PDA

View Full Version : Transportation question

disneygoofball
05-13-2003, 02:38 PM
My mom and I are going on a cruise in September, and we'll be going to WDW after our cruise. We would like transportation from Port Canaveral to WDW that isn't too expensive. Any ideas? Are there cabs there at the port when you disembark? And any idea how much it would cost to take a cab?

So far, our cheapest option is renting a car from Cocoa Beach and driving it to Orlando Int'l and then taking the Mears shuttle to the Grand Floridian, but that'll eat up most of our time that day. Any other options would be greatly appreciated.

Piglet822
05-13-2003, 10:31 PM
We always run a couple of vans and buses to the resorts from Port Canaveral. Not sure of the cost.
Just to let you know, the ride to the resorts is a little over an hour. There are pros and cons with the vans and the buses.
The vans will most likely have fewer stops but no video. The buses usually will have a video (I always have a movie, especially for the port to resort leg) but we sometimes end up with 6, 7, or even 8 stops.
Let me know exactly which day it is you're traveling and I'll be sure I get the resort slot that day ;)

Mr. Brass Bonanza
05-14-2003, 09:04 AM
We took a bus from the port to WDW, and it was very convenient. That was two years ago, and I can't remember if there was an extra charge for that then. If there was, Jean must have included it with our entire cruise package because I don't remember paying when we got on. I think we had a coupon. Now I'm not sure!

On our first cruise, we went straight form the ship to the airport, and I saw people getting on a bus to Walt Disney World and was bummed. But that changed for our second cruise, and there's nothing like walking off the ship and boarding a bus to Walt Disney World! smile.gif

Piglet822
05-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Brass Bonanza:
I can't remember if there was an extra charge for that then. If there was, Jean must have included it with our entire cruise package I believe it can be included as part of the package price because most times staff just checks Key to the World cards. There is a code on there indicting whether transportation has been paid for, or not.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
05-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Ah yes, I remember that now!

tiggerandpooh63
05-16-2003, 12:55 PM
We cruised last June and used Happy Limo - we had a towne car take us from the ship to the hotel. They will give you a quick quote via email.

We loved not having to make other stops and at the time the cost didn't seem too outrageous - I don't have it with me otherwise I'd share...

Highly Recommended!
beth

Beauty
05-20-2003, 06:33 PM
We went on the cruise last August. We took a town car from Happy Limo. It was so much cheaper than going by bus. On the bus we had to pay per person.By limo, it was one price for the four of us. I'm not sure if it would be cheaper since there are only two of you but I think it's worth a call to Happy Limo. Have fun. The cruise is FABULOUS!

Kaxtell
05-20-2003, 07:29 PM
In February we spent 11 days in WDW and then went on the 7 day cruise. We contacted Tiffany Town Car and arranged all of our transportation through them. Airport to WDW, WDW to Cruise, Cruise to airport. They were perfect. Always on time and the price was right. There were six of us.

So my answer to your question is call Donna at Tiffany Town Car and ask for Jerry -- he's the best!

Been back WAY too long - ready to go again!