PDA

View Full Version : Why use MagicalJourneys.com ?

glenn69
03-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Why should I use Magical Journeys to reserve my resort stay etc.. Can they get discounts that I cannot? I have read that they check for discounts after the reservation, but I can do that also. I'm not trying to be overly critical, just want to know why I should use them.

Thanks

faline
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I think the primary reason is that it makes your life easier. Instead of you having to check for any new discounts that might apply to your reservation, you have someone else doing it for you. You don't have to sit on the phone to get the discount applied. It's also possible that you might miss an announcement of a discount that's applicable to you.

Also, they're an Intercot sponsor so using them helps support this site!

Claytonia
03-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Also, keep in mind that all that work they do for you - which in my case has included making resort reservations, getting tickets, and answering a kajillion random questions via email and phone - is at no cost to you, whatsoever. Magical Journeys' agents are all seasoned veterans of the WDW experience and are very efficient, professional, and courteous. At this point, getting in touch with Nanci (my MJ agent) is part of the magic and fun of planning a WDW trip to me - that's how great my experience has been so far! graemlins/notworthy.gif

branvy
03-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Well, I was doubtful about using them (having been fairly knowledgeable and competent at making my own travel plans for the best rates), but I'd have to say I am now a convert.

One of the reasons I opted to use them was that a) I had read about some problems dealing directly with Disney reservations b) I don't have to sit on hold and deal with people...MJ does it for you and c) everytime a new deal comes out, I don't have to be the one getting on the phone with them and reworking it.

The other thing is that you might be surprised at how many times you change your mind. I've read several times on here about people saying "they were so patient with me, and considering how many times I changed my reservations, they were nothing but pleasant about it" I didn't think I'd change my mind about stuff, was sure I had it all planned out, but then of course here I am 1.5 months out and I've already had to make three changes! Instead of calling up someone and waiting to get it done, I shoot a quick email and that's that.

PLUS, for those people who don't have time to check for new specials every minute or the knowledge of where to look, it's done for you without you even having to ask. Kind of nice.

Oh yes, and my rep spent time with me offering me suggestions on how to make the most of this "anniversary trip". That was above and beyond what she had to do..it certainly didn't put any money in her pocket. She just did it b/c she was trying to be helpful.

[ March 03, 2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: branvy ]

offwego
03-03-2004, 01:17 PM
They make it alot easier!!!

No long distance phone bill is just a small plus for me!

There was a cdn. at par that required a visa to use it & even though I had already put my deposit (by a visa) and at first they were told they could not transfer my deposit but would refund and then rebuy Melissa was sucessful in getting them to do a transfer!! This saves me money as when you "buy" usd on your visa it's at a different exchange rate then when you "sell" (ie get a refund) & I would have not gotten as much of a deal.

They were so good I'm using them again in November.

brownie
03-04-2004, 09:21 AM
You use them because they are probably going to save you money, and it won't cost you anything. Plus, you don't have to deal with making your hotel arrangements, and they'll keep checking to see if they can get a lower rate applied to your reservation.

On our trip last year, I had originally made a reservation for Movies through CRO. I found out about Magical Journeys here on Intercot, and had my reservation transferred to them. My original reservation was at the value season rack rate. CRO told me they didn't really offer any discounts at Movies. As soon as my reservation was transferred, Magical Journeys was able to get me the AAA rate at Movies, which basically gave me a free night over the 6 nights we stayed at movies, compared to paying the value season rack rate.

I'd say it's worthwhile to use Magical Journeys. It won't cost you anything, and you don't have to worry about dealing with CRO.

Ian
03-04-2004, 09:27 AM
You're asking the wrong question ... the right question to ask is, "Why NOT use Magical Journeys?"

First off ... they're free for you to use. Sounds pretty good, right?

And then ... they do all the work! You email them and say, "Get me the best deal going at x resort for y dates, please." and their incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff takes over from there. You don't lift a finger again.

Why would you want to spend all your time on the phone with CRO or pouring over papers looking for discounts when MJT will do it all for you for no cost to you?

I've used them many times and I've never had a single complaint. On the contrary, I let Karen and Nanci know how great they are every time I work with them ... They've never let me down once!

Janmac
03-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm another convert. For many trips I did the reserving and calling and modifying myself, which wasn't always easy as we usually get 3 rooms when we go, as we're an extended family group.

When we decided to go to the campgrounds this upcoming trip, I contacted Magical Journeys. Melissa has been very helpful, answering questions regarding our original reservations and the changes that have come up.

After one change WDW kept sending confirmations that didn't reflect the change. Melissa kept calling until the "glitch" got fixed and we got the confirmation with the correct info. I have done this kind of thing myself in the past and could do it again, but it sure was nice to keep making plans for a big family Thanksgiving and not have to work in calls to WDW as well.

Melissa has twice e-mailed me with notices of discounts that have saved us a couple hundred dollars. Again, I could do that myself but it's so much nicer to have Melissa doing it.

And finally, by using Magical Journeys you help keep fellow Americans employed. graemlins/clappy.gif

Jan

dwdart
03-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by glenn69:
Why should I use Magical Journeys to reserve my resort stay etc.. Can they get discounts that I cannot? I have read that they check for discounts after the reservation, but I can do that also. I'm not trying to be overly critical, just want to know why I should use them.

Thanks to tell you the truth i just got off the line with Courtney and she has been nothing but great to work with.
you are not going to have to do anything but let them work out all the details and they WILL find you the best deal out there for what you want.
if a better deal comes up they will find it and you will get the better deal. you don't have to keep looking for the deals as they come out they do it all for you.
i would sum it up like this magical journeys travel has been MAGICAL to work with. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

good luck
david

glenn69
03-04-2004, 12:13 PM
OK...OK....OK.....I get the point.

Yesterday I sent my reservation request to Magical Journeys.

Thanks for the advice.