PDA

View Full Version : Air Tran Airlines

pd
02-11-2003, 11:35 AM
As we try to plan our flight, it seems as if Air Tran is the only airline non-stop from BWI to Orlando. I have never heard of them. Anyone know anything about them?

TheRustyScupper
02-11-2003, 11:46 AM
1) Air Tran was a regional carrier.
2) After Value Jet ("critter") crashed, they bought Air Tran.
3) Air Tran has contiued to flourish.
4) They have a good safety and on-time record.
5) I would not have a problem recommending them.

Bmwdsny
02-11-2003, 11:57 AM
I recently flew on AirTran last December to Atlanta. I never heard of that carrier myself. The only reason i picked that airline cuz it was the cheapest. But i have to say, i had a positive experience with AirTran. I wouldn't hesitate to fly it on it again!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

doombuggy
02-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Air Tran was great and the rates were very reasonable. I flew out of Phila last October for $170 r/t non-stop to MCO. My dad & family are going for 5 days this coming Friday, and got a cheaper rate on Air Tran than US Air, which he always flies. I noticed that the rates from Baltimore are the cheapest around (between Phila, Dulles & National). Unfortunately, I am leaving with Grama and we must go out of National ($196.50 r/t non-stop each on US Air).

Just note, if you sit in a window seat, there is less space under the seat in front of you to place your bag. You may need to stow it over head.

Mary M
02-11-2003, 01:15 PM
I have also flown Air Tran and found them to be just fine.

Unless I'm mistaking them for someone else, I believe they have a sweet deal to upgrade to first class for about $20. Or they did when I flew them a few years ago.

Unless I'm thinking of another airline. :rolleyes:

aldebkate
02-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Hi, we fly Air Tran out of Bwi often. We take flight 445 out early in the morning and arrive non-stop in Orland two hours later. It is nice.Are you going to thier website.? they had a webfare special 2 weeks ago for $82. each way. We are using them in august for a trip to Orlando and would not hesitate to reccommend them to any one.

SIMOSIMO
02-11-2003, 09:01 PM
I'v been on Airtran dozens of times. Its a great airline. I just want to add a few small things
Airtran is does not serve food. Which may not be a problem just try to eat before hand. Also they don't offer E-tickets. I highly recommend them.

NJDad
02-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Most short flights these days only get you a bag of pretzels or a piece of fruit, even if you're in midair during your usual meal times. Don't worry, you'll be eating plenty of greasy fried food and ice cream after you arrive at WDW!

watchaminnie
02-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Southwest also flies a lot of daily non-stops from BWI to Orlando. They don't participate in travel websites so you need to go to their website directly. If you have a lot of time until your trip, you may want to sign up for their email updates and wait til BWI-MCO is a special price and jump on it. If your trip is soon, then book soon as their rates sell out.

CLJ in VA
02-12-2003, 08:20 AM
I usually fly out of BWI to MCO using Southwest, but actually got a better flight time and price from National in DC for my trip in March.

They even beat Southwest's price! Now THAT's a switch.

A Big Kid
02-14-2003, 11:00 AM
I flew AirTran once. Me and 750 other stinky, smelly, homesick war torn GI's flew home from Saudi Arabia in an AirTran DC10 after the first Gulf War. It was a GREAT flight for me, but then, I would have been happy on a open cockpit WWII era biplane.

If it is good enough for Government work....