PDA

View Full Version : pay with room key?

coopy
01-28-2003, 09:43 AM
On our last trip to WDW we pooked a package through WDW. It was the room/ultimate park hopper pkg. We were able to use our room key, which was also our ticket into the parks, as a charge card (charging $ to our room) as well. This year I am considering booking my room and tickets separately (I learned this was cheaper here on Intercot graemlins/clappy.gif ). I am only planning on getting the Park Hopper, not PH plus. What I would like to know is will these still be combined on one card (room key and ticket)if I order them through WDW online. If not, will I still be able to use one or the other as a charge card in the park? That sure was convenient!!!!!

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
01-28-2003, 09:54 AM
I can answer part of your question graemlins/blush.gif We booked our room and paid for it, then later applied a discount to our reservation. So there was money left over in our account. We just used the room card to pay for purchases with that extra money. So, yes you will be able to charge with it if you give them a credit card to secure it. I believe our limit on the room card was $1500. You can overpay your hotel bill and have money there in the account in advance so it won't go on your credit card.

I am not sure but I think if you buy your park hoppers at check in they can put them on your room key, maybe. I am sure someone will give the definitive answer in just a minute!

faline
01-28-2003, 11:01 AM
When you check in, you can set up charge privileges using your room key to "charge" back to your room. You can do this throughout Disney World with the exception of the food carts. We were even able to charge our Carriage Ride at Fort Wilderness back to our room.

If you purchase your park passes when you arrive, your room key and park passes will be the same document. However, if you purchase your passes prior to your arrival, you get a discount on the pass purchase. This discount is not available if you purchase at check-in.

Hope this helps!

Beast_fanatic
01-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by coopy:
What I would like to know is will these still be combined on one card (room key and ticket)if I order them through WDW online. If you order your tickets in advance, you will not be able to apply them to your room key. You will have to keep your tickets separate, but you will save money.

Originally posted by coopy:
If not, will I still be able to use one or the other as a charge card in the park? That sure was convenient!!!!! So long as you are staying at a Disney resort, you can use your room key as a charge card when backed by a credit card, debit card or cash amount.

harperwi
01-29-2003, 11:34 AM
It's my understanding that although you have to BACK your room-key-charging-privelege with a credit card or debit card, you can arrange to pay the balance toward the end of your vacation another way. However, the timing is critical.

I've heard stories where guests wished to pay off their charged balance in cash, but because they waited too long it automatically went to the credit card. I believe you need to visit the front desk prior to midnight of the day you check out for them to "head the credit card off at the pass."

If you were planning on paying off your balance in cash, you need to be VERY clear with your CM on what you need to do. But it can be done.

Jon

Mandy
01-29-2003, 01:19 PM
When we go, my mom likes to pay in cash. We check in and then leave 1500 in cash. Plus, an imprint of a credit card, in case we go over! We sometimes get money back when we check out, or if we went over, then just a small amount is put on a cc. This works for us.