PDA

View Full Version : Wizzy takes on the Land...day 6

DisneyWizard
09-08-2002, 12:18 AM
Previous reports: Pre-trip report (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003138), post-pre trip report (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003165), day 1 (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000021), day 2 (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003176), day 3 (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000028), day 4 (http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003236), day 5 (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003283)

Click my homepage icon for pictures of the suite I stayed in.

Day 6

Another early wakeup, I did my usual morning routine. Got ready, looked outside for a bit, then made my way on over to concierge. Another filling breakfast for the day. Immediately after bottled water touched my hand I was off to Disneyland! graemlins/clappy.gif (The excitement still hadn't worn off...)

Of course, like usual, I headed straight for Indiana Jones. Rode it once and LOVED IT! It hadn't lost its wonder and I was still in awe after riding it. I quickly made my way over to Space Mountain since I hadn't ridden it as many times as I would have enjoyed since I arrived. I was hoping I would be less critical of it, but I wasn't. I still like WDW's far better - I really don't see any comparison (sorry Jane! graemlins/blush.gif ). I grabbed a FastPass for the ride anyway (I enjoy it, don't get me wrong) which was good in about a half and hour. I headed to the Matterhorn and I rode the right side and then again on the left side. I have come to the conclusion that everyone online is wrong - there is no difference between the two sides with the exception of a mirror track. :D

Since lines had a while before they picked up (and they would be smaller since it was Monday), I decided to take a drive on the Autopia without FastPass. I was lucky enough to get a different lane (so it wasn't the exact same ride as before). I still got a kick out of the off-roading section - I would ride the Speedway in WDW if it weren't so unbelievably boring! They need a revamp like California's.

After my 6.5mph race, I hit all of the Fantasyland rides. Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan. All of them were delightful.

I had about 5 minutes until my FastPass was due so I made my way over to the StarTraders where the official pin trading station was located. I looked (and shopped :cool: ) around for a while and then took yet another trip on Space Mountain which already had a 30-minute wait. I found that odd since Indiana Jones only had a 25-minute wait and everything else in the park was a walk-on. Too bad for those people waiting in line, huh? ;)

I hurried my little legs over to Critter Country (which, by the way, I don't understand how it could be its own land --- there's only one attraction! Even when the Country Bears were in it there wasn't enough to do. I like Florida's "land setup" better (only since it doesn't abuse the law of "common sense" :rolleyes: )) and rode Splash Mountain via single rider's line. My fellow loggers were very fun and we all had a great time talking to each other during the trip through Brer Rabbit's laughing place. graemlins/silly.gif

DisneyWizard
09-08-2002, 12:19 AM
DCA was opening soon and I was sure to get there when it did. Immediately I was up for a flight over the land of California and luckily Soarin' Over California did just that. How convenient, right? tongue.gif Next up was California Screamin. I looked around the Pacific Wharf area, which has a whopping ZERO attractions (I make tortillas at my work - I don't consider a tour of my work an attraction), for some food and found some chicken tacos at Cocina Cucamonga. graemlins/mixed.gif They were good tacos but a little pricey.

Since I was in the area (sort of), I experienced It's Tough to be a Bug. Following my expedition into the anthill I found myself magnetically drawn to the Art of Disney Animation building. :eek: I ultimately decided not to fight this magnetism and went in. :D I think I spend too much time in that attraction.

On my way over to the Grizzly side of the park, I spotted Mike and Sulley about to do a show so I sat and watched. Even though it was aimed to kids, I have to admit it was pretty funny! I loved when they were trying to get screams and Sulley put on the Mickey face. graemlins/crazy.gif

Grizzly River Run was just as much fun as it had been the first time I rode - the theming was spectacular! I really enjoyed my expedition. The want for shopping began to arise (something which only occurs within a theme park I can assure you) so I shopped for quite a bit around all of DCA until 30 minutes before my dinner reservation. I took my trolley bus back to the hotel and dropped off my newly bought merchandise at the bellhop and proceeded back to the resort. I was on my way to the Jazz Kitchen for dinner! graemlins/smokin.gif

DisneyWizard
09-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Upon arriving I first asked if they were busy - since they weren't I requested Tim. Unfortunately, the hostess informed me Tim left the Jazz Kitchen quite a while back. :( She asked if I had any other server preferences and I told her no, so I was seated on the top of the balcony right over the fountain (they told me I could pick wherever I wanted to sit so I picked right there! What a deal. :cool: ). The view was great (the restaurant was beautiful!) and my server, Erika, was absolutely wonderful! Not only was she extremely personable, but also she knew her menu inside and out and was very patient with me! I LOVED the service and the food was even better. The only restaurant that I have had such a good time at was the San Angel Inn. That's how much of a great experience this was!

graemlins/tasty.gif

I finished my meal with no dessert (they were out of what I had ordered... graemlins/crying.gif ) and filled out a comment card with high remarks. I then left a HUGE tip (almost 30%) and was on my way back to Disneyland.

The ride with the shortest line, according to the tip board, which I was up for at that time was It's a Small World. I know I know....that makes the grand total 3 times I had ridden it since arriving in California. I did consider going to the doctor. :rolleyes:

The trip around the world was great and all, but nothing compared to Indiana Jones, which I rode next. graemlins/mickey.gif The finale effect, which wasn't working 100% that morning, was working again and made it that much of a more thrilling experience. Billy and the Hillbillies were calling my name and I gleefully responded. :D The show was just as much fun as it had been the day before, and some of the songs had been changed making it fresh. graemlins/thumbsup.gif I now understood the love for Billy.

DisneyWizard
09-08-2002, 12:23 AM
Since I had only ridden it once during my trip, I decided to try out Roger Rabbit again. I really like this ride and wish we had more dark rides like this in the parks. Not necessarily spinning dark rides (I'm not sure I loved that aspect of it) but how long and how detailed the attraction was.

In the mood for both a Dole Whip and a show with some animatronics, I arrived at the Tiki Birds. I found the Juice Bar to be closed so I wasn't able to get a Dole Whip ( :( ) but the Tiki Birds had a show in a few minutes that I was able to see. Now that I was in a nostalgic mood, I headed back on over to DCA to wait for the Electrical Parade. While I waited, since I had a while, I watched some of the live entertainment. I saw two singing groups and a band, which was followed by the Electrical Parade. It's too bad every Disney theme park has to kick it out since it really is a joy to watch. smile.gif

I loved how it worked out the other night with the fireworks over my head during Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, so I was sure to ride it next. Just as they did the night before, I rode this great ride in the dark with magical fireworks all around me.

After the Fireworks/BTMRR Fantasmic once again ensued. I watched in awe, like always, at this spectacular show. To end the night was a trip on the Pirates of the Caribbean - I was the last boat of the day and made my way slowly to the front where my trolley bus awaited me. :(

I was taken back to my hotel and was happy to find my packages in my room (neatly organized by the housekeeping). My plant was once again changed (something that I really truly looked forward to each day - that kind of stuff makes me feel pampered) and I hit the sack waiting for tomorrow.

- - -

Today was great way to blend all of my favorites and a few new dining experiences together. I was delighted to ride Pirates at night again (because it is so long of a ride it was a neat feeling to be on an attraction 10 minutes after the park closed) and Indy was obviously great as well. My energy was just as high as it had been when I first visited the parks. It normally is in Florida, but in Florida I visit a different theme park each day. Here, I was still thrilled about visiting the same two theme parks day after day after day. smile.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'll try to get my Day 7 in as fast as I can!

ChipDale
09-08-2002, 10:46 AM
Casey, I am enjoying your reports so much! smile.gif Once again, sounds like a perfect day to me. (Don't apologize about Space Mountain - you like what you like. ;) Did the music play in the headrests though?)

I'm sorry to hear that Tim left the Jazz Kitchen. He was a fantastic server. I'm glad you enjoyed you meal there. It's definitely my favorite Downtown Disney restaurant. graemlins/tasty.gif

I know these reports have got to be taking up a lot of time that you don't have. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate all the hard work you're putting into them! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dizneyana
09-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Another fabulous day!! :D

Got to see the Billies again... What a shame.. ;) graemlins/laughing.gif

I LOVED the Jazz Kitchen too.. graemlins/tasty.gif

Thanks for another great day, Casey!!

MauiMouse
09-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ChipDale:

I know these reports have got to be taking up a lot of time that you don't have. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate all the hard work you're putting into them! graemlins/thumbsup.gif I think that all who read these trip reports agree with ChipDale, we all appreciate all the hard work for writing your trip report.

Sounds like another great day, too bad that you couldn't get a Dole Whip graemlins/crying.gif

Thanks for sharing your day, enjoying reading about Disneyland and DCA.
graemlins/mickey.gif

imported_PolyGirl40
09-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Spectacular report, Casey!

Piglet
09-12-2002, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the great trip report, Wizzy!! One of these days...I'm hoping Chucky & I will see The Land...we really have to...and especially after this report!! graemlins/mickey.gif