PDA

View Full Version : Which park for New Years Eve???

ccp1
12-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Hi,

I've read some of the previous NYEve topics, but I thought I'd re-ask the question. We're 4 adults and 1 just under 21 (so we can't hit Pleasure Island). I've read lots about EPCOT at midnight- but how about MK, MGM, or AK for New Years? Thanks in advance for the info.

Edzter86
12-13-2002, 06:08 AM
I think I'd spend New Years Eve at Epcot or Disney Studios. Last year, there was a special showing of Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks New Years Eve (Sorcery in the Sky is only shown on special occasions now, because of Fantasmic). I think I would go with Epcot or Disney Studios on New Years Eve--maybe leaning towards Epcot, because the park is so big, the crowds will be more spread out. smile.gif

SteveL
12-14-2002, 01:34 PM
We had a great time at The Studios. In addition to Sorcery in the Sky, there were numerous stages in the park with live bands performing, DJs. etc. The fireworks weren't the usual ones, they were greatly enhanced above the Chinese Theater and the Tower of Terror.

jennie
12-15-2002, 06:51 PM
In 1998, I was at Magic Kingdom for New year's Eve. I have never seen better fireworks anywhere in my whole life. They were of course over the castle, but if I remember correctly they seemed to be coming from 4 different spots. It was absolutely beautiful. I remember the park being crowded. But we sat on the bridge going into Tomorrowland and as soon as the fireworks were over we ran and got on Space Mountain with no wait. It was really great!!