PDA

View Full Version : Parade Marshall

DisneyorBust
12-17-2002, 11:06 AM
Each park has a parade dailey. Each parade has a family that is the parade marshall. They're in a special car that is first on the parade route. How do you get to be that family? I think it would be majorly cool!! My kids would just freak. Any ideas? graemlins/mickey.gif

faline
12-17-2002, 12:09 PM
DisneyorBust - Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/mickey.gif

I'm not sure there is a way to ensure that you and your family are chosen. Others who have posted on these boards have indicated that cast members are on the lookout for families to choose for this. Others may be able to provide you with hints on how you might be noticed and selected.

Edzter86
12-17-2002, 04:42 PM
Linda's right, there is no way to be guaranteed to be parade grand marhsalls. Cast members look for a friendly family (if you're all wearing a matching Disney t-shirt, that wouldn't hurt), who are smiling and having a great time.

You may want to ask Guest Relations as soon as you enter about it. The Grand Marshalls are chosen within the first hour of the park's opening.

Also check out this thread:

Parade Grand Marshall Info Thread (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000005) smile.gif

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
12-17-2002, 09:46 PM
We were fortunate enough to be grand marshalls in the MGM Stars & Cars parade, this past Oct. It helped us because we dressed aliked. We had our hair braided,red lipstick,goofy tee's. It helps being identical triplets too!! smile.gif Act excited about being there! Be there before the park opens and SMILE!! :D Good Luck!! D,D&D

WDWdriver
12-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Right. The lucky guests are chosen by the parade coordinator, and you won't know in advance who he/she is. Other cast members cannot get you into the parade.

BTW, you have a better chance at Animal Kingdom than at the other parks. At AK they select several families to participate, and can take up to 22 guests divided between several parade floats.