PDA

View Full Version : Star Taxi Experience

Granny Jill A
12-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Just got back from the "World", and wanted to vent my frustration with Star Taxi. I booked a vacation package through the Disney web site. I chose the towncar option, and was told that someone would be there to meet my flight at baggage claim.

Guess what? No one was there. After waiting for 10 minutes, I called the company. They would send somebody to meet me. My sister and I went to the designated spot and watched for any sign of a towncar. My sister stayed with our luggage while I patrolled the pickup area. Five minutes later, I saw a towncar lurch partially into a lane. As I walked toward the unmarked car, the driver approached carrying an upsidedown sign with my name on it. Finally!

I got my sister and our luggage to the car. The driver closed the trunk on my sister's coat. As he left the parking spot, he nearly hit another car. He also made several cell phone calls while driving. At times he removed his hands from the wheel to gesture as he talked. He would change lanes at the last minute, often cutting people off. It was a scary trip.

He said he was late because the dispatcher had just given him the pick-up order. He lectured me about calling at least 24 hours ahead of time. I told him that I had made my pick-up reservation over two months ago. He didn't have anything to say after that.

To make matters worse, he obviously didn't know where he was going, because I had to tell him to turn around and go back the other way at one point. Thank goodness I knew the way to the resort.

The return trip to the airport was much better. This time, Star Taxi sent a marked car on time, with a driver (Dennis from Jamaica) who was EXCELLENT.

Next time, I will book Tiffany or Cartier towncar.
Just thought you'd want to know.

ChipDale
12-09-2002, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I'm going to pop this over to Vacation Planning where it may help some of our members in the future.

TheRustyScupper
12-09-2002, 03:55 PM
1) Who needs RnRC when you have Star Taxi?
2) Think of this as an advance WDW attraction.
3) You got spills, chills and thrills even before you got to WDW! (LOL)

Sorry about the jest, but just trying to make light of a bad situation.

[ December 09, 2002, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: TheRustyScupper ]

faline
12-09-2002, 04:38 PM
Sorry about your experience. Hope you were able to enjoy your vacation once you arrived at your destination!

vizsla
12-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Star Taxi. I just utilized there services in Oct. and every thing went well for us both ways.

Granny Jill A
12-10-2002, 03:30 PM
Thanks to all who commented on my Star Taxi post. I got a big laugh from Rusty Scupper's comments.
My sister and I did have a good time once we got to the resort, where we both heaved a big sigh of relief.

One question for those of you who HAVE booked a vacation through Disney website. How did you let Star Taxi know what flights you would be on? I saw no place for that information on the site.