PDA

View Full Version : Credit to your room

fitzgra
05-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Think I saw this topic somewhere but can't quite place it.
Thought someone said you could pay extra towards your room and then just use your resort id/room key to charge against it.
My question, if this is true and you have credit left that you paid by cash, will you get it back in kind at check out or will Disney refund it to you in future by check?

Beast_fanatic
05-27-2003, 04:14 PM
I have heard of a lot of people that have done this, but I only recall hearing of one that had money left at the end, and it was less than $5, so they just got cash at check out. I don't know what happens if you have a lot of money left on your account, but I can't imagine them paying out a great deal of cash or writing you a check at that point.

Hopefully someone with experience with this will come along soon.

cvzdesign
05-27-2003, 04:41 PM
We charged everything with our resort IDs.
We didn't have to put cash down, they have your credit card backing it up. I don't know if that's still the way they do it. - I hope so.

It was so nice not having to worry about losing anything in the parks.
We had the IDs in a special pocket of the fanny pack, and some fun cash in a ziploc there too.
Nothing else to worry about losing! graemlins/clappy.gif

THE Queen
05-27-2003, 04:54 PM
If your room credit is less than $50 at checkout, you get cash then. If it is more, you will get a check approx. 3 weeks later.
Hope this helped

imported_PolyGirl40
05-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Queen is right on the money.

My husband is a cash-only kinda guy and doesn't use a card for charge back. We over-pay our resort fee and use that toward items. We usually bring it down to under $50 and get the cash back. Last year it was $3. graemlins/laughing.gif

fitzgra
05-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Once again I came to the right place!!
Thanks for the info! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

cvzdesign
05-28-2003, 08:22 AM
We use the card, because that way we don't have to carry a lot of cash.
And since we pay the card off completely every month, Discover card is paying US 1% of everything we charge in Disney. :D

Donalds Duckie
05-28-2003, 11:21 AM
I've always used credit card and charged to my room....and it racks up reward points on my American Express that I can exchange for air fare, etc. Guess I'll use my Disney Visa now.

E-OR
05-28-2003, 12:22 PM
We have always put cash against our room, we too are the kind that don't like to use credit cards. The last three times we left there was more than $50.00 against our room, in April we had $380.00 left, and they gave it back in cash when we checked out.

carribeanpirate250
05-28-2003, 12:32 PM
How do you put money on your reservation? Do you do it at check in? Can it be done prior to arrival?

Beast_fanatic
05-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by carribeanpirate250:
How do you put money on your reservation? Do you do it at check in? Can it be done prior to arrival? To put MONEY against your room, you can either overpay your reservation prior to arrival and use the overpayment to charge against, or you can deposit cash, a check, or a debit card at check-in against your room to charge against.

Additionally, a credit card can be put against your room to make charges against.

BettyG
05-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Great Resonses!! smile.gif

So - if I wanted to use a "MasterCard - Debt Card" for my check-in, I could still use that to charge things to my room correct? :confused:

That way we're technically paying cash... the money we put into our checking/savings acct. for our vacation. Then we don't have to carry around all that cash with us. But can also use an ATM if need be for more. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I've missed this one - whats the limit you can charge to your room? (is this over and above what your room for the week would cost?)

Thanks! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

faline
05-29-2003, 06:46 AM
I haven't tried using a debit card to charge back against.

The amount you are allowed to charge against the room is over and above the cost of your room for the length of your stay. When you check in, they will ask if you want to be able to charge against your room. They will tell you the amount available to you at that point. I understand that you can request a printout at the desk, on a daily basis, to see where you stand with room charges. If you are close to running over your allowed amount, you can discuss increasing the amount. As we also use travelers' checks and/or our charge card while in the parks, we've never run over our amount.

You can also choose whether or not your children (if any) will be able to charge against the room.

There are many ATM's on site though I understand the fee charged for their use is quite high.

Beast_fanatic
05-29-2003, 09:38 AM
You can definitely use your debit card for charging privileges against your room, but I don't know how they determine your limit.

Dream'nDisney
05-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Money left over at the end of a trip??????? I could only wish we'd have money left over! graemlins/crazy.gif We always charge against our room too so that we don't have to take much cash with us. It is so convenient. Unfortunately for my pocketbook, it is a little TOO convenient to charge.

lindique
05-29-2003, 06:47 PM
From what I remember, the amount of credit on your account seems to depend on what resort you are in. I seem to remember $1500 at the moderates, and maybe $500 at All Stars. They "hold" that amount against your credit card in case you use it. When you get your bill, only the amounts actually charged appear.

Beast_fanatic
05-29-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by lindique:
From what I remember, the amount of credit on your account seems to depend on what resort you are in. I seem to remember $1500 at the moderates, and maybe $500 at All Stars. They "hold" that amount against your credit card in case you use it. When you get your bill, only the amounts actually charged appear. For credit cards, they give you a set amount that you can charge before they will put the charge against your card. Your limit is reset after the charge is put through.

But for debit cards, I don't know what they set the limit at or what type of rules it follows.

Gilgalad
06-05-2003, 07:56 AM
I talked to the CRO yesterday and she told me that with debit cards you specify the amount you want and they hold it against your card.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
06-05-2003, 09:42 PM
On our last trip we used our debit/credit card on our room at the BWI. smile.gif

Imalismom
06-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Yes, You can do this. The last time I personally did this, I had over $450.00 left (I had a $3000.00 credit to start with). The reason I had such a high credit was I transferred from the Grand Floridian to the All Stars, after paying for my room smile.gif .

They gave me the credit back in cash the day I left.

I did go the night before and talk to the night manager so that I would have no problems at check out, and he made sure it was all ready for me int he morning. I did leave a credit card number with them, in case anything came through after I checked out (I knew nothing would, but they felt more comfortable having one). I actully left my debit card nunmber by the way.

I always make sure I have several thousands of dollars n credit with WDW before we actually get there. This way, I have all my food etc., covered, and I don't have to worry about paying for ANYTHING
after I get home.