PDA

View Full Version : Skip a park?

Piglet#1Fan
09-27-2002, 09:09 PM
Which of the four parks would you skip on a 3 day vacation. :confused: graemlins/clappy.gif

36 Days 12 Hrs 52 Mins 33 Secs

Janmac
09-27-2002, 09:23 PM
In the best "have your cake and eat it too" tradition: none! :D

Example (only): Day 1 - MK; Day 2 - Studios; Day 3 - AK; and Epcot every afternoon after 4 pm graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jan

CJDDS
09-27-2002, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't skip a park - I would go to AK first thing in the morning, then switch to another park like MGM after seeing the main things at AK. AK is small enough to do the main attractions in half a day.

graemlins/mickey.gif

Disney-4-Me
09-27-2002, 11:16 PM
I am going for 3 1/2 days in October and we are skipping AK. We went for 4 days in April and tried to do them all, working in 1/2 days as was suggested previously. I would never do that again. Time is too precious on a short trip and too much of it was wasted traveling from park to park. AK has the least to see, skip it on a short trip and come back next time.
graemlins/mickey.gif

jillluvsdisney
09-28-2002, 04:25 AM
We went for a 4 day trip and we skipped MGM. We spent all day open to close at AK. The only two attraction we missed that we wanted to see were the Kahli River Rapids and the Tarzan show. We went to downtown Disney that night. Day 2 was MK in the am, then a swim and nap and back to MK for dinner and E-night. Third day was open to close Epcot. We wanted to see a lot of stuff we had always seemed to miss from past trips to Ecpot this is why we decided to skip MGM, on our last trip we did practically everything at MGM. Day 4 before our flight left we shopped and lunch at Downtown Disney.

NJDad
09-28-2002, 06:11 AM
I really think you could combine AK and EPCOT in the same day...hit the highlights of AK in morning and get to EPCOT and stay till 9.

TheInventor'sDaughter
09-28-2002, 08:54 AM
First, I have to agree that you can fit all four parks into a three day trip. We did it last year in Nov. 2001. We did AK our first morning, then Epcot in the evening. We did MGM the second day. Then we did MK one day, followed by an MGM and Epcot evening.

BUT if I had to pick one park that I would skip .... Well, I personally would skip MGM. But my advice for you has a few "ifs" in it:

1) If you have never been to AK, but you've experienced the other parks more than once: Skip Epcot.

2) If you absolutely love thrill rides and live for thrill rides and nothing else: skip AK.

3) If you couldn't care less about thrill rides and you just love the whole Disney atmosphere: skip MGM.

And last but not least ... NEVER SKIP MK!!!

smile.gif - Vaneta

Jared
09-28-2002, 11:29 AM
I took a 3 day trip this past May, and we decided to skip Animal Kingdom. It wasn't easy for me to totally skip a park, but time is so important on short trips, and it's necessary to make maximum use of the time. Go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the Disney Studios, and go back to Animal Kingdom next time. smile.gif

VickiP
09-28-2002, 12:02 PM
We've actually only planned for two parks in three days. The first day, we are getting off the cruise boat and checking into WL. So, we decided that since we've never been to Downtown Disney, we are going to spend that day there and also checking out the Christmas decorations in the monorail resorts. Then we'll spend one day at the Studios and the other at MK. I hate to miss out on the others, but we just didn't think we could do justice by trying to cram it all in. It gives us an excuse to go back. (As if I need one) graemlins/mickey.gif

VJSteph
09-28-2002, 12:45 PM
I'd have to agree with Janmac's theory. Hit MGM, MK, and AK at open. Finish the afternoons and evenings with Epcot.

We just returned from WDW a week or so ago, and as two adults in our late 20s, we found Epcot to be, unfortunately, somewhat dated - save Journey into Your Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and Test Track. But mind you, we loved Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster at MGM, too.

Mickey052501
09-28-2002, 01:05 PM
In the past when I have gone on a shortened trip to Disney, I have skipped Animal Kingdom with my family. However, with proper planning, and lots of energy you can pack all four of the parks in. Good luck, and have a great time.

Jen

Places I have stayed on property:

All Star-Movies and Sports
Caribbean Beach-Trinidad
Beach Club

Places I would like to stay:

Polynesian
Wilderness
Port Orleans RS&FQ
:D graemlins/mickey.gif

Stjen981
09-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Just to prove it can be done, I went to Disney for a weekend in January last year. We visited MGM and AK on Saturday, and MK and Epcot on Sunday, AND spent saturday night at Downtown Disney!!! Of course, I have been there before, so I knew what I wanted to see and I was absolutely pooped on the way home...but if you are selective, you can defenitely do all four parks in three days -- I did them all in two!

However, I must say I am looking forward to my 11-day trip in May!

Swedish Cath
09-30-2002, 09:37 AM
I do not know where you guys get all your energy from!!!! We were tired out most afternoons from the parks and it was a struggle to make it out for dinner some nights!!! But packing a day with two parks from 9am until 9pm or even later... ha! there would have been no chance of us doing that.

Anyway a note on AK. It is a great park and should not be underestimated. If you try and "do" it in a morning you'll miss out on a lot of the great details, attractions and atmosphere. If I was in your position I would choose two parks this trip and spend a whole day at each and then the third day at a water park and DD.

Whatever you decide have a great trip. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Lilmermaid
09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Another vote for skipping the AK if you don't want to park hop. If you don't want to skip any, you could just spend the morning at AK and then transfer to another park. AK can definitely be done in 1/2 day. Animals are most active in the morning so I would suggest going there first thing in the morning if you decide to split up your day.

Katmegali
09-30-2002, 01:18 PM
I would also suggest skipping AK out of the other parks. It's a great park but I liked the other three much better.

mini
10-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Epcot!!!

Katzateer
10-02-2002, 07:17 AM
If you plan to go back, I'd get a park hopper pass and only use the days you need. Your next trip you will have your remaining days to use.

When we go to WDW we only use 2 days of our park hopper and go to MGM then Epcot, AK then MK. Sometimes we skip AK all together. We stay at MGM sometimes all day, just because I really like the park and Fantasmic.

If you get to go to the parks three days with a park hopper you should be able to see everything you want. We "hop" around quite a bit.

nutz4goofy
10-04-2002, 01:08 PM
As some have said earlier, you could do all four parks in three days. Lord knows I did 6 in 4 days!!! My suggestion would be AK and MGM in the same day. Head over to AK first thing in the morning and MGM in the afternoon so you can catch Fantasmic at night. This leaves you with Epcot and MK for two whole days!

Enjoy your trip!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

Toughbug
10-04-2002, 10:47 PM
I think that I echo the majority in saying that I would combine two parks into one day. I would hit the AK on a Magic Hour and get there before opening time, stay there till after lunch and about 1p.m. head over to Epcot and tour until closing. Then spend one day at MK and Studio each.

That makes one day long but it is manageable by relaxing when riding in the attractions and on the rides from AK to Epcot. And at one time there was a bus that went from AK to Epcot, but I don't think it runs anymore. But the transfer spot would be the AS resorts as they are the closest.

And don't forget to eat three good meals and snack and get plenty of fluids if you decide to do this. This will help keep the energy levels up.

Disney24Seven
10-05-2002, 01:25 AM
I agree with The Inventor's Daughter, it all depends on your personal preferences. I personally love AK and would pick it over MGM . I don't like rides like Tower of Terror or the Rock-n-Roller Coaster, but I love Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids. Then there are the shows, MGM has Beauty and the Beast which is great and Fantasmic which in my opinion is not to be missed,while AK has Festival of the Lion KIng also a great show. The Tree of Life, which is the centerpiece of AK, is awe inspiring to say the least. If you love nature AK is the place to go but if you are looking for thrills then MGM is the place for you. If it is the first time for you at either one of these then I'd suggest not rushing through,but if you must then split the day as suggested above with AK in the earlier part of the day and MGM in the latter part of the day. Hope this has been helpful and have a great time!!!!!

Toni
10-06-2002, 01:50 AM
We would skip Epcot...We have smaller kids,and they love the other parks more. Plus, we don't mind missing out on the good Epcot meals, because the kids just don't appreciate it. ;)

Missouri Bell
10-06-2002, 11:32 AM
It really depends on what interests you the most. Are children going and if so how old?
MK and MGM are must sees for me and I can spend a good amount of time at both places. Also where will you want to be having meals?
My suggestion is to go over each parks map very well and make lists of what you really want to see and do in each then see what can realisticly be done.
Everyone has their own level of energy and I tire quicker than many because of arthritis. My last visit I went to 3 parks in 1 day but was totally exhausted by the time I got to #3! I did great at MGM and then did AK, I HAD to go to MK for SM!!
I would suggest you not push yourself trying to see as much as possible but to relax and enjoy where you are to take in the full experience.
You also have to decide if you want to do other things such as Downtown Disney etc.
For me AK would be a park I would go to first thing in the morning and tour it until I was ready to go then go back to my room and take a break and a swim!! Rest up and go to another park later for dinner, fireworks etc.
I enjoyed MGM better last time because of going there when it opened and at full energy. I spent a good 5 hours there doing rides, shows and having a relaxing lunch but I would also pick that park as a later in the day park so possibly a rest break in the middle and then go back or combine it with AK if you have hopper tickets.
MK I would plan to spend a full day getting there when it opened then plan a break at lunch time and go back to enjoy it more. It closes earlier now so if you were wanting to do something different later you could go to Epcot for fireworks or Downtown Disney etc.
I will be going to Epcot for the first time myself my next trip so can not yet offer any advice there other than to check the attractions and decide the best you can.
No matter which parks you spend time in you will have fun!! Accept that you just won't have the time to see and do everything and some will just have to wait for another time.
Have a Magical time and let us know how it all turns out!
Bell graemlins/mickey.gif

Leah
10-08-2002, 04:52 PM
I would try and see some at all of the parks. If you are like my family we like a different park the best each time we go. We even stayed at epcot the most on trip when our kids were 41/2 and almost 2. The 4 year old loved watching the street performers by the countries.

motherhamv
10-09-2002, 08:20 AM
I'm going to agree that you should go to the AK in the morning, and MGM in the evening. We always seem to finish these parks in half a day, even when we are not trying to.

Rich Mc
10-11-2002, 06:20 PM
I would skip MGM.I have found MGM the least "fun" park. Most of the park is stores to buy Disney stuff. It's nice at night,with the street lights. The Star War's section is very out dated.