PDA

View Full Version : How much for mousekeeping?

Angel Cakes
11-23-2002, 03:51 PM
We will be arriving at the Port Orleans Riverside in 6 days! graemlins/clappy.gif We will have 2 connecting rooms with 2 adults and 4 kids. Do we pay mousekeeping for each room or per person? Somewhere I read a $1 a person. Do you think $6 for both rooms would be sufficient? I know the maids work hard and make probably minimum wage, so I don't want to be cheap. But on the other hand we're on a budget too. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!!

faline
11-23-2002, 04:21 PM
Here's some information from Intercot Central on tipping. Generally, my husband and I leave $3 daily for the mousekeeper. If I booked more than one room, I would tip for each room.

Intercot Tipping Info (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/money/tipping.asp)

Granny Jill A
12-20-2002, 02:55 PM
I generally go with $1 per person per day. I bump it up for extra service, such as leaving us more towels or soap when we ask. With inflation, I probably should increase that amount, but I'm also on a budget when I visit the World.

I also make it a point not to leave my personal items strewn about the room. This makes their job more difficult when trying to vacuuum, make the beds or clean the sink area. graemlins/nono.gif

VickiP
12-20-2002, 03:33 PM
We left $5 for the four of us each day that we were at Wilderness Lodge. The first day, I actually got a thank you note! I thought that was very nice. Then on the second day, she left us extra towels, soap and had some fun with the kids' toys. When we walked in I couldn't believe that I had left the TV on and then I couldn't find the remote. When I finally looked at the bed, she had all the toys lined up looking at the TV and one of the toys had the remote!

I think they really appreciate the tip because they rely on those as part of their compensation.

DebK
12-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Hi!

We left $5 a day and always seemed to get extra soaps, shampoos, etc.

vizsla
12-20-2002, 04:08 PM
We usually leave a $1.00 per person, but if we request extra pillows, towels, etc. then we add on another $2.00.