PDA

View Full Version : Easter Week at WDW

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
03-02-2002, 10:25 PM
We know about the Easter Egg hunt at the American Pavilion and Alice's tea party in the United Kingdom at Epcot, does anyone else know of other activities at WDW during Easter week? Like other Easter egg hunts, special breakfasts/dinners?

BizzyLady
03-02-2002, 10:47 PM
We will also be there on Easter and I was wondering if they do anything special. Is there info somewhere about the stuff you have already mentioned?

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
03-02-2002, 11:12 PM
Last Easter Sunday, they held several Easter Egg hunts in the garden to the right at the American Pavillion. Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny were also on hand to sign autographs. You sign up for a hunt. Then the kids are released into the garden, which is filled with plastic eggs filled with either prizes or a note to redeem a prize. Each kid could only find 7 or 8 eggs (I forget), then had to leave the garden. There is enough eggs for every kid to find the limit of eggs.
Then over in the UK, the back of the courtyard was set up with tables. The CMs last year were completely disorganized threatening the necessary scheduling of the only show we could attend (we had to leave by 2:30 to get home) After being very disappointed with several CMs, I finally found a CM who could help me, to get scheduled for the show after our Easter Egg hunt. Only kids were allowed into the tea party, the adults had to watch from the hedges. They were served lemonade and cookies (no tea), while Alice and the Mad Hatter went from table to table signing autographs.
It all worked out wonderfully, Tasha even picked the 'grand prize' egg and we got on the road on-time.

BizzyLady
03-02-2002, 11:24 PM
Sounds fun. My daughter will be 10 and maybe too old for the Easter Egg hunt. When my kids were younger I took them to an "organized" hunt. It was one of the most horrible experiences in my life. Some of the adults were dragging their kids around, trying to get the most eggs. It made me really nervous and uncomfortable as I stood outside the ropes and watched. There were people screaming at their kids and going crazy. That was my first, and only, egg hunt. Of course the Easter Bunny hides eggs at our house. It does sound like they try to prevent the adults from doing that there though, from what you've said. Would you recommend the tea for a 10 year old or was it mostly younger kids?

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
03-03-2002, 12:08 PM
No adults in the garden, except to help lead the very small. Eggs are all over the place (hard to say that they were actually hidden). My daughter sat with an older girl probably at least 10 at the tea party. I think as long as the kid isn't smoking a cigarette, it's ok.

BizzyLady
03-03-2002, 03:29 PM
lol.. Sounds fun, I'll have to check into that. If find out any other Easter events I'll let you know. Thanks Jeff

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
03-23-2002, 06:37 PM
Bump

imported_PolyGirl40
03-23-2002, 09:31 PM
This is the information I found:

Disney's All-Star Resorts

Beginning March 28th - Create your own Easter baskets ($5.00 fee for basket/wrap/bow/grass) bring in your items or buy from resort.

Easter Arts and Crafts in the lobbies on Saturday, March 30, 2002
All Star Movies Movies 10:00am (approximately 1 hour)
All Star Music 11:30am (approximately 1 hour)
All Star Sports 1:30pm (approximately 1 hour)

Sunday, March 31st in all three All-Star merchandise shops - Coloring Sheets and Crayons 9:00am - all day - Easter Egg Hunt in the Merchandise shops

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

March 25 - 31 in the Zawadi Marketplace - Create your own Easter baskets - purchase the merchandise you wish from the store. Disney will then shrink-wrap the basket, and it is delivered on Easter morning to your room by the "Easter Bunny."

Disney's BoardWalk Resort

March 24 - 31 - Screen Door General Store Create your own Easter baskets For a single price, your Easter goodies or Disney merchandise can be wrapped in the basket of your choice.

Easter Celebration on the Village Green on March 31 from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. Candy/Egg Hunt, Cookie Decorating, Characters, Games and Activities.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

March 31 - 9:00am - Easter Egg Hunt/Scramble with Disney Characters - across from the Village of Aruba

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

March 31 at 9am - Candy Scramble on the grassy area between Casitas 5 and Ranchos - Age groups of 0-12 years of age, Characters will be there for photos

Disney's Contemporary Resort

March 31 - 8:30am - Easter Egg Hunt with Disney Character appearances between the North Building and the tennis courts

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Easter-themed crafts in the Grand Floridian Cafe Rotunda for the children

Friday, March 29 - Photo opportunity at the large Egg & Throne in the courtyard area in the afternoon

Sunday, March 31 - 9:00am- 9:15am - Easter Candy Hunt will be held in the courtyard area -- Characters will be available for pictures on Easter during the celebration -- There will also be a character at the Egg & Throne for Photo's every 1/2 hour on the hour starting at noon until 3:00pm

Disney's Old Key West Resort

Sunrise Resort-wide Easter Egg Hunt starting at Hank's Rent 'n Return; Ages 5 - 15 -- 1000 eggs hidden across property

9:00am Tiny-tot Easter Egg Hunt Ages 4 and under -- Prizes and candy scattered across 1/2 of tennis court

10:00am -Character Appearance - White Rabbit - Papa's Den for all ages

Disney's Polynesian Resort

March 24 - March 31 - regularly scheduled pool activities and games with an Easter theme

March 31 - 8:30 Easter Egg Hunt; 9:45am - 11:00am - Characters will be in the lobby - Photo display will also be set up at the top of Sunset
Point after the Easter Egg Hunt.

Disney's Port Orleans Resort

Candy Hunt in the Riverside area

Disney's Wilderness Lodge and The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Sunday, March 31, 2002 -- 8:30am - 10:00am - Easter activities at the Main Pool; 8:30am - 12:30pm - Characters (locations will be announced) -- 9:00am - Easter Egg Hunt

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts

Easter Egg Hunt on the Yacht and Beach Lawn and Pool area
Sandcastle Club will be having some children's Easter-themed contests

Epcot

Tea Party at the United Kingdom on the World Showcase on Saturday, March 30, and Sunday, March 31

Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday, March 31 at the American Adventure

All events and times are subject to change.

graemlins/mickey.gif

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
03-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Do you think they'd mind non-hotel guests participating in the activities at the hotels?

imported_PolyGirl40
03-25-2002, 04:13 PM
Jeff _ I would assume the resort activities are for resort guests. I'd call ahead.

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
04-07-2002, 12:07 AM
We had a wonderful time with just one hitch.
After making reservations (this year with no problem), for the 1:30 tea party with Alice, the rabbit and the Mad Hatter, we went to the American Pavilion for the Easter Egg hunt. I got in a line after finding out that they wouldn't be taking names until 30 minutes before the 1st hunt. 3 people short they stopped taking names (the 1st hunt was filled) and they expected us to stay in line for another 45 minutes to sign up for the next hunt. The trouble was that, we were already signed up for the tea party that would conflict with the next hunt. So I raised a little hell by complaining about this new policy (not first come first served like last year), and after some trouble finally got a call through to the UK to change our Tea Party reservation to 2:30pm so I could continue to wait in (the stupid) line for the Easter Egg Hunt. The hunt went fine (no special prizes or grand prize this year and only 5 eggs, not 7 like last year), and the Tea Party was great.

They're goofball logic was to be fair to all (gee, I thought that 1st come 1st serve was fair???). If they really wanted to be fair, then (especially considering the ultra cheap forgetful prizes this gave away this year) they should have had 3x more hunts (if they really wanted to serve everyone). They could have easily ran a hunt every 20 minutes instead of 1 an hour.

TheInventor'sDaughter
04-07-2002, 02:28 PM
After reading the earlier posts, my gut feeling was that the egg hunt was a disaster in the making. I'm sorry to find out that my instinct was correct.

We all expect so much from Disney -- and usually have our expectations more than met -- that it is terribly disappointing to have something that COULD have been so special become so unorganized ... again.

In my experience on the "other" side of Disney (working with their event organizers), they usually OVERPLAN everything -- talk about uptight and detail-oriented. It's awful that whoever planned the Easter egg hunts couldn't figure out a better way to communicate to the crowd and to run more frequent hunts so everyone could participate without the long waits.

Well, at least you were able to reorganize your tea party schedule to adhere to their new guidelines! Thanks for giving us the feedback!

smile.gif - Vaneta

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
04-08-2002, 07:28 PM
I inadvertantly created quite a stir within management. We ended up with a comp photo with Mr. and Mrs. Bunny and a free dinner in Germany!!!

TheInventor'sDaughter
04-08-2002, 07:43 PM
GREAT!! Maybe your complaints were listened to and some changes will be made!! And it's always good to hear about that awesome Disney customer service coming through to try to right a wrong!

smile.gif - Vaneta