PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Twist The Cap - TTC
10-24-2001, 06:59 PM
I'm wondering if you can take your own fishing equipment and rent a pontoon at the Contemporary. I found information about fishing excursions but WOW! $$$
Peace,

------------------
Janet

Bouncy
10-24-2001, 07:12 PM
Good question....

I know that there are many places you can fish on the shore at many of the resorts, but as for taking the boats and fishing from them, I'm not really sure.

I'd call 407-WDW-PLAY and ask them. I think it's option 4 on the menu (for the fishing information).

And if you're like me, you'll also call your resort directly, and see what THEY say. Unfortunately, whenever I call a big business I generally tend to get more than one answer. If I call a few times, and talk to different people, and they tell me the same thing, then I feel more confident...

And just for the record, if you CAN'T take the boat out yourself, I DO recommend the fishing excursions. Yes, they are are little pricey, but honestly, they are the highlight of our trips. The guides are WONDERFUL, and we have blast. On our last trip there were four of us fishing and we caught 55 fish in 3 hours. It was tons of fun and very exciting. We've done about 8 fishing excursions since we've been going to WDW, and we've found each an every one to be well worth the money.

Good luck, hope this helps, and have a great vacation! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

EvaBryan
10-24-2001, 10:15 PM
Just remember:

All fishing at WDW is catch and release. No fish for dinner, even if you get a lucky catch (unless you have a PS at Fulton's!)

Eva

43 days 9 hours!!!!!!!!

------------------

Bouncy
10-26-2001, 04:43 PM
Again, you may want to check on the catch-and-release.... my understanding is that 99% of the time you must release the fish, but I believe there IS, or WAS a place at Ft. Wilderness where you could catch and keep, as long as you were staying AT Ft. Wilderness AND had a kitchen to cook the fish in...

Not a big deal for us, because we'd rather release, but for those who are interested, it might be worth checking into.....

------------------
Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

TheInventor'sDaughter
10-26-2001, 05:12 PM
I called about this a couple months ago. I was told that there is not fishing allowed anywhere at Walt Disney World except:

1) On guided WDW fishing excursions ( for a cost).
2) At Fort Wilderness (free of charge - fishing poles available for a small charge).

I am planning to take the kids to FW.

I agree with other posters -- you should probably call to double-check.

Oh, also ... there is no fishing license required on Disney property. One of the benefits, I guess, of controlling the City Council of Lake Buena Vista, eh?

------------------
1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV & OKW; March 2002, AS Music

We go on...to the joy and through the tears
We go on...to discover new frontiers
Moving on...with the courage of the years
We go on...moving forward now as one
We go on...with a spirit born to run
Moving on...with each rising sun to a new day...