PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Cruise for kids?

Buzz Fanatic
02-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Have any of your kids gone on the Pirate Cruise that departs from the Grand Floridian? It sounds like it would be right up my son's alley, but I would like to know if anyone here has kids that have done this, and what their experience was, good or bad.
Thank you graemlins/notworthy.gif

Beast_fanatic
02-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Well, I don't have any kids, so I don't have any personal experiences to relate, but I did a quick search on 'pirate cruise' in the Trip Report forum and found this post (http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=001243&p=) which sounded very positive.

I didn't have time to sort through the 73 results I found, but you might want to do another search and see if you find any more posts that deal with this activity (at least some of the posts were about Pirates of the Carribbean).

Hope this helps a bit! :D

imaprincess!
02-25-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing you mean Pirates of the Carribbean? (I didn't realize it leaves from the Grand Floridian). It depends how old your son is. My son just turned 6 in January and he got on it when we went in September. He definitely thought it was cool but he was a little scared. In fact, he just asked me last week if the pirates "were real or not."

MaggieMouse
02-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Princess,

There's actually a Pirate's cruise for kids. I was wondering about this for my son also. He's 8 and I'm thinking this would be fun for him. My dd and I could just go shopping while we're waiting for him to return.

imaprincess!
02-27-2002, 12:14 AM
Oh, gosh ... you mean there's something I missed?!!! Where exactly is this attraction? Now I'm really curious!

Spindrift
02-27-2002, 09:23 AM
Make sure you get reservations in early as it does book up quickly.

ganj
02-27-2002, 09:43 AM
My kids loved this. They were just on it in January. They leave from the GF Marina, they wear life vests for the whole trip and the CM's on board are all lifeguards.

They stop through out the Seven seas lagoon looking for the treasure map and then the treasure, they are given pb&j, snack and drinks and they all come back with a bag of 'treasure'.
They had a blast and want to go again.

If you go to Disney's website, click on grand floridian and then kids activities, it will give you all the info on it.

jans2kids
02-27-2002, 01:11 PM
Our boys 6/4 went on it 2 years ago. They had a very good time. There were about 4 adult supervisors on the boat and I think they only take a maximum of 10-12 kids. Then they were only running it 2 days a week. We sent a disposable camera with them and they took a few nice pictures since it's for kids only. They stop on various beaches looking for treasure, listen to a story, eat a snack and when they puuled back into the dock they were all singing a Pirates Life for Me.

The Grand Floridian also offers a Chefs program for kids. They did this last year, and its probably 10-12 kids. They decorate their own chefs hat and apron and read stories and then go into the kitchen and help make a snack or desert. When they are done all the kids come out dressed in their hats and aprons pushing a pick snack cart. They pass the snacks out to the parents and then continue around the lobby of the Grand Floridain giving snacks to anyone who would like to try one.

Both programs run 1 1/2 to 2 hours and I believe they both cost around $20.

Enjoy

pamnchad
04-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Can you do this even if you aren't staying at the Grand Floridian?

Beast_fanatic
04-04-2002, 10:48 PM
You absolutely can!