PDA

View Full Version : Value vs. Moderate

ugagrad98
09-10-2003, 02:06 PM
I know there are probably many similar posts, but I can't decide what to do! I've never stayed on-site, and my wife has never been to WDW, and we can't decide if the price difference to stay at a moderate is worth it. We have no kids, are in our 20's, and would like a nice vacation to WDW. I like the moderate themes much better than value, particularly POR and POFQ (which I wish would reopen before our June trip). My question: Do you believe the difference in price for the moderate is worth it?

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

locodemickey
09-10-2003, 02:14 PM
It depends if you want your resort only for sleeping and a shower or if you like to spend more time there. I would say go for the moderate if you want to hang out at the resort at all. Some of the resorts are so good that you could spend days only there and not even go into the parks.

Lindsey
09-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Since you have no kids I highly recommend that you stay at a moderate, I really think it's worth the extra money. My husband and I are in our 20's as well with no kids and the value resorts are just not for us. Those resorts were designed for families with children, so you will see little ones running around everywhere! I love kids but I also love sleep and it was hard to get a good rest there because of all the noise! The moderates are more relaxing, I get great sleep there! graemlins/sleepin.gif Anyways....that's just my opinion. You'll have fun no matter where you stay. graemlins/mickey.gif

ugagrad98
09-10-2003, 03:07 PM
That is kind of my thinking as well, Lindsey. My wife and I are both educators, so we love children, but would like something with a few less while on vacation. :D

Munch
09-10-2003, 04:32 PM
If your sole aim in going to WDW is to spend all your time in the parks, save the $$ and go with a value. There's nothing really wrong with them - just fewer amenities and smaller rooms.

But if you see yourselves wanting to enjoy some downtime as well and like the idea of lazing around a well landscaped resort, go with the moderate. You get a more relaxed atmosphere, a nice restaurant and lounge and a bit more space in the room.

Either way you go you'll have a great time. And if you don't want to spend the extra $$ you can still visit the other resorts and soak up some of the atmosphere.

Flower
09-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Lindsey:
Since you have no kids I highly recommend that you stay at a moderate, I really think it's worth the extra money. My husband and I are in our 20's as well with no kids and the value resorts are just not for us. Those resorts were designed for families with children, so you will see little ones running around everywhere! I love kids but I also love sleep and it was hard to get a good rest there because of all the noise! The moderates are more relaxing, I get great sleep there! graemlins/sleepin.gif Anyways....that's just my opinion. You'll have fun no matter where you stay. graemlins/mickey.gif Ditto!

DH and I have no children and are 30. We have been gong to WDW together since 1995 and much prefer the mod's over the value.

CS has a great romantic couples atmosphere and we love POR Bayou too.

dutchess18
09-10-2003, 05:10 PM
The reason I do not choose to stay at value is location. They are located way off to the side of the property. (Kind of below AK) Not really near anything else.

For me I would rather say at a Downtown Disney Hotel as far as the better location.

spiceypj
09-10-2003, 05:13 PM
the value have a food court

the moderates have a food court, restuarant and a lounge.

the moderates have a whirlpool with their main pool, the main pool has a slide, there are several quiet pools - values only have a main pool and generally one other.

I send you an email - where disney does a compare

mickclub1955
09-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by spiceypj:
the value have a food court

the moderates have a food court, restuarant and a lounge.

the moderates have a whirlpool with their main pool, the main pool has a slide, there are several quiet pools - values only have a main pool and generally one other.

I send you an email - where disney does a compare Just remember is the POFQ does reopen before you go, they have closed the restaurant here and consider the POR and POFQ one resort so the restaurant is at POR. I too love the POFQ and was sad to see its restaurant close. If you want to go all out and not stay at a deluxe, I would stay at the Moderates (Preferably POR or POFQ if opened). Otherwise as previous posters have suggested, if you are just going for the parks and need a place to sleep the All Stars are great. I just got back from All Star Music and there were less kids there than I saw at the other two. We had no problems with noisy kids but we heard flushing all night long. The location wasn't that bad and the bus service was fantastic. The rides to the parks really weren't that long. There is only one stop per resort not multiple like at the mods which could eat in to your time also. I do know tht wherever you decide to stay you will be hooked with staying on the property. (There is just something appealing about not having to drive and fight traffic after a long day in the parks.)

[ September 10, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: mickclub1955 ]

Contemporary Woman
09-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Personally, I dislike the Moderate resorts. I find them to be inconveniently located to anything I want to be near, and so to me it's either go with the Value or upgrade all the way to Deluxe. I personally found the moderates to be mediocre at best. JMHO!

Dracula766
09-10-2003, 08:05 PM
It seems to tme that the moderates are alot quieter.
Also, if you want to take a really relaxing walk, the trail along the river @ POR & POFQ is really nice & scenic.

ugagrad98
09-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm leaning toward moderate...wish I could go with Deluxe, but can't spend that much. We can't wait to get the full Disney experience of staying in the resort!

kelley635815
09-11-2003, 06:58 AM
I also agree with the moderate. POR is our favorite. More families stay in the Bayou section because of the extra space, so you might want to look into the mansions. My DD and I have gone several times and stayed in both depending on the funds. She is in her 20s, Me 40s. If you go with the value, I would suggest to ask for a section that is away from all of the kids so that you have some quiet time. We stayed in the Broadway section at ASMu and that was super. They also put us in the the Jazz section away from the pool and that was really nice too.

TiggerRPh
09-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Another thing to consider is square footage. The value resort rooms are about 260 sq. ft. whereas the moderates are about 340 sq. ft.

graemlins/mickey.gif