PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West:A review

MousePassion
10-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Time Frame: Monday,October 6th-10th 2003
Hi everyone smile.gif
This is a fabulous resort~! From the very 1st"Welcome Home"greeting from the guard at the gate,I knew we'd enjoy staying here smile.gif Driving up the small hill to the Hospiltality House was a feast for the eyes;the various greens of the lush landscaping,the soft pastels of the buildings,Jimmy Buffet music playing softly in the background,the waterways with spouting fountains,the golf greens in the distance..It was beautiful smile.gif Our room was in building #15,a
groundfloor corner studio with a enclosed
balcony/patio that over looked the water with a
fountain directly behind and the golf course to
the far right,the view was beautiful.The studio
had two very comfortable queen sized beds covered
by colorful pastel quilts with a ceiling fan
overhead,an armoire with TV and four drawers done in
an antique white.Double doors lead from the
bedroom to the small enclosed patio/balcony with
privacy landscaping.The small alcove between the bedroom and bathroom has a roomy closet on the right and a kitchen area to the left complete with a small sink,half-sized refigerator,small micowave,full-sized coffemaker,cupboards with dishes,glasses,utensils,coffe packs,napkins,etc.The bathroom is very roomy with a full length vanity and mirror,hairdryer and
large tub w/ shower and a marble floor,all done
in peach,pink and green pastels
smile.gif Throughout our stay,we found it to be quiet,peaceful and serene and would stay here again,quite happily.The grounds are exquisite with palms and flowers everywhere,the paths are numerous and easy to navigate.The marina is lovely and the main pool was centerally located for easy access,as was the Good's Store and the Gurgling Suitcase.There are games,bikes and boats available for rental and the CM's here are knowledgable,courteous and friendly.We truly loved this resort and it now runs a close second,right behind POFQ,as a favored resort of ours. :D

[ October 11, 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: MousePassion ]

tinkerbella27
10-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the beautiful description! I am staying there with my mom in January - can't wait!!

Disneydol
10-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Thank you for such a detailed description of Old Key West!! Our family is making our first trip there next month, and your review made us even more excited!

darthmacho
10-11-2003, 10:51 AM
It was nice to read such a vivid description of the place. Most likely I will not stay at a home way from home resort, so it's not on the top of my list for places to stay. It does sound like a resort that I would love to visit though!

(Check your personal messages about Olivia's Cafe)

AC
10-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the wonderful report on OKW. We'll be staying there in 13 days for the first time, and I can't wait graemlins/clappy.gif

Horizon93
10-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the review! It sounds great.

mickeyd
10-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the review. It sounds like a great resort. I'll have to save up my pennies and splash out on a stay there one day!

Roland
10-12-2003, 06:52 PM
I never wondered about staying there until now!!! You make is sound like a heavenly retreat.

Thanks for that great writeup and I am glad you and yours enjoyed your stay. I know what it's like staying somewhere different for the first time.

If you know, are they all studios or are there seperate individual rooms available like POFQ?

AC
10-12-2003, 07:27 PM
OKW has Studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom villas.

We'll be in a 2-bedroom in a couple of weeks and we'll post a report later. The 2-bedroom villas are supposed to be a combo of a studio and 1-bedroom.

beth
10-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Thanks for reporting back on this resort. You don't get to hear much about it!

hubbyofadisneyholic
10-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Since we are in the process of buying into OKW thru the DVC, it was good to read such a glowing report from someone that doesn't have any reason to make it sound better than it really is.
Thanks for the report!!

MousePassion
10-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Roland:

If you know, are they all studios or are there seperate individual rooms available like POFQ? Hi Roland smile.gif
I'm not quite sure about OKW having just rooms,but I do know that the studios have a connecting door to a two bedroom suite and when added,it becomes a three bedroom villa smile.gif Many think this resort is cost prohibitive,but if you browse the DVC boards and "rent"points from DVC members who can't use them,one can stay at OKW for less than a value resort~! Hope this helps :D

Roland
10-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Thank you MousePassion, you just make the place sound so magnificent!!!

Yes, I will look into the DVC points for next year.