PDA

View Full Version : AKL's BOMA wonderful dinner!

abillion
11-15-2001, 08:25 AM
We had the great BOMA dinner buffets this past sunday. The restaurant is titled BOMA-FLAVORS OF AFRICA and as we were staying at AKL, we managed to find time for a sitdown meal, and one that would introduce us to African cuisine. Nearly every flavor we tasted was inviting! Our favorites were the variety of spiced hummus and breads, the shaved watermelon with ginger salad, marvelous pumpkin soup, the nut encrusted salmon as well as the flank steak with that luscious barbeque sauce we had been smelling at the hotel for days since BOMA is open air to the lounge and lobby above, and the desserts, all of them. Yes that heavenly mocha zebra dome was wonderful!
This was the most welcome and satisfying meal of our stay. We HIGHLY recommend BOMA! On a side note, we had been eating "convenience" foods at the parks all week and couldn't wait to get away from french fry overkill. While dining at BOMA, within one minute from different parts of the restaurant, 2 separate plates loaded with the kid-friendly-american-fare (spaghetti, chicken fingers, etc...)they offer at BOMA for the tots or the less adventurous,went crashing to the floor! We joked, since we were thrilled with our plates full of African delicasies, that the plates themselves must be rebelling against being loaded with dull spaghetti at this rich buffet!
Unfortunately, the day we tried BOMA for it's breakfast, we were just too late to be seated. Hopefully next time, as well as a return to the dinner buffets! graemlins/tasty.gif

mickeyd
11-15-2001, 08:35 AM
Did you need PS to eat at BOMA or are there plenty of walk-ins this time of year?

I have PS for 27th November (our first dining night), but after all the good things people have said about BOMA, we might have to eat there more than once! I can't wait.

abillion
11-15-2001, 11:02 AM
We made PS about 5 hours prior on the same day which was a sunday. We were a party of 2. Hope this helps you mickeyd...

mickeyd
11-15-2001, 05:34 PM
Thanks abillion, I can't wait to try it!

smile.gif

Pixie Dust
11-15-2001, 11:05 PM
My mouth is watering!! Yum Yum, we have PS for the first evening that we arrive. I have heard wonderful reviews! Thanks for sharing yours!!

I can't wait!!

AbbyabbyAbby
11-16-2001, 10:19 AM
I can NOT wait to try BOMA!! I've heard so many good things about it! graemlins/tasty.gif We have a PS for it on our December trip!!

30 days and counting! graemlins/muscles.gif

Diamond Dave Flash
12-01-2001, 04:12 AM
I cannot recommend this enough, I was lucky enough to stay at the AKL for 8 days in July, My girlfriend and I ate at the Boma and both loved it. I always attempt to eat different foods, as eating is kinda a hobby for me and Boma didn't disappoint. The service was attentive and the chefs were more than willing to spend time chatting to you about various dishes. As I had been to Africa earlier in the year I had a great deal to discuss! It did live up to the standards I had experienced in Africa, which were of the highest standards I have seen anywhere, ever. I know this is a bold statement but it true.

ElenitaB
12-01-2001, 07:12 PM
We also ate at Boma. I am very adventurous and found a lot of great food. Even my 6-yr old enjoyed eating there. It is definitely someplace we will want to go back to!

disguy
12-05-2001, 05:37 PM
We ate here on the 16th of November. I was a little nervous about the selections but took the servers advice to try a little of everything and find what you like. It was more like try to find something you don't like. Everything was yummy! We were there with a large party and everyone soon found their favories. They had a stew that was very very good. Also, if you have small children with you who are picky - they have a full children's buffet of typical entrees for them. One of the best things was that the desserts were small so you could gather up a selection of different things without wasting alot.

graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jared
12-05-2001, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the review abillion! I am right now in the process of deciding on where to eat for my next trip, so Boma will have to go on the "look into" list. :D

Imagineer's Mom
12-09-2001, 10:30 PM
Boma was a wonderful place - and if there are any other vegetarians out there. I got probably 5 plates of food - almost all different things - I have never been in such heaven!

tad_tad
12-10-2001, 03:56 PM
You are all making me want to eat there tonight! Unfortunately I won't be back in FL until March...

How much does the dinner buffet cost? I'm starting to figure out where I want to do some of my dining down there and I just need an idea of what it'll run me.

graemlins/tasty.gif

Narcoossee'sFan
12-10-2001, 04:05 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tad_tad:
How much does the dinner buffet cost? I'm starting to figure out where I want to do some of my dining down there and I just need an idea of what it'll run me.

graemlins/tasty.gif <hr></blockquote>

The Boma Dinner Buffet is $21.99 for adults and $8.99 for children ages 3-10. I hope you enjoy it! smile.gif

tad_tad
12-10-2001, 04:08 PM
Thanks! $22 is not a bad price for a dinner at WDW. If the food is half as good as people are making it out to be, it'll be more than worth it!

Huzzah
12-12-2001, 09:48 AM
BOMA is great....a must!!
All I have to say is....try the Zebra Dome's!!! graemlins/tasty.gif

Jennib
12-12-2001, 04:52 PM
I will have to try this next time!!!

Disneycrazed
12-13-2001, 10:32 PM
My family and I ate there last month.

I can't recommend Boma enough. I will always make sure I have at least one if not two PS every time I go to WDW. It's that good!

My recommendation is to GO and GO HUNGRY! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

TheSorcererofFantasia
12-14-2001, 06:15 PM
Boma is a MUST DO for everyone! Dined there last week for dinner and breakfast. Both were very good. Breakfast is pretty much the standard fare with a few Africa extras. Dinner is absolutely fantastic!!!!

I did manage to get the recipes for Pumkin Cheese Soup, Fu Fu, the rub on the Prime Rib and The Zebra Dome!!!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

If you'd like any or all of them give me a shout. :D

Jeff Handshaw 100+visits
12-15-2001, 12:36 AM
We ate there Saturday night and had a great time. Tasha wants to go back. It's the main thing on her mind. We got there at about 9pm and were told a 45 minute wait, which was fine with me. We took our beeper and 'explored', Tasha loved this. Then we sat down and watched a little TV in the lobby until the beeper went off. The food was great and Tasha loved her spagetti. I tried 3 of the 4 soups and tasted all of the hot foods and sampled most of the deserts.

rozilla
12-18-2001, 04:37 PM
I was just going to post and ask if they have vegetarian selections, when I came across a post stating that they did, read my mind!

We love the food at Tusker House in AK, Boma looks like it will be a real treat.