PDA

View Full Version : Trundle bed Question

minnie-ears
09-22-2001, 10:42 PM
We are staying at PO-Riverside in October. I have two boys, ages 12 and 7. The 7 year old hates sleeping with his brother because he kicks. My question is do all Aligator Bayou buildings have trundle beds or only a select few? We booked thru SOG and they said we were getting a room that would sleep 4 so I'm not sure if we will have a trundle or not.

------------------
Sandra
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>DL 6/1982
<LI>DW 5/1999 All-Star Sports
<LI>DW 10/2001 MNSSHP - Port Orleans Riverside
[/list]

WDW crazy
09-23-2001, 04:12 AM
When we stayed at PO-Riverside last Sept. We only needed a room for 4. There was a trundle bed in the room, actually just a small bed that pulls out from under the other bed. I don't know if all the bayous have them but I know that the mansions don't. We didn't need to use it but it was there and it doesn't lock or anything like that.

------------------
WDW Trips
12/1996: All Star Sports
5/1998: Wilderness Lodge
5/1999: Dixie Landings
2/2000: Dixie Landings
9/2000: Dixie Landings
10/2001: Animal Kingdom Lodge/ Caribe Royale
2/2002: PO-Riverside
Disneyland: Too many times to count!

disneygirlnowmom
09-23-2001, 07:55 AM
All the rooms at Riverside do not have trundle beds. I stayed in the Bayou section on the second floor and I did not have a trundle bed. If you really need one you might check with SOG to see if they can request a room that sleeps five for you.

------------------

minnie-ears
09-23-2001, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the info! We can work around it if we need to. Our vacation last year he got up in the middle of the night, folded the bedspread up and got his blanket and slept in the floor, saying he'd never sleep with his brother again! Maybe I'll just pack the sleeping bag this time to be on the safe side!

We finally purchased Halloween costumes for MNSSHP yesterday.

Only 23 more days to go!

------------------
Sandra
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>DL 6/1982
[/list]

AbbyabbyAbby
09-23-2001, 01:03 PM
We stayed at the Aligator Bayou and our room had a trundle....I'm sure if you ask when you're checking in they'll accommodate you.

------------------

WDW crazy
09-24-2001, 03:36 AM
My Birnbaum's book says there are 963 Bayou rooms that have trundle beds. If you ask for one though, it will cost you $15 a night.

------------------
WDW Trips
12/1996: All Star Sports
5/1998: Wilderness Lodge
5/1999: Dixie Landings
2/2000: Dixie Landings
9/2000: Dixie Landings
10/2001: Animal Kingdom Lodge/ Caribe Royale
2/2002: PO-Riverside
Disneyland: Too many times to count!

Michael Darling
09-29-2001, 02:12 AM
You don't get charged for having one in the room, but if the housekeeping staff sees that one has been used, then the 15 dollar or so fee will apply. Just know that they're supposedly for kids 8 (i think 8) and under. They're quite small. About 2.5 feet wide and about 5 feet tall. They're still pretty spiffy!

------------------
--"Michael Darling"
I'm single and need a date for Friday or Saturday night. Any lovely ladies want to see a movie? :)

Proud(?) Member of Wizzy's Insomniac Club!
Frustrated member of Disney Teen's singles club!

If I dance well, can I still dance?

I like to change my signature randomly.

Ya know, even when you THINK you have somebody to fill the invitation above there are always obsticles in the way of that movie!.

JoDisney
09-29-2001, 12:14 PM
Michael are you sure about your statement about if household sees you used the trundle bed you will be charged. I took my sons to POR and we were in the Bayou. We were a party of 4 and we had a trundle bed in our room. My one son was tired of his brother taking up all the room and slept on the trundle. We were not charged. Now, when we are a party of 5 and my spouse comes along, we request the Bayou with the trundle when we place our reservation and pay the $15 per night. But in the above case we were just given a room with a trundle and had the party of 4.

------------------

mickeynuts
09-29-2001, 12:39 PM
We are planning to find a store that still has pool supplies and get some of those inflatable pool floats for this trip. They take less space to pack than a sleeping bag and are comfier to sleep on than a folded up bedspread. We'll be in a room with 2 doubles, and we figured we would all sleep better if we made beds for the kids on the floor. We are used to a king, so we'd knock each other off of a double, and the kids are so wiggly I don't think either of us could sleep with any of them! Maybe that could be a back up plan for you if you can't get a room with a trundle.
http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif Laura

------------------
Disneyland 68, 72, 77, 86, 96, 01
Walt Disney World 92, 94, 97, 98, next week and hopefully spring 2002!
No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do! TTFN!

Michael Darling
09-29-2001, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoDisney:
Michael are you sure about your statement about if household sees you used the trundle bed you will be charged. I took my sons to POR and we were in the Bayou. We were a party of 4 and we had a trundle bed in our room. My one son was tired of his brother taking up all the room and slept on the trundle. We were not charged. Now, when we are a party of 5 and my spouse comes along, we request the Bayou with the trundle when we place our reservation and pay the $15 per night. But in the above case we were just given a room with a trundle and had the party of 4.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I was at POR this June that was the case with 4 people in a room. It may be different for 5 people in the room.

------------------
--"Michael Darling"
I'm single and need a date for Friday or Saturday night. Any lovely ladies want to see a movie? :)

Proud(?) Member of Wizzy's Insomniac Club!
Frustrated member of Disney Teen's singles club!

If I dance well, can I still dance?

I like to change my signature randomly.

Ya know, even when you THINK you have somebody to fill the invitation above there are always obsticles in the way of that movie!.

JoDisney
09-30-2001, 06:28 PM
Party of 4 should not be charged for a trundle bed unless in your party of 4 there are more than 2 adults. Party of 5 (2 adults and 3 children in our case) will be charged $15.00 per night at time of reservation.

Mickeynuts - what about an aerobed. I see Target stores are carrying them now. As long as you are staying in line with the maximum allowable persons in the resort. I see nothing wrong with using an inflatable bed to ease the mind of two upset kids.

------------------

mickeynuts
09-30-2001, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoDisney:

Mickeynuts - what about an aerobed. I see Target stores are carrying them now. As long as you are staying in line with the maximum allowable persons in the resort. I see nothing wrong with using an inflatable bed to ease the mind of two upset kids.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the pool floats because they will fold up smaller for packing, and my kids are small enough that I think it will be enough padding for them. They actually enjoy sleeping on the floor, they are young enough that it's kind of a camping out adventure thing I guess. I just wanted to come up with something to make it a little more comfy for them, trouble is, everyone has clearanced out all of their pool toys, so I might not find any!
http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif Laura

------------------
Disneyland 68, 72, 77, 86, 96, 01
Walt Disney World 92, 94, 97, 98, next week and hopefully spring 2002!
No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do! TTFN!

Little Round Bale
09-30-2001, 10:25 PM
We stay at Alligator B and have used the turndle beds. They are great. Our last stay for wonderful days and I slept on the trundle bed. I am 5-9 and weigh more than your son ....LOL.... slept great.

------------------

minnie-ears
09-30-2001, 10:30 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions and info. I hadn't thought of the pool floats. I have some of those from our pool!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif He's small for a 7 year old so that would work for him. He also see's sleeping in the floor neat, he actually loves to sleep downstairs on the living room floor on weekends for a treat!!

I don't see anything wrong with making the sleeping arrangements to keep the kids happy as long as your paying for the number of occupants. We paid for two adults and two children. I will aslo pick his bed up before we head out for the parks to make it easy on housekeeping.

We only have 15 more days to go! I was so upset because where I work was about to go on strike tomorrow and we would have to cancel. Well, they voted and passed by 5 votes today to accept the new contract so we can get excited about going once again!!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/bounce.gif

------------------
Sandra
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>DL 6/1982
[/list]