PDA

View Full Version : Emerils at CityWalk

MaryJoG
06-15-2001, 02:45 PM
Has anyone been to this restaurant. My husband is a fan of his show and since we are going to IOA anyway, we wanted to check it out. I would appreciate any reports.

------------------
MaryJo

1972 - MK visitor
1973 - MK visitor
1992 - CBR
1994 - CBR
1995 - ASM
1997 - CSR
1999/2000 - BC

goofynmd
06-15-2001, 08:01 PM
I personally wasn't there but my brother and sister-in-law went in April. They said it was very expensive and while the food was good it wasn't worth the money. They went to Wolfgang Puck's on the same vacation and said the food was similar and much more reasonable. DH and I went to Wolfgang also and we enjoyed it. Let us know how it is if you do go to Emeril's

------------------

darin2
06-15-2001, 09:27 PM
My family and I (2 adults and three kids under 7)ate there for lunch in June of 1999. We were told reservations for dinner were booked months in advance, but we were able to get lunch reservations the same day. The food was expensive, but very good. The service was excellent, and they were very attentive to the small children. I believe our bill ran $80-$100 for lunch. It's not something we would do every day, but my wife enjoys his show and wanted to try it. It's possible they may have changed in the past two years. Hope this helps.

Darin

------------------

MaryJoG
06-18-2001, 11:51 AM
Thanks
We have reservations for July 30 and we are going. I will write a report when I return. BAM

------------------
MaryJo

1972 - MK visitor
1973 - MK visitor
1992 - CBR
1994 - CBR
1995 - ASM
1997 - CSR
1999/2000 - BC

DisneyTeen
06-18-2001, 09:54 PM
I would give anything to go there. Myself, I am a cook and being a cook, I find myself yelling "BAM" and "Lets Kick it up" more than I should. But I also watch the TV show, at both 8 and 10. and I would give anything to go to dinner there. But I have heard that it is some good money, but with alot of money comes good food. I hope that you have a great time and give a "BAM" for me!!!

------------------
1990-Fort Wilderness Campground
1990-Off Site
1994-Fort Wilderness Campground
1994-Fort Wilderness Campground
1996-Fort Wilderness Campground
1996-All Star Sports
1998-Fort Wilderness Campground
1999-Fort Wilderness Campground
1999-Fort Wilderness Campground
2000-Fort Wilderness Campground
2000-Off Site
2001-Off Site
6/21/2001-Wilderness Lodge Resort

Duckasaurus2001
06-18-2001, 11:45 PM
Totally apart from being owned by a famous tv chef, it's a darn fine restaurant. The food was terrific, from salad to dessert. The duck entree that I had was one of the best things I've ever eaten.
So, enjoy, buy some good wine, and just enjoy.
Duck

------------------

Duchess99
06-22-2001, 09:11 PM
The restaurant is expensive, but well worth it!!!!!!!
The food is great...my family and I still talk about it. Make sure you try the barbecue shrimp http://www.intercot.com/boards/tasty.gif My mouth is watering just thinking about them. You can also get the recipie off the internet, but of course it doesn't turn out as good.

I'm soooo jealous!!!!!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif

------------------
Sarah
"A dream can be a dream come true..."

May 26...Disneyland Paris

Jinnyboom
06-24-2001, 04:53 PM
Anyone know if there is a menu out there for Emeril's???

------------------

DisneyWizard
06-24-2001, 06:53 PM
If you give me two or three days I can get a menu!

I thought it was comparable to Wolfgang Puck's, although it was much much better. I only had lunch there, but it was very good!

------------------
"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

In the works:
X Cedar Point OH 2001 (did it!)
-Worlds of Adventure 2001
-Islands of Adventure 2001
-Walt Disney World 2001
-DisneyLand 2002

Click here to vote for Intercot as the #1 Disney Site! (http://pub25.bravenet.com/vote/vote.asp?usernum=2106291801)

DisneyWizard
06-24-2001, 07:08 PM
So as it turns out I didn't need two or three days! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

APPETIZERS

New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp Served with a petite rosemary biscuit $10.00

Smashed Organic New Potato With confit of wild and exotic mushrooms, essence of white truffle oil, truffle emulsion and shaved parmesan cheese $9.00

Creole Marinated Calamari Fried and served with a smoked tomato sauce, a New Orleans style olive salad and parmigiano reggiano cheese $8.00

Grilled Homemade Andouille Sausage With Emeril’s own Worcestershire sauce and baked croutons $7.50

Smoked Wild & Exotic Mushrooms In a home-cured tasso cream sauce over angel hair pasta, garnished with fresh grated parmigiano reggiano cheese $9.00

Maine Lobster Cheesecake With a garden herb sage and a lobster saffron emulsion $12.00

Louisiana Oyster Stew A classic simmered with shallot's, garlic and parsley in a Creole spiced milk oyster broth and served with homemade andouille creamed potatoes and roasted garlic aioli $10.00

Lump Crabmeat & Fresh Florida Hearts Of Palm Strudel With a sweet corn remoulade sauce and braised leeks $10.00

Open-Faced Assorted Vegetable Ravioli With a sweet onion coulis and carrot emulsion $8.00

SOUPS AND SALADS

Uh...still working on those! http://www.intercot.com/boards/embarass.gif

ENTREES

Grilled Double Cut Pork Chop With caramelized sweet potatoes, tamarind glaze and a green chile mole sauce $22.00

Grilled Half Chicken Marinated with Creole spices and served with a corn andouille sausage pudding, southern cooked greens, a reduction of chicken stock and garnished with hot sauce spiced wings $21.00

Grilled Ribeye Steak With our house special roasted garlic creamed potatoes, fried onion crust and Emeril’s own Worcestershire sauce $22.00

A Study Of Duck Consisting of seared and sliced duck breast, seared Hudson valley foie gras and a leg of duck confit, served with wild mushroom bread pudding, duck reduction an a drizzle of port wine extraction $26.00

Grilled Fish Of The Day The freshest served with an open faced vegetable ravioli $18.00

Grilled Veal Chop With cheesy grits, homemade capocollo ham, crisp parsnip salad and a wild & exotic mushroom ragout $27.00

Roasted American Rack Of Lamb With a Creole mustard crust, a quenelle of rosemary creamed potatoes, burning rosemary and a rosemary lamb jus $32.00

Andouille Crusted Texas Redfish With a roasted pecan vegetable relish, Creole meuniere sauce and a pile of shoestring potatoes $22.00

Pan Seared Felit Of Beef With a parsley crust, served with a sweet potato hash, sautéed haricot vert and a black pepper red wine sauce $25.00

Portobello Mushroom Confit Pressed with fresh herbs, sliced and served with fresh angel hair pasta, balsamic fried herb nage and a tomato saffron coulis $19.00

Farm Raised Quail Stuffed with a Louisiana Oyster Dressing and served with a ragout of assorted vegetables, garnished with cornmeal fried oysters, a fire roasted sweet pepper reduction sauce and a Creole mustard hollandaise $23.00

Baked Maine Lobster Fresh from our tanks, two, three or four pound offering Sauté’ Of Gulf Shrimp With tiny roasted pearl onions, tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil over hand-cut pappardelle noodles and a black truffle red pepper butter sauce (MP)$20.00

FROM THE WOOD BURNING OVEN

Wild & Exotic Mushroom Truffle Pizza With a truffle chive potato sauce, a drizzle of white truffle oil, shaved parmigiano reggiano cheese and truffle emulsion $10.00

Homemade Capocollo Ham Pizza With fresh mozzarella cheese, chiffonade of basil and a Creole smoked tomato sauce $7.50

Sweet Barbecue Salmon Pizza With warm spinach, grilled red onions and an essence of homemade Worcestershire sauce $10.00

Southwestern Style Seafood Pizza With cilantro black bean sauce, pico de gallo, homemade guacamole and a spiced chili sour cream $7.50

DESSERTS

J.K’S Chocolate Grand Marnier Soufflé’ (Due to the preparation time, J.K.’s Soufflé’ is presented before the regular dessert menu.) $8.00

Emeril’S Banana Cream Pie With banana crust, caramel sauce and chocolate shavings $7.00

Homemade Root Beer Float With warm chocolate chip cookies $6.00

Chocolate Peanut Butter Mud Pie With peanut brittle and homemade hot fudge $7.00

Tapioca Pudding Brulee’ With oatmeal raisin cookies $6.00

Mocha Roca Cake With vanilla bean sauce and caramelized blackberry drizzles $7.50

Fresh Florida Orange Cake Served with toasted almond ice cream and strawberry compote $6.50

Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie With whipped cream and chocolate curls $6.50

Triple Chocolate Cheesecake With a fudge brownie crust and white chocolate espresso sauce $7.00

Homemade Biscotti trio With espresso ice cream $6.50

Chocolate, Walnut And Banana Praline Cake With chocolate butterscotch ice cream $7.50

Traditional New Orleans Bread Pudding With warm whiskey sauce $6.00

Angel Food Cake With key lime sorbet and
fresh berry sauce $5.50

Trio Of Homemade Ice Creams $6.50

Trio Of Homemade Sorbets $6.50

------------------
"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

In the works:
X Cedar Point OH 2001 (did it!)
-Worlds of Adventure 2001
-Islands of Adventure 2001
-Walt Disney World 2001
-DisneyLand 2002

Click here to vote for Intercot as the #1 Disney Site! (http://pub25.bravenet.com/vote/vote.asp?usernum=2106291801)

Dom154
07-01-2001, 11:53 PM
I've eaten at Emerils 3 times so far and I look forward to it each time, it is expensive but in my opinion it's well worth it. Must have the lobster cheescake,double cut porkchop,and the bread pudding it's out of this world.

------------------

Goofy Pluto
07-02-2001, 12:25 PM
The place I would recommend at City Walk is Pastamore'. My wife and I ate there last year and had some of the best Italian food we've ever had. We are planning to make a special trip over to City Walk during our trip to Disney this year just to go over there again. It was GOOD!

------------------
Garsh!

1979 - Polynesian Village
1988 - The Treehouses
1990 - The Treehouses
1997 - The Disney Institute Villas/The Yacht and Beach Club
1999 - The Disney Institute Villas
And coming in October 2001 - The Carribean Beach

Jennib
07-02-2001, 06:22 PM
duchess99
I had the BBQ shrimp in his restaurant in new Orleans and you are right yummmmmy.

TRY THE SHRIMP!!!!

------------------
jenni b

" if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."

MnDloveDisney
07-02-2001, 08:06 PM
Yummmmm...I'll have one of each of those desserts!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/biggrin.gif

------------------
Visits:
'84,'85,'86,'87,'88,'89,'90,'91,'95
Honeymoon-December 2000 at Port Orleans
2001 Trips:June 2001 - ASTD Conference (sneaking some Disney in between!)
December 2001 - All-Star Movies