PDA

View Full Version : Can Adults order off the kids menu

wdwindy
11-25-2001, 07:37 AM
Are there restrictions for ordering off the kids menu? I know there are times when somethingsmall off the kids menu would be a great meal. Hey aren't we all kids when we are there?

imported_PolyGirl40
11-25-2001, 09:07 AM
Adults are permitted to order off from the children’s menu. The only time the *age* issue is enforced is for the buffet and family style meals. -- When the pricing is based on age.

Enjoy graemlins/mickey.gif

EvaBryan
11-25-2001, 09:25 AM
My grandmother orders off the children's menu all of the time. She WILL NOT leave leftovers behind (it is wasteful graemlins/nono.gif ) and the portions are just too big for her.

We also split meals all of the time. When we travel during the warmer season there is no way I am eating a big steak or plate of pasta by myself. My family will order 3 or 4 entrees and split them among the group. The servers are usually very happy to accommodate this request. We just make sure we tip as though we ordered separate entrees for each of us. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Eva graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyDarren
11-26-2001, 11:49 AM
After working as a server at Epcot, I know that this is quite a common practice and servers don't tend to mind. I even once had a group of 4 adults order 1 childs meal and split it between them! So I wouldn't worry about it! graemlins/muscles.gif :D graemlins/muscles.gif

Jennib
11-28-2001, 03:22 PM
Wow-that is good to know. Sometimes you don't feel like ordering a big meal. I have to keep that in mind!!!

Dad of 5
11-28-2001, 03:53 PM
Neither ordering off the children's menu nor splitting meals is something we do. We just haven't.

The more I read about folks' experiences with the quantities of food in the "sit-down" meals, the more either or both of those ideas sounds worth pursuing. (Not to mention the positive cash-flow effects... ;) )

Nana
11-28-2001, 09:16 PM
When I go to counter service, I always order off the kids menu. I do this at home also. An adult meal is usually more than I want. Sometimes, if the kids want the toys, I will order 2 kids meal and then split with them. They never finish their meals. However, when I go to a sit down restaurant, I order off the adult menu. I often will order an appetizer as my main course. A full adult meal is usually too much for me. And at Disney it is difficult to take home a doggy bag. smile.gif

Dad of 5
11-29-2001, 07:06 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bradleysnana:
And at Disney it is difficult to take home a doggy bag. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

THAT'S what I was thinking!