PDA

View Full Version : intercot chat?

PI_LOVER
07-28-2002, 09:17 PM
Intercot should have a chat center on here. I would be more than happy to open and run one. I have a few of my own smile.gif I am sure many people would benefit from it.

imported_JohnY
07-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Hello:

Thanks for the suggestion though at this time, we are not interested in running a chat server related to INTERCOT. The suggestion has actually come up numerous times before.

The boards are a much better repository for information... like a big faq on line. Chats are here now and gone later. We prefer to store the informaion online for use by future guests of the site.

Each user can however, place their instant message name in their profile so that you may chat with people on the site that wasy.

imported_JohnY
07-28-2002, 10:38 PM
Also, see http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000711 where we have discussed this in the past...

Dawn
07-29-2002, 12:52 PM
I just wanted to add something.

I go to other Disney sites graemlins/blush.gif where they do have chat rooms. When chats are arranged we end up talking about everything EXCEPT Disney. I agree that if you are looking for Disney advice and info then forums such as these are the way to go. Chats are soooooo hard to keep organised. graemlins/crazy.gif

TiggerRPh
07-29-2002, 03:12 PM
Plus in order to maintain G/Family rated site it would mandate 24/7 monitoring by moderators...something that we as a staff and a site are not wanting to commit to.

Victor Kelly
07-30-2002, 04:35 PM
Forums Good, Chat bad. Every chat I have been in ends up talking about completely different topics other than what the chat is for.

Besides I like the forums better. You can go back and see what everyone has to say.

PI_LOVER
07-31-2002, 10:38 PM
well, thanks for your support.

imported_JohnY
07-31-2002, 10:55 PM
PI_LOVER... just one more thing... it's not that chat is bad. I just don't think it's a great fit for this site and INTERCOT's goals overall.

Thanks for the suggestion though!