PDA

View Full Version : Who loves the Adventurer's Club!?!

Joy L.
08-01-2002, 10:14 PM
We had the pleasure of sepnding most of an evening at the Adventurer's Club in June, and it was a blast! For anyone who enjoys a drink and humor, but not the dance scene, this is great.

The cast was talented and funny, and while they roasted many of the guests, it was all in good fun.
I'm curious whether every night follows the same format with the same group of characters, or if it differs night to night.

Kongaloosh!

brewcrew26
08-01-2002, 10:23 PM
The Adventurer's Club is a riot! I haven't been there in ages, though. The mask room is so much fun and the skits in the library are really funny. Especially those with the aviator guy. A kungaloosh-ing I will go.... graemlins/mickey.gif

ChipDale
08-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Kungaloosh! graemlins/beer.gif

I don't know if they change the skits from night to night, but I've seen some of the same skits and also some different ones from year to year.

Adventurer's Club is a must for our Pleasure Island visits.

Did you get to sing the Beer Song? :D

GrandFlo
08-01-2002, 10:48 PM
This place is a riot. I loved all the skits. For some reason, no matter where we go (especially Adventures Club and Hoop Dee Doo), they always pick on my DH. This makes it even funnier. I was sitting at the bar once and one of the players came up to me and said I should leave my DH and go exploring with him. The entire room got in on the act and it was so funny. graemlins/silly.gif

darthmacho
08-02-2002, 09:32 AM
graemlins/beer.gif Kungaloosh!

My DW and I had a great time here on our honeymoon in 98. We really enjoyed the skits, including the mask room, the sing alongs, and the ghost playing the piano. I think they run pretty much the same set of skits, I'm sure with improvs and adjustments over time, whatever works. When we went back in 99 the show was just about the same, give or take a few characters, and definately with different actors and actresses.
The first time we went, I got a great souvenier canteen with the Kongaloosh! I still have it. We got completely wasted graemlins/crazy.gif and staggered back to the Wilderness Lodge by bus. I was so worried that DW would get graemlins/sick.gif in the elevator, but she didn't graemlins/ack.gif until we got to the room. We were drinking a mixed drink and a shot each, after every skit for $26 a round for two people!
Partaaaay! graemlins/party.gif
graemlins/shakehead.gif Thank God for those outdoor hot tubs at the Wilderness Lodge! graemlins/notworthy.gif

DisneyDog
08-02-2002, 09:50 AM
We love the Adventurer's Club!!

So many people say that they "don't get it" but I think it's just because they don't hang around long enough to figure it out. We've been there about 4 or 5 times. It does seem to be the same thing each time, with just some minor improvisational changes.

A perfect evening at PI is to go to the comedy club, really get in the laughing mood, and then walk across to the Adventurer's Club for at least an hour.

Guinness
08-02-2002, 04:00 PM
I go most nights I am there. Even though most of the bits are the same, there is a little bit of change, and d the real fun in the interaction with audience anyway. Cannot get enough of this crazy place.

Goofy about DVC
08-03-2002, 08:12 PM
My wife and I always have a conflict when we go to Pleasure Island. She loves the Comedy Warehouse and I love the Adventurers Club. Fortunately we can usually do both.

kjblovesdisney
08-04-2002, 12:34 PM
My sister and I are hoping to go there this trip..Sept26-29...we have never been before. I read about it and it looked like tons of fun....

KRBRAVES
08-05-2002, 11:41 PM
We enjoyed the Adventures club and it was one of the highlights of our trip last Sept. We drank only sodas (the strongest drinks we ever drink)and we had a wonderful time. Haven't seen all the shows and want to see more of them. We saw 3 shows and ,of course, learned the song. We sang it on the way home. Sing with us if you remember:
"Marching along we're adventurers, Singing the song of adventurers. Up or down, North, South, East, or West an adventurers life is best. An Adventurers life is best. Kongaloosh" graemlins/clappy.gif

I think we sing it correctly. We shall see this Sept. smile.gif ;)

Beignet
08-08-2002, 01:03 PM
Can you believe as many times as I've been to WDW the Adventurer's Club and the Comedy House are the 2 places I've never been in... graemlins/blush.gif

When I have the chance to dance, I do it graemlins/party.gif

graemlins/crazy.gif

edit: spell

[ August 08, 2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Beignet ]

The Joker
08-09-2002, 06:09 AM
We think the Adventurers Club is hilarious! We've been there on several occasions and found out that a bit of a crowdy night is necessary for a very fun night! I even got "punished" for wearing a very, very noisy shirt with an Adventurers Club Membership... graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

tigmickey
08-09-2002, 09:14 PM
For me and my DH, the Adventurer's Club is one of the only reasons to go to PI. Trying to get on one of the dance floors among the 100's of 18 year olds has become quite a pain in the you know what :mad:
We could stay in that club for hours and not get bored graemlins/rotfl.gif We usually go to Disney with a large group of relatives, so it always seems that someone in our group gets picked on which makes it that much more fun.
On our last trip, Handsome Halloway picked me out in the library and then kept finding me in the rest of the rooms graemlins/thumbsup.gif (I wan't about to complain) graemlins/blush.gif
If you have never been and you like something different, I highly suggest that you visit the Adventurer's Club.

Bouncy
08-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Beignet:

When I have the chance to dance, I do it graemlins/party.gif

graemlins/crazy.gif

edit: spellMe too, but there's nothing like the Adventurer's Club for entertainment! Just remember, you have to stay for at least an hour (2 hours is better) so that you can really get the feel of the place.

Enjoy!

Goofy Forever
08-12-2002, 10:01 PM
I just got back from WDW and spent an entire evening at the Adventurer's Club. I just can't get enough of that place. I love it. I saw two skits in the library and several others in the mask and trophy rooms. This club is so funny.

:D :D :D :D

boatboy
08-14-2002, 01:58 PM
I love the adventure club. I alway check out the action from the balconey until its time to go into the mask room. I assume that is the begining of the action. the upper balconey is quite a museum of artifacts. once i assumed that the kungloosh was one of your typical low alcohol slushie drinks, so i had the bartender throw in another shot. whoahhh nelly, there seems to be plenty of punch the way they are!! What a blast!! graemlins/thedolls.gif

Beignet
08-14-2002, 04:07 PM
Looking forward to going next time! graemlins/crazy.gif

Dawn
08-15-2002, 07:30 AM
Kungaloosh!!

I love it, my husband is terrified to go in there in case he gets picked on. :rolleyes: I'm gonna drag my SIL in there next year - she's one of those people that once she starts laughing she can't stop and is guaranteed to become the focus of attention for some wily adventurer.

Now - how did the Beer Song go again? graemlins/beer.gif

Bouncy
08-20-2002, 06:26 PM
Dawn,

I think it's:

Marching along we're adventurers...
Singing the song of adventurers...
Up or down, north, south, east or west...
an adventurer's life is BEST!

An adventurer's life is best!
graemlins/laughing.gif

ncbyrne
09-02-2002, 07:07 AM
We gave up on the dance clubs several years ago. For us, the only two reasons to go to PI is the Comedy and Adventurer's Club. Once I was seated next to the phone at the Comedy Club. Although I knew what was coming, since I'd been there before, I acted dumb to make it funnier for the rest of the audience. As for the AC, we have never stayed long enough to see all of the acts in one visit. However, our next trip is coming up the end of this month (9/22-29) and we'll be SURE to stay at least an hour...and maybe two as recommended on these boards.

Chris Proctor
09-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Wow... I have never been. From the sounds of it, I am missing something!

AdventurerKim
09-07-2002, 09:24 AM
The Adventurers Club is the coolest club on Pleasure Island. We never miss it when we're there, and because we've been so often, we recognize the actors & actresses; they seem to move between the Comedy Warehouse and ADV Club, the only two clubs we visit. When we were there in late July, the guy playing Hathaway Brown wasn't as "dashing" as other actors and didn't seem to fit the image. I wish Amil B. would do the slug song again instead of the "Bessie the Heffer" song sometimes. I haven't seen the beer song or the tasting of beers in the library is years. My husband found nearly all of the songs in the library on CD's sung by others except the Hawaiian song the maid sings. We think it's out there somewhere.

We were picked on in late July, me especially and I just couldn't stop laughing! And I'd had one drink! I had on a Madonna shirt and Pmelia thought it was me on my shirt and claimed I had some psychological problem. Samantha talked to us for a while and for the "Bessie the Heffer" song pulled my husband on stage to do sound effects. He got a very coveted ADV Club pin which will be mine (hee! hee!), and we got the new moose cup. I missed the canteen when they had those and the little gift shop upstairs, but I won't miss any other souvenirs from ADV Club ever! *Giving the club salute* Kungaloosh! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

WDWLori
09-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Before I turned 21 everyone told me how much fun it was. After I turned 21 I made sure to go and see what everyone was talking about. I love it so much I've gone every year since.

Lucille
09-21-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by AdventurerKim:

My husband found nearly all of the songs in the library on CD's sung by others except the Hawaiian song the maid sings. We think it's out there somewhere.

I could be completely wrong (so pleeeaaassee correct me if I am) but isn't the hawaiian song from the original Enchanted Tiki Room? Someone please confirm or deny this!!!

We visited for the first time last week and LOVED it. We went multiple times and would go again in a New York second. graemlins/beer.gif smile.gif

AdventurerKim
09-22-2002, 10:12 AM
I do not think the Hawaiian song is from the original Tiki Room. I've been sitting here racking my brain trying to remember the songs from the original Tiki Room show, but I'm in doubt that the Hawaiian song in ADV Club was in the Tiki Room. I am going to look at my father's old park CD's and check to be sure.

*club salute*
Kungaloosh!

VJSteph
09-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Just got back from WDW this afternoon. We spent most of last night in the Adventurer's Club at PI, and didn't want to leave. What a hoot! graemlins/crazy.gif

Mary M
09-25-2002, 12:24 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the beer song:

graemlins/beer.gif
Do - with which I buy my beer,
Ray - the guy I buy beer from,
Me - the guy I buy beer for,
Fa - A long way to the john...
So - I think I'll have a beer,
La - de da de da de da,
Ti - No thanks, I'll have a beer,
Which will bring us back to do.

repeat ad naseum.

Kungaloosh!

Rich Mc
09-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Kungalooch!! graemlins/muscles.gif

We love the Adventurer's Club. One of the best adult Disney places at WDW graemlins/doubleeek.gif
After the show inside we like to sit outside behind the club at night. They have a few tables set up alone the walk way that runs behind the Club that looks over the Lake.