PDA

View Full Version : Thypoon lagoon questions

lilo2
08-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Ok--I've got 8 days till we leave and after reading a couple of trip reports I've got some questions.. :confused: :confused:
#1 Is there a charge for snorkeling/swimming with the sharks at Thyphoon Lagoon(I read in someone's trip report that is was $20)??
#2 When you go on the lazy river @TL do they make you get off every time you go around??
#3 Where's the best place for a locker or to sit @TL if we want to be near the kiddie stuff, the wave pool??

Thank for any help in advance!!! graemlins/notworthy.gif

Munch
08-04-2002, 05:39 PM
Can't answer 1 as I didn't try it. On #3, it seems to me the lockers were located near the entrance and not far from the kiddie section, but don't quote me. As to #2, you can ride that river until the innertube becomes permanently attached. However, the good manners my mother taught me prevailed and I eventually gave mine up so someone else could play :D

Have fun!

faline
08-04-2002, 06:09 PM
To my knowledge, swimming with the sharks is included in the price of admission to the park.

Lockers are centrally located and are located in an area where you can rent towels and enter changing rooms.

You can spend as long as you like in the lazy river.

I seem to recall that the kiddie pool area is off to the left of the wave pool as you approach the pool area.

LucyDriver
08-07-2002, 11:56 AM
There is an additional expense to do the other section of swimming with the sharks. You get a tank of compressed air, and you get to swim longer in a different section of the pool. However, you cannot dive, the floating vest won't let you go "under" water. And it is 20 bucks for the first person, 15 for the second. We chose not to do that, just let the kids do the free part as many times as they wanted.

Lesia

MMouse6937
08-07-2002, 02:32 PM
Hello. In answer to your question about snorkling with the sharks..there is no charge for that. They may offer a scuba experience and that might be a charge but just to use the snorkle equiptment it is free...but the experience lacked a lot the last time I was there, but you be the judge. And, everyone else is right, float in the lazy river until the tube becomes another body part, they don't care!! graemlins/crazy.gif

Kelly
08-08-2002, 02:05 PM
wait a minute... the park DOES close every evening and they will require you wake up and remove yourself from the lazy river ;) ... no accomidations there yet! Please allow time to remove the tube.

enjoy!

Munch
08-08-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Kelly:
wait a minute... the park DOES close every evening and they will require you wake up and remove yourself from the lazy river ;) ... no accomidations there yet! Please allow time to remove the tube.

enjoy!Don't bother us with details - we're enjoying the ride too much! graemlins/laughing.gif graemlins/laughing.gif graemlins/laughing.gif

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-08-2002, 07:34 PM
Inner tube? What inner tube? That lazy river is just as much fun without the tube...*sigh* who cares about the slides? That river alone is worth the price of admission. And the best part is you'll find huge gaps with no people, but then you come to what seems like an endless line of innertube people (and some that people just left behind).

Kaxtell
08-08-2002, 07:52 PM
OH!!! Send me down that lazy river -- Eventually you become part and parcel with the inner tub. Finding a swim suit after that is really TUFF! One thing you must remember, however, SUN SCREEN. I know it's a pain -- but a sunburn is more of a pain. Don't ruin your vacation by becoming a lobster!

186 more days until graemlins/mickey.gif !

lilo2
08-10-2002, 08:54 AM
Tahnks for all your help!!!

Maybe if I hide out in the lazy river I can sleep there??? graemlins/rotfl.gif

disney_fan_2000
08-12-2002, 05:39 PM
On my first trip to TL in 1997, I had a much better snorkeling experience than in 1999. There were more fish, rays, and sharks in 97 than in 99. I do not know why this is. If you've never been snorkeling with sharks, I think you should try it. Since it doesn't cost anything extra, and you're already there, why not go ahead. I did not even know that TL has a separate area to scuba in. I know that if you have an open water scuba certification, you can scuba in the tank at the Living Seas in Epcot. But the price for that was around $120. Hope this helps. Enjoy. graemlins/mickey.gif

Tinkerbelle
08-12-2002, 08:02 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif Welcome to Intercot, disney_fan_2000! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Munch
08-12-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by lilo2:
Tahnks for all your help!!!

Maybe if I hide out in the lazy river I can sleep there??? graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/idea.gif Well - you didn't hear it from me, okay?, but there's a sort of tunnel behind a waterfall . . . Seriously, that river is real addictive -- once you try it you're hooked. I can't wait to ride that river again! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

disney_fan_2000
08-13-2002, 06:47 PM
graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif Thanks Tinkerbelle . I've been checking out the boards for awhile, and finally decided to help out. Since I'm not planning an immediate trip to WDW, helping another disney fan is a close second. It helps me to get through those disney-blues days!

smile.gif