PDA

View Full Version : Q for Past Oct/Nov Visitors to Water Parks

Kelly
06-20-2002, 08:10 AM
We are traveling the first week of Nov. I LOVE TL and would love to spend an afternoon there (or if it's closed Nov., to Blizzard Beach).

I know these things can vary but it will help me get an idea for planning purposes... can I hear from anyone who has traveled in late Oct. early Nov.

1. What time of the day did you visit?
2. Were there crowds?
3. What was the temp like (outside and in water) - was it 'acceptable' or too chilly?

Thanks!

[ June 20, 2002, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Kelly ]

mickeyd
06-20-2002, 08:21 AM
Last Nov we visited BB. We arrived at 9:30am or 10:00 I think. (It was shortly after opening) There we NO real crowds throughout the day, but that might have had something to do with the drop off in travel last year.

The weather was good. It was not boiling hot, but it wasn't too cold to go swimming. The water was heated, so even though the day we went to BB was not the warmest of our stay (Mid - high 70's), it was still very pleasant. Out of the water it was warm, especially in the sun.

Look, I'd say that unless it's too cold for shorts and T-shirt outside, BB is fine on any day.

SEAN23
06-20-2002, 03:22 PM
The last three years TL has closed at the end of October and reopened right around christmas. The hours are from 10 - 5 that time of year and the crowds should not be that bad.

Daveyk
06-20-2002, 04:09 PM
The weather is generally warm, and the pools are heated, so you should have a great time!

LottaLubes
06-20-2002, 05:00 PM
Hi Kelly, as mentioned, TL usually closes for rehab on 10/31. We usually go the first week of November...a day at Blizzard beach is always on the agenda for my oldest and hubby. They leave in a bathsuit, t-shirt and sandles and have always been perfectly comfortable and always come back with a sunburn.

They say the crowds are manageable although some of the slide lines can be about a 10-15 min wait at times.

Normally they go right when it opens so they can spend the day but they have also arrived at 1:00 with no problem and found that some people were actually leaving for the day around that time so I think you would be OK no matter what time you go.

Have fun!

Womble
06-22-2002, 06:55 PM
1) We always get to the Waterpark when it opens this is just to pick out a good spot!
2) The crowds tend to be quite small, but there will be queues!
3) Each time I have been in November the weather was fine for swimming. Even though, if you talk to the locals they say it is way to cold! If it was below 50 I might agree but when its 75+! And the Water is Warm!