PDA

View Full Version : Strollers at the water parks? and other questions..

MR.MIKE
06-07-2002, 10:10 AM
Are strollers welcome at the water parks? Can you navigate them or is there too much sand at TL or something else i'm not thinking of? My 18 month old will surely nap at some point.
The raft ride that circles the park; is it one person to a raft? can a child ride with a parent? Is there an age requirement?
Do i have really have to go at opening to get a seat or lounge chair? what if i went at 4:30 or 5:00 in the afternoon? Thanks

[ June 07, 2002, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: MR.MIKE ]

icconian
06-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Can't answer about strollers. Can't remember seeing or NOT seeing them there. graemlins/crazy.gif

Definitely check the closing time before you plan to get there at 4:30 or 5 !! In May both water parks closed at 6 pm. You sure wouldn't get your money's worth ($30/adult) if you came that late. You would, however, be able to find plenty of vacated chairs! ;)

icconian
06-07-2002, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about your lazy river question. (sure wish I could see the post while I try to type an answer!)

The raft ride is what they call a "lazy river". Innertubes are supplied that hold one person. There are also a small amount of two person innertubes (kind of like a raft, but with holes like an innertube). All of the above are for adults/teens/preteens, but not suitable for toddlers, since they can slip thru the hole. The water park also supplies smaller innertubes just perfect for the little kids. These small tubes actually have a bottom, like a raft would have, not a hole. I've seen lifeguards directing parents to specifically use these small tubes for their children. Also note that you cannot bring in your own inflatables, but the kids can wear their own lifejackets. (or do you call them swimvests?)

JBurke
06-07-2002, 04:57 PM
When we went in October with our 13 month old, we brought our stroller.
There are paths around TL which you can surely navigate your stroller on. As for the sand, that proved more dificult and my husband and I ended up just lifting it over the sand to our seat. We definately needed it for my son's nap.
I would get there at opening so you do get a seat. Since TL is not open too late, I would choose to go there in the am and a park later in the day.
I was able to take my son on the lazy river, I didnt see any postings about an age restriction. I just had my husband hold him until I hopped up on the raft and them he would hand him to me. Make sure someone is with you when you want to get off too, so that can grab the baby while you jump off.

Brendansmom
06-07-2002, 05:01 PM
We brought our stroller, and it was fine until we reached the sand, we lifted it. If you don't want to do that, I saw plenty of little ones asleep on the bed-type lawn chairs in the shade. It looked quite comfortable.

I carried my infant son on the tube with me. My preschooler was in his own kid raft with the bottom closed and we held onto his. Nobody said anything to us.

Have fun!

EvaBryan
06-07-2002, 06:00 PM
I personally couldn't imagine a stroller at the parks - too much sand at both. I didn't see any at our trip last week.

Not only are there beaches but there are a lot of stairs to navigate (to eating areas, etc.) and sand gets all over everything after people have tracked it. I know for sure you would have to lift it several times over the course of the day - be prepared.

But - you guys will have a great time. Enjoy!