PDA

View Full Version : What is the best time to go to the Water PArks?

MR.MIKE
05-22-2002, 01:53 PM
I'd like to go the park when it is least crowded. I don't care what time of the day that is...i can go anytime. Also, any tips for a first timer to BB and TL? Thanks.....i will be going in mid june

gregf71
05-22-2002, 02:50 PM
The best advice that I can give is to get there right when they open, especially if you are going on a weekend or during the summer months.

[ May 22, 2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: gregf71 ]

MagicKingdomMandy
05-23-2002, 11:48 AM
It has been my experience that it is better to go on a day where people are most likely to go to one of the big four theme parks. Saturday, Sunday and Monday are ussually the days people start their vacation and they head right to one of the bigger parks like MK or Epcot.

Although in the summer....i hate to say it, but most of the time the water parks are always crowded...its just to hot no to be there. Somehow, when typhoon lagoon is crowded i don't notice it as much as when BB is, does anyone share this opinion...Is it because its bigger, has more to it?

BrerGnat
05-23-2002, 12:52 PM
I would recommend against going in the early morning. EVERYONE goes in the early morning and they are the same ones who LEAVE at about 1 or 2 pm. The parks are usually closed due to capacity by about 11 a.m. My suggestion is to arrive between 2 and 3 p.m. Most, if not all, of the early morning visitors will be gone. There will be 0-15 minute waits for most slides (except longer for the two large speed slides at each park), and there will be more lockers available. The parks typically stay open until 7 or 8 p.m. That gives you plenty of time to enjoy everything that each park has to offer.

Typhoon Lagoon is usually less crowded simply because BB is more popular. I think both are about the same size in terms of available "people" space. TL has more areas of trees and may encompass more land in total, but it has less attractions than BB. Much of the TL crowd is in the wave pool a lot of the time. Thus, crowds seem minimal. BB is more "squished" together and has all the rides centrally located on different sides but at the top of the same mountain.

Both are great parks. BB is more for "thrills" and TL is more relaxing because of the tropical atmosphere and lots of trees for shade. BB is lacking in shade in general, but the lifeguards do a good job of cooling the crowds down with firehoses tongue.gif

I prefer BB to TL because it just has a higher "fun" factor.

Try to see both, but if you have to pick one, decide if you want thrills (BB) or a relaxing cool down (TL).

Jillpie
05-23-2002, 10:04 PM
BB is my favorite park. I would get there first thing in the morning, especially if its important to you to have a "place" to park yourself and rest. Otherwise, if you get there late in the morning, the chairs are gone. Wear foot wear (thongs, sandals etc), the ground is VERY hot. Its a blast here. Head straight for the family raft ride, Teamboat Springs, what a rush! You'll laugh your head off all the way down, worth the wait in line. Runoff Rapids is also so much fun. If you have little kids, that section is alot of fun too. have a great time!!!

Have4Boys
05-25-2002, 07:36 AM
Definitely go during the week and first thing in the morning. We were there two weeks ago and the cabanas fill up quickly. If you have small children (under 48"), find a cabana (picnic tables, round tables, chairs) that is near the children's section of each park (Tike's Peak & ummmm.... can someone help me out with the other?). This gives you a shady place for breaks and lunch and is convenient to where you will spend most of your time with young ones. Enjoy! These parks are very neat and a lifesaver during a very hot week!! :cool:

Swedish Cath
05-25-2002, 01:58 PM
If you want some shade you have to get there before the park opens. All the shady spots will be taken after half an hour and it gets REALLY hot in the sun, especially if you burn easily. We went a couple of times to TL around 3pm and even then it was hard to find a shadt spot.

I found BB too hot. There seems to be too much walking and queueing on the "mountain" and the main pool was just too small in my opinion.

We loved TL. The queues didn't seem to tiresome and the wave pool was soooo much fun.

OrlandoDisney
05-25-2002, 04:56 PM
You have 2 options. You can either get there early when it opens, or you could go around 3:30pm. smile.gif

Susie in NM
05-26-2002, 10:48 AM
I too have been debating about going early or going late to the waterparks. If we go early the boys might tire themselves out so much they end up pretty much being toast for the rest of the day, at least that is what happens when we go to the waterpark here at home. So maybe going late in the afternoon after spending the morning at AK might be a better idea than trying to hit the waterpark at 9 am. We thought we would try to do the waterpark early in the week and if we have not adjusted to the time yet that would be like going swimming at 7 am :rolleyes:

Danny'sBelle
05-28-2002, 03:54 PM
BB-EARLY MORNING!!! You will be doing a lot of running around and climbing up the "mountain" and will be worn out in three hours, even if you are in good shape!!! That way you can spend the time that is busy, after getting on the good rides first, in the lazy river and then go back to your hotel, get cleaned up, and spend that night doing something at a slower pace. I can't imagine going there at 3:30...I worked there...lines are still long...and having enough energy to get the most out of it all!!! Just my opinion!!!

danny'sbelle graemlins/blush.gif