PDA

View Full Version : Disney attractions for 3 year old

PATELKRISHNA
08-14-2003, 10:55 AM
I am going to Orlando in October and want to take my son (almost 3) to one of the Disney World attractions. Can any one please suggest an attraction good for a 3 year old?

xipetotec
08-14-2003, 12:01 PM
That's a tough question.
It's often asked "how old should they be" "are they old enough"

Tip #1 is you need to know your child. Will they be scared of certain things.

Tip #2 is height restrictions.

If you get passed both those, there are TONS of attractions your child will love. I know cause my 3 year old was totally fearless last year when we went. He rode the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, It's Tough to be a Bug, Dinosaur! and snow White's Scary Adventure amongst MANY others ( and that's just the ones that might have thrill/scare factor ).

There are lots of more tame stuff too, The Enchanted Tiki Room, the Dumbo ride, the Peter Pan Ride, the Winnie the Pooh Ride, it's a small world, Cinderella's Carousel, Mad Teacups, Buzz Lightyear... ad that's just th eMagic Kingdom!! I wouldn't worry about having a lack of attractions for him ;)

TiggerRPh
08-14-2003, 12:21 PM
There are lots of things to go on with a 3 year old. Almost all of Fantasyland would be fine (except for maybe Snow White). In Adventureland the Magic Carpets, the Jungle Cruise and probably Pirates would be fine. Frontierland and Liberty Square have Country Bears and Hall of Presidents (not great for kids but you can take him in) and possibly the Haunted Mansion.

At the Studios you have the Beauty and the Beast show, the Great Movie Ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

At Epcot might be more of a challenge for you. Not sure how much there is for a 3 year old.

At Animal Kingdom you have the Safari Ride and the walking tours for sure.

Also, don't forget the parades!!

graemlins/mickey.gif

[BS]Mickey
08-14-2003, 12:59 PM
I assume you are talking a one-day park trip. If you can't hop between parks, Magic Kingdom is definitely my choice. My 2 year old loves Buzz Lightyear, Pooh, Goofy's Barnstormer, Carousel, and Aladdin's Flying Carpets. You have much more to choose from for a three year old than at the other parks. Good luck.

jjshickey
08-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Went last year with my 2 and 4 year olds. If you can only do one park, probably Magic Kingdom. My youngest wasn't afraid of anything. He had a ball on the goofy roller coaster.

We were there for a week. The only downside to the Magic Kingdom is that is was hard to meet the characters there without waiting a long time in line, even in September-October. Meeting the characters was as much as fun, if not more fun, than riding the rides.

Try a character meal at the Crystal Palace inisde the Magic Kingdom or at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary resort as the best way to meet the characters.

Finally, my kids loved meeting the Disney's characters best but as far as attactions, the things they lived the best were
the Dr. Suess rides at Islands of Adventure and ET ride/Barney Show/Curious George Water Playground at Universal.

Gilgalad
08-15-2003, 08:18 AM
We went with our almost 3 yr old DD in July, and to be honest MK was our least favorite. Most of the kids rides there are dark and they scared her. She loved Its a small world, the carosel, Aladin.

Animal Kingdom was probably the best. She loved the Safari. And Festival of the Lion King was her favorite thing at WDW(not to be missed).

At Epcot she loved the Land and Living Seas.

At MGM she mostly liked TGMR and loved Areil, Playhouse Disney, Beauty and the Beast, and the Playground. Muppetts 3D was the only 3D show that did not scare her.

The second day we went to MK she was much better and even liked the Huanted Mansion. Go figure.

Anyway if you can last, one of the best, most relaxing things we did was at MGM when Fantasmic was letting out we took a right turn and just hung out by Mickey's hat for almost an hour letting her run around with no one around.

PATELKRISHNA
08-15-2003, 01:40 PM
We only have one day, so we can only do one attractions. My 3 year old is not scared of anything, so I think he would have fun at Magic Kingdom. But he is around 38" tall, so I am not sure if he can go on all the rides. I'll have to find out.

Thank you for your suggestions.

-Krishna