PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing Things to do?

Poppinsof2
05-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Hello, what is the most relaxing thing to do at the Theme Parks in Disney?

Is there something relaxing or is it go, go, go.? Would I need to be resting at my hotel to be relaxed?

I want to have some relaxation as well as running around having fun.

Thanks.

marlyn
05-02-2003, 09:24 AM
If you want relaxation in the parks, try Tom Sawyer Island at MK for lunch. You can relax in the shade and have lunch under a tree. If you have kids they can run around and have fun, if you do not have kids you may want to sit away from the play area!!!

Of course there are always the resort pools. Nothing beats lying by the pool for relaxation!

Munch
05-02-2003, 09:45 AM
At Epcot pick up a times guide when you enter the park. It'll let you know when various entertainments are scheduled. A great way to take a break is to find a seat and enjoy to 20 min or so sets.

Mary M
05-02-2003, 09:57 AM
I like getting an ice cream cone and sitting somewhere nice (like the English Garden in Epcot) and just watching the people go by. Lots of good peoplewatching at Disney.

Sinewiz
05-02-2003, 10:07 AM
I generally feel more relaxed around world showcase than any where else. In particular kicking back at the Rose & Crown with a cold one. graemlins/beer.gif

Timbo
05-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Relaxing at WDW is really a state of mind and it starts before you leave your home. We always try to decide beforehand what it is we want to accomplish when visiting the World.

For example, if this will be a "relaxing" trip, then we roughly plan beforehand what we will do. We may spend at least one day or parts of days at our resort, just taking in our surroundings and relaxing. Or we plan that we will spend two days at Epcot so we can take our time and fully take in the festival (if that's what we're going to see) or partcipate in pin trading. If we're planning to do an E-Ride Night, then we plan to spend the afternoon back at the resort, relaxing before we go to the MK. OR we may plan some activities at the GF Spa, like a massage or something. OR our goal may be to see as much as possible in the least amount of time, which is NOT very relaxing...but still fun. graemlins/mickey.gif

We're not big on planning "by the minute" but we do try to roughly plan our days based on what it is we would like to accomplish. That's my suggestion.

[ May 02, 2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Timbo ]

marlyn
05-02-2003, 10:49 AM
I firmly believe that you need to fit in non-theme park rest days. I try to go to theme parks for 2 days then have rest day, and so on. It really helps, especially with kids. They need to kick back and go to the pool, or nap. Ans so do we!

faline
05-02-2003, 11:56 AM
For relaxation in the parks:
* Plan a nice sit-down breakfast, lunch or dinner in a full service restaurant.
* Take time to explore the landscaping, gardens, or other architectural features
* Find a bench and do some people watching.
* In the Magic Kingdom, take a train ride around the park. Stay on for another cicuit if you'd like.
* Find a scenic spot and have a snack.

Jeff
05-02-2003, 12:14 PM
In MK my favorite relaxing things are:
Ride the Riverboat - about a 20 min slow ride
Hall of Presidents
TTA -
Train Ride (as mentioned earlier)

Epcot:
A slow walk around WS - eating as you go

MGM
Muppet's
Back-lot Tour
Animation Tour
Any of the shows (Indy, Beauty)

AK:
Shows (Tarzan, Lion King, Flights of
Wonder,Pocahontas)
Train ride back to the "petting zoo"
The walking trails through Asia and Africa

Other stuff:
Walk on Boardwalk
Monorail ride
Resort touring
Hanging at the pool or water park

MauiMouse
05-02-2003, 12:22 PM
Riding the TTA around Tomorrowland, that would be number 1.

Riding on the Riverboat around Rivers of America, number 2.

Walking around World Showcase, stopping at each country, number 3.

The walk by Tomorrowland by the Train tracks, stopping and taking photos of the train, number 4. graemlins/mickey.gif

Disney-4-Me
05-02-2003, 12:33 PM
A graemlins/beer.gif at the Rose and Crown in Epcot.
A graemlins/beer.gif at the bar area of the 50's Prime Time at Disney/M.G.M. Studios.
A graemlins/tasty.gif treat at the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.

veela
05-02-2003, 05:31 PM
If you'd like a nice relaxing day or half day, but don't want to stay in your resort I'd suggest hitting Downtown Disney. You can browse all the really neat Disney stores and pick out what gifts you want to get people (don't forget yourself! ;) ) There are some really nice restaurants down there to dine at, and it's just an overall calm atmosphere.

However, if by relax you mean "sit down," then I suppose this isn't the idea for you (but someone else might enjoy it - I know I do!) graemlins/mickey.gif

Joey
05-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Ride-wise: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, El Rio de Tempo, Spaceship Earth, and basically any slow-moving ride or show.

Otherwise: Pool at your hotel, Disney Quest is a welcomed air-conditioned alternative, restaurants, monorail rides, tons of things!

gonk12
05-03-2003, 12:18 PM
To relax i always eat!! graemlins/tasty.gif graemlins/laughing.gif especially anywhere in WS...in fact when my family wants to relax we generally go to Epcot because the atmosphere lends itself to being calm and relaxing especially in WS and we find the crowd is generally older and calmer.

Darbylew
05-03-2003, 12:34 PM
I agree that Epcot's WS is a good place to relax.
There are so many shops to walk through and just
sitting on the benches along the walkway. WS
seems to be calm and quiet. Have fun and enjoy.
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

DisneyJunkie
05-03-2003, 03:02 PM
One of the best things you can do to relax in a park (in this case Magic Kingdom) is to hop a ride aboard the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Not only are you able to relax, but you're also still doing the rides at the same time. AND...you can ride it over and over and over again if you like since there's almost never a line.

Starshine2793
05-12-2003, 01:29 AM
The most relaxing thing I did two years ago when I was at DisneyLand was to get an ice cream sundae and sit on one of the benches on Main Street USA and just enjoy being there. It's fun to people watch, and take in the moment. At Walt Disney World, I love to ride the Tomorrowland Transit Authority for a quick dose of rest and relaxation!

RAZORBRAD
05-12-2003, 03:46 AM
Get you a nice cold drink and or ice cream , find you a shade tree and just watch the people.