PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade Information

MKPlutoGuy
09-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade Information

Concept: In this parade, unique to Disney's Animal Kingdom, Mickey and his friends are out on a jungle safari. This wild adventure features 5 character jeeps, dozens of animal puppets, and a whole bunch of Disney characters!

Parade Route: Animal Kingdom Parades step off by the Tusker House Gate in Africa. From there, they travel through Africa and over the bridge onto Discovery Island. The parade circles Discovery Island, and crosses the bridge into Asia. From there, it takes a left, and follows the pathway back to Africa. Back in Africa, the parade finishes where it started, by the Tusker House Gate.

This parade has always been staged at 4pm. I wouldn't expect a change anytime soon. It takes about 15 minutes to pass.

This is a very unique parade, because you can see it twice in just one showing. Get a spot in Africa, and watch the parade go by. Then, try walking the Forest Walking Trail, and getting a bite to eat. The parade will return, and you can watch it all over again! smile.gif

Parade Lineup:

</font> The parade is filled with 5 Character Safari Jeeps (Opening/Rafiki, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Mickey/Finale)</font> 4 Drum Floats Sculputred like animals (Elephant, Lion, etc)</font> 3 Rickshaw Taxis carrying Disney Guests ( you could be chosen!)</font> 8 animal puppets (Snake, etc)</font> Disney characters Galore!</font> 10 Party Animal stiltwalkers</font> 10 Party Patrols (Disney Cast Memebers)</font>Ramblings
This is Animal Kingdom's first full-scale parade. Before, the walkways were too narrow (Animal Kingdom was designed this way, so full sized floats wouldn't fit through the streets), and the sound system was lacking for a parade. March of the ARTimals was short lived, and Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade is alive and upbeat.

As Mickey says, "We're Jamming in the Jungle to the Rythm of One!"

Toughbug
09-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Hey Eddy, thanks for the great information!

My DS and I were going over our WDW vacation binder and he was asking about the Jammin' Jungle parade. I can now provide the information to him and it will make his day.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

[ September 11, 2002, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Toughbug ]

MKPlutoGuy
09-09-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Toughbug:
Thanks and keep up the great work.No problem. graemlins/mickey.gif

Sorry it took so long between Information posts. Tapestry of Dreams is next--hopefuly within a week! smile.gif

joelkfla
09-11-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
As Mickey says, "We're Jamming in the Jungle to the Rythm of One!"I walked behind Mickey's float from Africa to Discovery Island last week, and I think it's "Rhythm of fun".

"Rhythm of One" just doesn't make much sense.

Lacy
09-11-2002, 01:22 AM
It is definately "Jammin in the Jungle to the Rhythm of One".

I think this is the best parade at WDW and everyone should see it. It is so much fun. It combines the awesome puppets like in Tapestry and adds the characters with a very upbeat song. It can't get any bettter graemlins/muscles.gif

DisneyTeen
09-11-2002, 11:36 AM
I agree, its "one" I worked the parade everyday when i worked at AK, and its one...I find it to be the best parade for kids in disney...very up beat, easy to dance to and alot of interaction.

MKPlutoGuy
09-11-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by joelkfla:
"Rhythm of One" just doesn't make much sense.I think what the song writers meant by this is everyone is one people, one voice. We're all connected together, some way or another, and that's what the writers wanted to potray to the guests. smile.gif

joelkfla
09-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by joelkfla:
"Rhythm of One" just doesn't make much sense.I think what the song writers meant by this is everyone is one people, one voice. We're all connected together, some way or another, and that's what the writers wanted to potray to the guests. smile.gif </font>[/QUOTE]OK, I'll believe y'all. But I still think it's a strange way to end the song. :rolleyes:

[ September 11, 2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: joelkfla ]

vsiv1695
09-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Don't forget to dance.

Jared
09-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Thanks Eddy! I was wondering if you ever would write another of these posts. By the way, it is definitely "one"! smile.gif