PDA

View Full Version : Worldshowcase best stores?

Zeike
08-08-2002, 03:10 PM
Hi again everyone, here is another question, which country do you think have the best stores. I love the small stores in France with all the perfumes or eau the toilette. Also Japan big store is great, just walking by it and seing all the japanese things they sell is great. I have gotten some nice ties to at Italy and some Kahlua at the Mexico Pavillion graemlins/beer.gif . ???

[ August 08, 2002, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Zeike ]

DisneyTeen
08-08-2002, 03:17 PM
I like that sports store in England, the one that has the big size soccer and tennis balls. I do not know why, but i always go in there and kick around a soccer ball for like 15 minutes.

darthmacho
08-08-2002, 03:23 PM
My DW loved the store in China, Canada, Mexico and UK the best. I liked the carts in Mexico too, loved the Troll store in Norway, and the German Christmas store.

DisneyDog
08-08-2002, 03:26 PM
Mexico and China are our favorites!!

xipetotec
08-08-2002, 03:44 PM
I'm into food and drink ( and being Merry? )
How sad is it that after 4 days FROM Canada being in the World Showcase, I headed towards the Canadian Pavillion to have myself a Beaver Tail and a Molson Canadian... smile.gif ...

MagicKingdomMandy
08-08-2002, 04:15 PM
I like France because of all the cute little artist nick-nacks, as well as Japan because its huge and I always want to buy a kimono but never do....some day i will.

graemlins/thumbsup.gif

AndrewJackson
08-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Japan is my favorite. I love watching them open the oysters and looking at the pearls.

Mulan
08-08-2002, 05:02 PM
We enjoy Japan, also. We got my DD5 a red kimono and all of the extras from there. It looked great on her. She even worn it for Halloween. We love to go into all of the stores and buy candy from different countries. Then my DD takes them back to school and shares them with her classmates. Oh...Germany is also another favorite.

kjblovesdisney
08-08-2002, 05:22 PM
I love the Perfumeria in France. I bought perfume there three years ago and now get more every time I get to go back. I have also had friends pick me up some on their visits. Whenever I wear it I think of Disney...... smile.gif

walstib
08-08-2002, 06:19 PM
I love the cuckoo clock shop in Germany, but never actually bought anything there. I got quite a few things from Canada...

Crow
08-08-2002, 06:28 PM
the wines shops graemlins/beer.gif I like Japan & China

WDWLori
08-08-2002, 10:35 PM
The kid in me will always love the toy store in Germany. Now that I'm an adult I love looking at the art gallery in France, they have the most beautiful impressionistic paintings. The reproductions of work done by Monet, Van Gogh and Renoir are cheap enough to collect. I also love the marketplaces in Mexico and Morrocco. The 'department store' in Japan is fun too.

mrlockjaw
08-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Best ambiance: Mexico outdoor market

My wife's favorites: France & England (candy!)

My favorite: Japan - next time I go I'm going to buy a sake set (sake it to me, baby!)

graemlins/party.gif

debbies
08-09-2002, 06:25 PM
Twinnings tea store in England. Lots of tea some hard to find and Royal Dalton china teapots! I know , hard to get excited about tea bags but I love my morning tea!!!!

DisneyDudet
08-09-2002, 07:48 PM
Canada- I love ROOTS stuff!
Japan- so much fun
China- love the chinese zodiac stuff.. so interesting! graemlins/mickey.gif

Magnificent_maleficent
08-10-2002, 06:20 AM
I have to admit that when I visit the US the only thing I miss is British chocolate...or candy I think you call it. So I like to go to the Tea shop in England and stock up on my favourite bars.
That is the only thing I miss when i go to WDW
......sorry to say it just doesn't taste the same......

MNNHFLTX
08-10-2002, 07:11 AM
I love the Christmas store in Germany--the blown-glass ornaments are so beautiful! I buy one every trip to WDW. I also enjoy the "marketplaces" at the Mexican pavilion and in Morocco! smile.gif

Rhetoric2000
08-10-2002, 07:23 AM
All the shops in China

The Tea Caddy in UK

The market in Morocco.

Clay Ransone
08-10-2002, 08:06 AM
I'd like to throw my support behind Canada as well. Not only can I get some Roots stuff but I can talk hockey with the CM's there and get a Molson Canadian when I'm done shopping.

Cathy S
08-10-2002, 09:50 AM
I love the store in China -- everything from very expensive jade to little paper parasols. The shops in Great Britain and France are also great to wander through. I love the way one opens into another. And in France, you can always wind up in the pastry shop for a sweet little break! graemlins/tasty.gif graemlins/tasty.gif

Victor Kelly
08-10-2002, 12:38 PM
ahhhhhh man another tough question. smile.gif

I would have to say in this order,

Germany
Norway
Mexico
Italy

No particular reason, I just like the atmosphere, the architecture, sounds and above all the smells.

AmyKane
08-10-2002, 08:38 PM
I love the marketplace in Mexico. There are so many beautiful gifts to buy there. I also love the shop in Germany which sells the coo coo clocks and Christmas ornaments. I also seem to buy something there too.

Disney-Nut
08-11-2002, 03:36 PM
My favorite's would be Mexico and Morrocco.

wdw538884
08-11-2002, 05:08 PM
graemlins/clappy.gif Add my vote for Mexico. I like the whole "nighttime" feel of the place. Japan store is a close #2. :D

CanadaEh28
08-11-2002, 06:58 PM
Canada...even though I am from Canada I love that stor because when I walk in I feel a great sense of pride for my country graemlins/rotfl.gif

ChipDale
08-11-2002, 07:52 PM
I love the Mitsukoshi Department Store in Japan. I'm not big into shopping, yet I don't mind spending time in there - there's so much to look at. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ChipnDaleGal
08-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Our favorite is also Mexico. It is so colorful and lively. Just a great festive atmosphere! smile.gif

Nantuckt
08-11-2002, 08:38 PM
I'd say the store big store in Japan,
I got a beautiful Mikimoto pearl ring there
that I just love. graemlins/crazy.gif

mini mia02
08-16-2002, 10:29 PM
I love the U.K! The sports store is awesome, because I am the hugest sports fan!

valjane
08-16-2002, 11:19 PM
I would have to go with Mexico and China, with Japan and France being a close 3rd and 4th. smile.gif

minniedawg
08-17-2002, 11:05 AM
I'm with Mexico for pure ambience. The thought that you can walk through a Mexican market, at night, with all the native architecture surrounding you while it's brilliant sunshine outside is just too good.

However, the attention to detail in France and the UK are absolutely phenominal too. The shops even smell like they do in the real countries.

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-17-2002, 11:58 AM
Mitsukoshi Department Store, without question for me! But bias plays a major role because I find Japanese culture very interesting as well as the fact that I am an anime otaku. You can actually find some nice anime stuff there. I picked up a deck of Sailormoon playing cards at that store on my last trip!

GeorgeOfTheJungle
08-17-2002, 12:30 PM
I'm a fan of Japan myself! They have lots of cool things there. I love the candy they sell, and all the little toys. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LittleSpirit02
08-19-2002, 01:05 PM
I really enjoy looking at all the differemt trolls in Norway, the clocks in Germany, the pasteries in France, and I love the nighttime atmosphere of Mexico. My little brother really adores the Japanese and Chinese places. Japan even more because of the Gundam model kit selection. ;)

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

EmisDisneyMom
08-20-2002, 10:43 AM
I really like al the shops in the UK and I am not sure why. I never purchase anything but I love to browse there.