PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Haunted Mansion wedding ring

Chris Proctor
10-10-2002, 03:40 PM
OK... I know this has been discussed for quite some time. Here at long last... is THE ring the haunted mansion...

http://rlyeh.tonynet.net/~cwproctor/ring.jpg

I personally took this shot and have cropped it rather indescriminately. It is from HM at WDW.

Notes:
1.) It is sized for someone with tiny fingers
2.) I don't think this is a pole unless they deliberately added detail too it later.
3.) There is a storyline to the haunted mansion... look closely... there are more clues.

In the end, believe what ya want.

I copied this from another post I put up since I wasn't sure anyone would see it on page 2 of an old post.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
10-10-2002, 04:48 PM
Thanks for posting that! graemlins/thumbsup.gif I personally don't think it looks like a ring, but that's just me.

Jordan0301
10-11-2002, 04:31 AM
Now that you have found "The Ring"...I'm happy to report that Master Gracey has had me make final arrangements for a visit to the Mansion for you...we do have room for one more you know...

In his most humbled service-

Jordan

PS> If anyone wants the actual story behind the ring, feel free to email me...but I think its more fun to use ones imagination...hmmm, they should make a ride about that...

Main Street Jim
10-11-2002, 11:00 AM
I agree with Jordan - it's more fun to hear the storyline of Master Gracey, Emily, and Madame Leota, than the actual "truth" behind the "ring" ;) Kinda keeps the "magic" in the MAGIC KINGDOM!

Chris Proctor
10-12-2002, 02:14 AM
I wish they did more of this kind of thing actually. I agree... the "magic" in the Magic Kingdom is in the details and the people.

I wonder how many people... for example... have ever given a good look to the set of the Thunder Mountain Railroad...

kimballWDW98
10-12-2002, 04:48 PM
I have heard the story about the ring and Master Gracery. My husband and I looked during our last trip in May. However, we were unable to find the ring. Can you please tell me the exact location of the ring? Pretty please.
Marsha °O°

SpecJoe Magic
10-12-2002, 05:22 PM
That is one of the better pictures I've seen of "the ring." I still am not sure if Disney did that intentionally or if it was an accident and a story was started about "the ring." Either way, it makes for a good story.

DW88
10-12-2002, 05:31 PM
I wonder how many people... for example... have ever given a good look to the set of the Thunder Mountain Railroad... What is it Chris? smile.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

WDWLori
10-13-2002, 08:10 PM
I'm lost, what's the story with the ring? I've gone to WDW about 75 times in 20 years and have never heard of this ring thing. :confused:

CJDDS
10-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by WDWLori:
I'm lost, what's the story with the ring? I've gone to WDW about 75 times in 20 years and have never heard of this ring thing. :confused: I'm with you, WDWLori. So what's the story?

:confused:

Jordan0301
10-14-2002, 03:49 AM
Its much much better if you get a HM CM to tell you, we live for those stories...so if you can wait...ask on your next trip, youll make a butler's day.

If you dont wanna wait, I'll post it...lemme know...

Jordan

Bama
10-14-2002, 05:30 PM

OK we dont wanna wait. Post away plz smile.gif

CJDDS
10-14-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Jordan0301:
Its much much better if you get a HM CM to tell you, we live for those stories...so if you can wait...ask on your next trip, youll make a butler's day.

JordanC'mon, Jordan, post it!

graemlins/muscles.gif

CJDDS
10-14-2002, 07:48 PM

graemlins/muscles.gif

CJDDS
10-14-2002, 07:52 PM

graemlins/muscles.gif

Disney-4-Me
10-14-2002, 11:39 PM
I have never heard of the ring story either, so in 10, count 'em, TEN days, I am going to ask a CM at the Haunted Mansion!
graemlins/muscles.gif

CJDDS
10-15-2002, 07:22 PM
C'mon, Jordan! POST IT!

graemlins/muscles.gif

snowmanz999
10-15-2002, 07:33 PM
Please post it. I never heard the story either graemlins/rotfl.gif

HookRulz
10-16-2002, 02:18 AM
Well, this is new to me. You know what they say, every year you have something new to look forward to when you go down to Disney, and this sure is new to me. The Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite attractions in the MK and I never even knew of such a story. Thanks for lettin me know I have an interesting thing to look forward to. By the way, can you give any hints as to what the true story is? Pretty Please? graemlins/mickey.gif

Jordan0301
10-16-2002, 04:39 AM
Eeeeep, sorry guys...I totally flaked and forgot about this thread ;O)

Here are fun mansion things...

THE STORY:

Once upon a time there lived a young, and very handsome man, Gracey. He lived a bit away from the main town, and kept to himself in general, but was still very much so like by the townsfolk of Liberty Square. He lived a life of content, but was also VERY superstitious. He always kept a psychic with him at all times, knowing in all assets of the occult. Her name was Madame Leota. She served her master for many years, and over time...grew to love him. Though, never speaking of her feelings. She was much older, and new she could never gain the love of Master Gracey.

Things wen't on like this for many years, when one day, a new girl moved into the town of Liberty. Her name was Emily. She was the most beautiful girl that any had laid eyes upon. She was also full of spirit and energy, and it was this playfull nature that attracted Master Gracey to her. They began courting, and after a few months, were set to be married. This enraged Madame Leota, she was loosing her love, and she vowed to see the two never wed.

On her wedding day, in keeping with her playfull nature, Emily decided to play a trick on her beloved. She snuck up to the attack minutes before the ceremony and decided to hide. Madame Leota saw her venture into the attack, and when Emily crawled into a trunk to hide, Leota slammed the trunk shut and locked it.

After an exhausting search, when Emily did not show to the wedding, Master Gracey found a bit of fabric sticking out of an old trunk in the attack. It was a piece of Emily's wedding gown. She lay in the trunk, lifeless from lack of air. Master Gracey was grief stricken as he made plans for the funeral. He hired a horse drawn carridge to take the Emily's body to the cemetary, but on the way...something spooked the horse (it is belived that it was Leota) and the horses jerked the carridge off into the night.

The next morning after a thick fog rose from around the mansion...the carridge was revealed standing alone outside. The driver, horses, and most importantly, Emily's body were no where to be found...all that was left of Master Gracey's beloved bride was her wedding ring which had fallen off her hand...but it had been stomped into the pavement by the hooves of the stampedeing horses. He clawed at it for hours, but to no avail...it was there forever...as a perminant reminder of his lost love.

Master Gracey went to his psychic, Leota, and ordered her to call back the ghost of Emily. Leota was angered, having just gotten rid of the girl...but did as she was told, knowing that it would not be the same Emily he had loved, but a hollow shell, a withered spirit of a long lost love. Master Gracey upon speaking with Emily's spirit was filled with dispare. Realizing the futility of his situation.

Madame Leota went to console her love, and revealed that it was her that had killed Emily, but that it was a blessing, for she was his one true love. Leota then transformed herself into a beautiful young woman in hopes he would love her then. Master Gracey was disgusted at the thought of it and thrown into a mad rage. He told Leota that she was a withered old hag at heart, and never meant a thing to him...in fact, he hated her. At hearing this, Leota cursed the house, and to join Emily's spirit, she called forth 996 other souls to haunt the mansion for all eternity.

Master Gracey took Leota by the hair and flung her into the freezing river where he drowned her. After having done this horrible deed, Master Gracey could no longer live with himself, and went into the room just past the fireplace and portrait, and hung himself. So Leota, and Master Gracey's spirit's took their place along with Emily and the 996 other haunts of the mansion. Banished to relive their horrible deeds for all eternity.

THINGS TO LOOK FOR:

-The ring from Emilys finger...outside the exit canopy to the mansion.

-The empty carridge, outside the mansion duh!

-Master Gracey's body...hangin in the stretch room.

-Emily's spirit awaits you in the attack...but you can still see if you look by her feet, the trunk she was locked in and a piece of her wedding gown sticking out just as it was on that fatefull night.

-Leota...obviously in the crystal ball, but her actual body still exists...as you exit the mansion...a young woman calls to you to return soon, this is belived to be Leota. After she altered her appearance and was cast into the freezing water, it is thought that her body shrunk due to the extreme temperature, and she sits atop the exit to the mansion beckoning to guests to return, waiting in her wedding gown for her Master Gracey to realize his who his one true love is.

-Master Gracey still walks around and inspects the mansion at night as a good Master should. If you stand outside the mansion at night and look up at the windows on the outer wall, you will see him walk past, or at least the candle he holds, as he passes his domain in eternal torment. It takes about 4 1/2 minutes for him to walk past.

Wow...Im tired...all I could think of for now. Ask any questions if you have 'em...Im happy to answer.

"In Master Gracey's most humble service"-

Jordan

SteveO
10-16-2002, 10:49 AM
Thanks so much for the story which would make a great movie (and me thinks the wonderful tale you just told will have nothing to do with what we get when the Haunted Mansion movie is released). Can't wait for my next trip to WDW with the "real story" to watch for. Thanks Jordon!

ToraTory
10-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you... that was totally cool and will certainly look for all of those clues when I visit in 17 days -- oh boy! :D --tory

imported_PolyGirl40
10-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Jordan -- Thank your for taking the time to share that with all of us! You rock! :cool:

I'll have to show this thread to my kids. They both love the Haunted Mansion!