PDA

View Full Version : Question about bricks...

Stasha
04-19-2002, 01:26 PM
Good morning! I want to surprise my hubby on our anniversary with a little Disney "gift" graemlins/party.gif . I know they have the "Leave a Legacy" at Epcot, but I was wondering if they do the bricks/stones with names/dates/etc. :confused: I don't think it was at Epcot but it seems like it was at one of the other resorts...MK maybe? Anyway, if anyone has info...I would appreciate it! I'll owe ya a cold one... graemlins/beer.gif <----Root beer that is! :D

MKPlutoGuy
04-19-2002, 01:33 PM
I think what you are refferring to is the Walk Around the World.

For $110 you can buy a 10-inched hexagon shaped brick and have your name written on it. You can also buy granite bricks for $225. It will create an entire walkway around the 7 Seas Lagoon when its done and will cost $9.6 million dollards. smile.gif

Soure:Unofficial Guide to WDW 2002

Main Street Jim
04-19-2002, 02:01 PM
I don't *think* that the bricks are available any longer. I can check this weekend and see. The last I remember them being sold was during the Millennium Celebration, and the latest dates I can remember seeing on them was 2000.

But I'll check and see what I can find out.

imported_PolyGirl40
04-19-2002, 02:47 PM
The bricks are no longer available.

Fantasmic
04-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
will cost $9.6 million dollards.

graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/laughing.gif

Honey-4-Pooh
04-19-2002, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately ... the bricks are gone. I found out the hard way ...My parents bought a brick when they first came out graemlins/clappy.gif About 8 months before my wedding (April 2001) I had called and was pleased to have a Brick Rep. send me the info in mail. I ordered the granite wedding brick as a surprise and was awaiting our honeymoon @ the Polynesian. My parents went to WDW in March and when they got back informed me that the brick was not there ... I freaked out since we were going to WDW in less than 3 weeks. To make a long story short ... after about 10 calls and 3 transfers I spoke to the Brick Installer who said they were discontinued due to the cost and lack of intrest from guests. He said he would try to find out where the brick was ... long and behold it was on the back of a truck!! :eek: He assured me that it would be in by April 7th and when we got there it was graemlins/clappy.gif My wife was so happy and I was so thankful ... leave it to Disney to make our Honeymoon special graemlins/mickey.gif

MKPlutoGuy
04-19-2002, 05:21 PM
Sorry about the false info guys. graemlins/blush.gif I guess the guide needs updating.. :rolleyes:

Amy-is Dollards funn? Or is the fact that it would cost 9.6 dollards funny? :D

candleshoe
04-19-2002, 05:26 PM
funn? graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/silly.gif
:D :D :D
graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif

Lucille
04-19-2002, 06:06 PM
I know that they had bricks available at DL too. We decided not to get one since they were only guanteed to be there for 10 years. Was the same true for WDW?

rbriskey
04-19-2002, 11:23 PM
Weird. I was just walking from the Contemporary to Magic Kingdom today, noticing the bricks along the way. I was wondering if they were selling them, but I figured not, as the latest date I saw was 2000.
We all must have this "Intercot" brain-wave thing going...
How much exactly is a Dollard?? I thought maybe it was like a "Disney Dollar", but it was for buying stuff at Dillard's.

Nom
04-20-2002, 08:43 AM
I think it's unfortunate that they no longer have the bricks available for purchase- my family got one the first year they offered them, and it is a fun diversion every year to try to find it. We always try to find it without asking for the little map first- but we always end up needing the little map at the end!

From what I remember, there was no time limitation on the bricks (that they would only be around for 10 years or something), but WDW reserves the right to move them at any time, and that you have no gaurantee that on your next visit your brick might not be removed and "In transit" to its next location somewhere in the World.

Pookie
04-20-2002, 11:44 PM
When my husband and I went last June for our Honeymoon, he checked to see if he could get a brick for us. We were told that Leave a Legacy in Epcot was replacing the bricks in MK. So we got two squares at the Leave a Legacy at Epcot. I can't wait to find them when we go back again this June! It was much cheaper than one of the bricks.

dizneygirl
04-22-2002, 11:33 AM
question...
I've heard rumor that Leave a Legacy was only going to be around for a short time....not nearly long enought to "Leave a Legacy"...does anyone know if this is true???