PDA

View Full Version : Cirque do Soleil - Is it worth it?

Septbride2002
03-25-2002, 10:53 PM
After watching last nights Academy Awards my fiance and I are really wanting to see Cirque du Soleil. But it is $71 per person! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Has anyone seen it? Is it worth the money? :confused:

aquaboogie
03-25-2002, 11:38 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif YES! graemlins/muscles.gif YES! graemlins/muscles.gif YES! graemlins/muscles.gif

did I say yes?

The show is incredible...from the academy awards (which was super cool, BTW) I recognized the trampoline/wall people, the guy in the giant wheel, the guy flying on the big pieces of red fabric, and a couple of other acts as acts i saw in orlando. (the trampoline/Wall guys are my total favorites, they made me want to get a trampoline, and aim myself at my house!)

My mom, who never really likes things like that,(she's more of a traditionalist graemlins/shakehead.gif ) and only went cause I begged and begged, is now talking about seeing it again on our next trip!

It is expensive, so what we did was schedule it on our AK day, since we never spend a whole day in AK anyway, went back to our resort, soaked in the hot tub, had showers and a quiet dinner, and made it to the show in plenty of time. We were still on a Cirque Du Soliel high the next day.

GO! It's totally worth it.

MKPlutoGuy
03-26-2002, 06:31 AM
I've also heard nothing but great reviews from the show. However it is expenisive, and one of those things I haven' found any discounts for, so we'll just have to tough it out! ;) I think it would definatley be worth it! smile.gif

CuteAsMinnie
03-26-2002, 08:12 AM
We also saw a bit of it during the otherwise most boring Academy Awards show. Although it has gotten great reviews, it never really tickled my fancy and have no desire to see the show at Disney. And at $71/per..... there are many more things I'd rather do/see.

CousinLouie
03-26-2002, 08:48 AM
Ditto Aquaboogie! This is a "not to be missed" attraction! It was breathtaking, and you will spend the rest of your trip asking the question "How did they do that?"

One caveat: on our 2001 trip, we left the kiddies (5 and 2) with Grandmom. Not sure if the show would appeal to little ones.

Overall, a big thumbs up! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cbs
03-26-2002, 12:12 PM
I have not seen the Orlando version, but I have seen the traveling shows, and I think it is well worth it. Also, on a trip to Vegas a couple of years ago, some members of the group went to see Cirque's "O" show at the Bellagio, and my wife and I passed due to the price (Over$100). After seeing a traveling show and hearing the group rave about "O", I'm still so disappointed I didn't go I have considered buying cheap Southwest flights for my wife and I to go out there just for the show.

miketubby
03-26-2002, 12:22 PM
You can use flex features from the Discovery Magic (or higher) package if you get it. The show costs two features per person (which is just about $71). But, that way you don't actually see yourself paying for it at the time...

Beast_fanatic
03-26-2002, 02:19 PM
I'm going to transfer this over to our forum that deals with Nightlife where our Cirque experts hang out.

Hold onto your hats and glasses! :D

EpcotDave
03-26-2002, 09:50 PM
The first time I saw Cirque, I was a guest at a corporate event so I didn't pay for the ticket. The show was incredible!!! I couldn't wait to go again with my friends to share the show with them. I was kinda surprised at the admission price when I bought the tickets, but let me tell you - it's worth it!!!! . This show is not like anything you've ever seen before. The music, comedy, and especially the athletic ability of the performers is unbeliveable. It's so beautiful, amazing, and moving that it may bring tears to your eyes. I highly recommend that you splurge and see the show.

Alise213
03-27-2002, 10:29 AM
graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Is it worth it well... I would fly down to flordia and see the show then fly home if I could.. It's outstanding, breath taking, and beautiful.. Don't miss it!! It's worth the money, besides it's vacation, isn't it about splurging anyways!! Go For it!!

graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

[ March 27, 2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Alise213 ]

Dawn
03-27-2002, 11:51 AM
Don't miss it. graemlins/muscles.gif Don't miss it graemlins/muscles.gif Don't miss it.

Even if it means sacrificing dinner one night or something. Just go and see it. It will blow your mind away.

Mufasa22
03-27-2002, 12:01 PM
How appropriate is the show for all ages?

We are going to WDW with a group of 14, 8 adults, 6 children, children ages 11, 8, 6, 3, 1.5 and 1.

Grandparents are showing great interest in Cirque show since the Oscars...

Let me know what you think - thanks.

-Joe

aquaboogie
03-27-2002, 12:59 PM
I think the younger kids might get a little bored. Your 11, 8, and 6 year olds will probably like it fine, but for the 3, 1.5, and 1 year old it might not be traditional-circus enough. I wouldn't worry about appropriateness, as there are some little girls actually IN the show! If you saw the show during the oscars, then you have a really good idea of what to expect.

Ozarker
03-27-2002, 02:55 PM
We saw it about 3 years ago. I don't remember it being $75.00 a ticket... I was thinking it was more around $50.00 at that time. But, it was fantastic! My daughter was 8 at the time and she enjoyed it immensely.

macmonster
04-04-2002, 11:31 AM
We saved our money and went at Christmas 2000 with our teenage children after seeing it on the Bravo! cable channel. TV can not do it justice. We loved it. The kids raved! After going we looked on the Cirque web site to see if a traveling show would ever come close to Charlotte. After joining their "web club" we received an e-mail in Jan 2002 about Quidam coming to Charlotte. I ordered the tickets right then for a show to take our family (4) and parents since my mom and daughther have b'days about the same time. Good present.

When we arrived at the Big Top and were led in our seats were on the front row center stage. AWESOME!!!

My parents had the time of their lives. Quidam had some similar acts but I liked the story line better than La Nouba but that is not a criticism.

Save up your pennies and go!!!

Jared
04-04-2002, 04:01 PM
I think Cirque is on the agenda for my next trip with my family, which I believe will be in February of '03. These reviews are fantastic! graemlins/mickey.gif

Rhetoric2000
04-05-2002, 02:27 AM
We showed our PAP's last year and got a great discount. It was something like $20 off each ticket.

imported_PolyGirl40
04-06-2002, 03:54 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif YES! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

It is worth every single penny ----- and then some.

My youngest was 6 at the time we went to see La Nouba. He was simply amazed -- Just like the rest of us. It is indescribable. The music is done live. There are 2 towers supporting the musicians/singers. The performers are astounding. Several of the items featured during the Academy Awards are from the La Nouba show.

Go -- You'll never regret the money spent.