PDA

View Full Version : Rock n Roller Coaster

married2wdwnut
10-28-2001, 05:48 PM
My 8 year old daughter would like to know if the Rock n Roller Coaster is scary, meaning does it go up really high then down a dip really fast? does it have a loop de loop?

Thanks alot for your help.

http://www.intercot.com/boards/rollsmile.gif

------------------

Piglet822
10-28-2001, 06:03 PM
Yes, the RnRC has 3 inversions and it is a very fast roller coaster. Most of it is in the dark, also. Someone else can undoubtedly explain it to you much better but that's pretty much the logistics of it. Oh yeah, and the loud music. 120 speakers per car blasting Aerosmith. Personally, it's one of my favorites. Hope this helps your little one decide. http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Jeanne
Disney Cruise Line Bus Driver

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.

snmthecloser
10-28-2001, 07:05 PM
If your 8 year old daughter doesn't go on Rock n Roller Coaster than she shouldn't go on Space Mountain. Unless she has serious motion sickness she will love it. It is loud though. http://www.intercot.com/boards/ksmile.gif

------------------
Visits to WDW: 12/01 & 2 Projected for 2001 "This is a very moving moment." "Yeah I wish they would move it to Pittsburgh"
-Muppet*Vision 3D

brer frog
10-28-2001, 07:34 PM
I loved the ride but i had my eyes closed the whole time so it wasn't that bad http://www.intercot.com/boards/wink.gif

------------------
<LI>10/1989 - 5 Years Old - Offsite
<LI>4/1998 - 14 Years Old - Wilderness Camp Ground
<LI>4/2000 - 16 Years Old - Wilderness Camp Ground
<LI>4/2001 - 17 Years Old - Wilderness Camp Ground
<LI>3/2002 - Wilderness Camp Ground (I hope)

last 3 times with boy scouts :)

AIM: frogmn78

ArielLovesTheSea
10-28-2001, 08:06 PM
My favorite ride.....

I depends on how tall she is and if she could handle being thrown around in circles.

Its a great ride though... http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------

starryeyes21
10-28-2001, 08:42 PM
It all depends on what you think your daughter can handle.

The RnRC has no lift hill. It goes from a complete standstill to 70 mph in a matter of seconds. For some kids that would be scary. I have a little brother. He won't go on Space Mountain or Splash Mountain because he's scared of the lift hill. But he loves the RnRC. You just never know what's gonna scare a little kid.

The coaster does have some inversions. A few loops and corkscrews. Nothing really that bad though. The music is the best part. Your so busy having fun that you don't even notice how loud it is.

It is in the dark though. But there is theming everywhere. I think she'll be okay. But if she isn't then she never has to go on it again right?

------------------
Favorite Disney Ride Quotes
"Mam you left your child...oh that's your husband"
-Crannium Command

"And here we have Suzanne Sommers being pulled by a blenderfish"
-The Timekeeper

"Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."
-Tomorrowland Transit Authority

"I have to go be dinner...I mean have dinner with friends"
-Ellen's Energy Adventure

"BRAAAAAAAAAAAKES!!!!!
-Star Tours

Smurf King
10-28-2001, 08:44 PM
Well, I would definetly try to see if she can brace herself. The coaster does have three inversions, not much up down movement, more of turns, but the trains do get launched from 0-60 MPH in 2.8 seconds. That might make yer daughter take a second thought.

------------------
Say NO to trims.

Smurf King
10-28-2001, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starryeyes21:
It all depends on what you think your daughter can handle.

The RnRC has no lift hill. It goes from a complete standstill to 70 mph in a matter of seconds. For some kids that would be scary. I have a little brother. He won't go on Space Mountain or Splash Mountain because he's scared of the lift hill. But he loves the RnRC. You just never know what's gonna scare a little kid.

The coaster does have some inversions. A few loops and corkscrews. Nothing really that bad though. The music is the best part. Your so busy having fun that you don't even notice how loud it is.

It is in the dark though. But there is theming everywhere. I think she'll be okay. But if she isn't then she never has to go on it again right?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, the trains go to 60, not 70. The inversions are not a few loops and corckscrews. Their is only 1 corckscrew and, guess what? Not a single loop. The two inversions you go into ride after the launch is a sidewinder. Kinda like a cobra roll, only twisted around on the last leg of it. So instead of rolling out the way we came, we continue going in the direction in which we launched into it. Hope this clears things up.

------------------
Say NO to trims.

imaprincess!
10-29-2001, 12:07 AM
My 5 year old son got on it and loved it! He was a bit hesitant, but we let him decide for himself. He is big for his age - I believe he's 4 feet tall now and 60 lbs. He also loved Space Mountain, but hated Tower of Terror.

------------------

x
10-29-2001, 12:22 AM
Rock N Roller Coaster is a bit intimidating because as soon as you enter the load area you see the trains launch. This is where most people decide they aren't getting anywhere near the ride. Having worked this attraction I always told anyone who was hesitant to ride that this is the best (first looping) coaster you could ride. It is extremely smooth in the front half of the train and to be honest you'll have a hard time determining when you are upside down. I've asked Guests several times how many times they thought they went upside down and I've heard anywhere from 1-5 :)

You asked about height and drops as well. RNR does not have any intense or steep drops at all. The biggest drop is just a swoop down at an angle and it begins fairly slow and won't take your stomach. It is so dark you never really get a sensation of height.

I hope the little one decides to ride. It's a great coaster.

------------------
Vist www.thrillrideexperience.com (http://www.thrillrideexperience.com) for the latest Central Florida Thrillride news and rumours and check out our brand new discussion boards. (A Levelbest Network Site)

onemouse
10-29-2001, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It is in the dark though. But there is theming everywhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it like Space Mountain, Can't see the track but you can see stars and stuff on the roof & walls?

------------------
Mark

61-01 Disneyland (too many to list-used to live a block away)
84 WDW/offsight
12/01 CBR and AS sports

“Penny for a gumball Mickey? Thanks for the gumball!”

frakers
10-29-2001, 07:04 AM
My nephew was 8 when he first rode it. Now, keep in mind, this is a boy that is scared to death of the Haunted Mansion and won't sit for fireworks. Even though those things scare the daylights out of him, he LOVES the RRC. He has proclaimed it as his favorite ride (I'm honestly shocked). And the blast off.....yes, it took his breath away but he couldn't stop talking about it.
I say all this because, as much as I love the boy, he is the most chicken person I have ever known. Even with that said, he always wants to ride the RRC.

------------------
WDW - 12/01, 7/01, 1/01, 12/00, 10/00, 6/00, 2/00, 12/99, 8/99.....you get the idea. And don't forget WDW's first year!
Disney Magic
Boardwalk Inn
Coronado Springs
Yacht Club
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Dixie Landings
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Disney Institute
Fort Wilderness
More to come......

Doc Marc
10-29-2001, 10:58 AM
I don't think that it is a classically scary coaster, but it is loud and the "take off" is pretty intense.

------------------

minnie-ears
10-29-2001, 12:47 PM
My 7 year old son just rode it last week and loved it. He also loved Space Mountain at the age of 5. Tower of Terrow and RnR has become his all time favorites now.

I think they are a bit scary but it will depend on each child. 7 year old loved it, 13 year old son hated it http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif The launch is the best part, otherwise, you don't really notice your upside down all that much, it all happens to fast http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Sandra
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>DL 6/1982
<LI>DW 5/1999 All-Star Sports
<LI>DW 10/2001 MNSSHP - Port Orleans Riverside
[/list]

DisneyCouple
10-29-2001, 01:52 PM
The first thing you need to realize, Induction Roller Coasters are not the same as the traditional roller coasters. There are no steep inclines to generate the speed. They are operated by series of magnets the change polarity to "launch" the cars. This massive switching of polarity creates and enormous burst of power. Quick turns, high speed, and lighting all add to the effect on the mind. The G-forces you are pulling in the turns do not allow the average brain to interpret what is actually happening.

As for RnRC, it is unfortunate that they let you see the launch. That in no way should deter you from it. Yes you go fast very quickly, but you can prepare yourself for it. Once you get going, it is very dark inside, kind of like Space Mountain. As you approach certain "areas", they become lighted. Due to the speed, lighting, and quick turns, you NEVER realize you are upside down. To put it in perspective, it is the same as the ending part of Test Track...nothing more. Just think of it as a THRILL ride and not a roller coaster.

You'll love it.

------------------

Donald_Quackers
10-29-2001, 02:57 PM
I have to agree with DisneyCouple in regards to telling when you go upside-down. I've ridden several roller coasters, and even I had a tough time, but I really enjoyed the launch. For me, seeing the launch just made me all the more excited to get on it, but that's just me. I think she would enjoy it. Oh, and the music helps, for me anyway, because I like Aerosmith.

------------------
'88(I think) -- Pickett
'00 -- Villas @ Disney Institute
'02 -- Port Orleans Riverside(can't wait)

Jared
10-29-2001, 03:21 PM
The RnRC is an amazing ride, but it is pretty intense. The 3 inversions, with the soundtrack, and oh that launch is so amazing! Make sure you take her on Space Mountain first, maybe also try Dinosaur at the Animal Kingdom. If she handles these 2 OK, and wants to try RnRC, take her on it, and have a great time.

------------------
-Jared
BEWARE OF THE ZOOGS

1/91- 3 years old- Off Site
1/96- 8 years old- Port Orleans
2/00- 12 years old- Off Site
2/01- 13 years old- Off Site
Projected WDW Trips: 5/02 and 12/02 :)

thebdm
10-29-2001, 04:10 PM
It's a great 'coaster' for your first time. I really would recommend it to her, especially if she is fine with space mountain.

------------------

Beach Club Babe
10-29-2001, 04:49 PM
My 8 year old daughter loves it. She is short for her age and this is the first year she was able to ride. She had previously done Space Mt. and TOT and loved them. She was a little hesitant to go on, but she did not want to seem babyish in front of her brother and sister and especially her sister's friend. She got on and absolutely loved it. She insisted that we get right back on and did it several more times throughout the trip.

------------------
July 1999---Yacht Club
July 2000---Yacht Club
August 2001---Beach Club
November 2001---Animal Kindom Lodge
?????---Polynesian
?????---Wilderness Lodge

RainbowBrite5486
10-29-2001, 05:05 PM
~~Unlike Space Mountain, you can see the track all the way through this one. Hope this clears things up a little bit...

------------------
Jewelz
RainbowBrite5486
E-mail me!! :)

**9 Times and Counting!**

I miss Figgy!! Waaahhhhhh!!

It's a zip-a-dee-do-dah TIP FOR TODAY!!

NJDad
10-30-2001, 06:06 AM
Let me add my eight year old daughter to the list of kids who love this ride...we also had trouble figuring out how many loops there are. She rode it 8 times in one day...the CM recognized her after a while and kept saying AGAIN!?! Time we rode in front, my eyes watered we were going so fast.

My wife rode once. Will never ride again. Only such ride for her at Disney.

------------------

Piglet822
10-30-2001, 09:24 AM
I don't know if they still have it, the info may even be on this site, but there used to a be a t-shirt in the gift shop that had the details of the ride on the back. IE, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, 3 inversions, the length of the track, etc. Maybe this would help her. It really is a neat ride though. My husband hates roller coasters but he loves this one. Of course he's not 8 years old, LOL.
Let us know what your daughter decides.

------------------
Jeanne
Disney Cruise Line Bus Driver

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.

married2wdwnut
10-30-2001, 12:58 PM
Oh my goodness thank you all so very much for all the great responses, my daughter is at school right now but when she gets back I'll have her read all the wonderful advice and let her decide for herself.

Thanks again, this is really the most helpful Disney website. I LOVE Intercot and have used it for all our vacation planning, we will be leaving at the end of this week.

------------------

Timbo
11-01-2001, 01:42 PM
I am a self-proclaimed "scaredycat" when it comes to roller coasters and such. Heck, I only just rode the two SMs this past May, at 31 years old...that's how long it took me to get past my fears.

So, this past Monday, my DW convinced me to at least get in line with her for RnRC. The line moved so fast, that the next thing I knew we were THERE. I broke out in sweats, coughing, tripping over my own feet, making all sorts of excuses. I mean, hey, I had read all about it on Intercot, I knew what this attraction was all about...so there was no way I was going to ride it. The next thing I know, I'm being seated and the pulling the safety bar down, and being shot into the dark from a completely stopped position.

Long story made short...this is now one of my favorite attractions at WDW...I look forward to riding again.

But mark my words...there is no way anyone will EVER get me on ToT.

------------------
Next visit: October 28-31, 2001

"A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you..."