PDA

View Full Version : Barber Shop in MK????????

Nuts4Disney
02-12-2002, 11:02 AM
I understand that there is a barber shop in MK.
I have a couple questions....
:confused:

Where is it?
How much is it?
Are the lines very long, is there a good time?

Our 17 months old little boy, Connor, needs a first hair cut and how cute but to get it done then at our favorite place on earth.

Thank you for any information. graemlins/mickey.gif

Holly

TiggerRPh
02-12-2002, 11:24 AM
The "Harmony Barbershop" was moved to the front of the park. They are currently just to the left of the Emporium as you enter Town Square from the park entrance.

There usually isn't a long wait...if there is a wait at all. They can be very entertaining. Our youngest son got his first haircut there.

I don't know what the current cost is.

MNNHFLTX
02-12-2002, 11:43 AM
I haven't been to the Barber Shop since it moved, but before it moved we went there a couple of times (always helps that my husband and son usually need a haircut right around the time we go to WDW!) Anyway, if it's anything like it used to be there can get to be quite a wait later in the day. What I would recommend is to go there first thing in the morning. However, I can understand that there might not be the patience for this the first day you're in the Magic Kingdom, so if you can go back on a day where you can get a haircut in the morning you will find it much quicker.

The people cutting hair there (which include women as well as men) are wonderful to kids and very entertaining. Make sure and bring your camera--when your son is done with his haircut they will put Mouse Ears on him with the words "1st Haircut" on it, so you can take a picture.

The price for a haircut used to be $12 for children and $15 for adults. I'm not sure if it's the same now.

Have fun! graemlins/mickey.gif

frakers
02-12-2002, 11:51 AM
I go to the barber shop every trip to WDW. I seem to time my trips to coincide with my haircut time. I'll be getting my next one on the 21st of this month.
Yes, it is now located next to the firestation in the front of Main Street. I was not happy to see it move. It was so nice when it sat at the end of the quiet alley. Fewer people knew about it and it was less crowded. As for crowds now, it can build up if you wait too long into the day. The best bet, as MNNHFL said, is to go first thing.
The prices are still $12 for kids, $15 for adults.
It is definitely a neat thing to do and they give a really good cut, too. And the children always seem to have a great time. I don't know how many first hair cuts I've seen done there, but I have yet to see or hear a child cry.
A bit of trivia about the barber shop....It has the only non-electric cash register in all of Disney. Just in keeping with the authenticity.

[ February 12, 2002, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: frakers ]

CJDDS
02-12-2002, 06:55 PM
I got a hair cut there in 1983 when it was located at the end of that side alley. A lot of people walked by but very few realized that it was a real barber shop until I got my hair cut there. Somewhere across the US and maybe around the world there must be pictures of me getting my haircut in various vacation albumns by a barber with huge scissors and comb. It was great fun and now I think I'll have to do it again this year. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Nuts4Disney
02-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Thank you all for the feed back. We definitely are planning doing this. I'll try to post a picture. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Thanks again.

Holly

OHIcOaster
02-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know if they offer clean shaves? That would be great.

delarosa
02-13-2002, 08:23 PM
If you mean an old fashion hot shave, then no. They discontinued doing them a few years back. :( I wish they still did them, my boyfriend really wanted to do that on our upcoming trip.

OHIcOaster
02-13-2002, 11:04 PM
Thank you for the info delarosa. Yes, I meant the hot straight razor shaves. I too thought that it would be nice to have one in the Magic Kingdom on my next trip. I guess a hot wash cloth and my Mach 3 will have to do. :D