PDA

View Full Version : Sick on Body Wars?

jcrb
03-08-2002, 12:46 AM
Does anyone get sick on body wars?

fngoofy
03-08-2002, 01:28 AM
Not sick but a little queezy, the ventilation could be a little better and the ride a minute shorter. I was amazed at the state of pavillion that houses body wars.

We were down last May and thought that it looked rather shabby. I would bet that real estate is next on the list for a makeover, a la Mission Space.

TiggerRPh
03-08-2002, 08:21 AM
I'm moving this to Theme Parks where you might get "healthier" response.

Please gather all personal belongings and grab small children by the hand....everyone ready?

Disney2002
03-08-2002, 08:51 AM
I'd say body wars is high on the sickness factor.... i think it's not any rougher than star tours... but the bloodstream visuals... kind of gross.

G
03-08-2002, 09:00 AM
There will be no more Body wars for me. I have not lost my cookies yet, but I felt like I was very close. It took me half the day to get over the nausa feeling. graemlins/ack.gif

pipanale
03-08-2002, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't say I get sick, but annoyingly queasy fits better. I think I've given up on it though. I don'y need to feel off for about a half hour after going to see Elizabeth Shue in that silly little space suit. After seeing Leaving Las Vegas, there's little mystery to her anymore.

If they revamped it or updated the movie maybe I'd go back. I feel the same way about Star Tours, and I'm right on the fringe of needing professional help when it comes to my Star Wars delusions.

Dawn S
03-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Personally, I never had a problem with it, but I can see where someone with a sensitive stomach would have a possibility of problems. I'm sure that some people have had ill effects (pun intended). graemlins/sick.gif

faline
03-08-2002, 11:37 AM
There are times when I venture on this one solo. DH gets motion sickness on this one and on Star Tours also.

WDWaddict
03-08-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by G:
There will be no more Body wars for me. I have not lost my cookies yet, but I felt like I was very close. It took me half the day to get over the nausa feeling. graemlins/ack.gif My words exactly. On a motion sickness scale I would rate this ride a solid 9. graemlins/ack.gif

Sportster
03-08-2002, 12:18 PM
I cannot handle any of the simulator type rides, Body Wars, Star Tours, Back to the Future (US). I have never gotten seasick, carsick or airsick. But put me on a simulator or ride that spins and hoo-boy!! It's funny, one year I'm having funtaking the kids on these rides and I'm fine. The following year (I think it's the 30 yr old syndrome)I'm no good...done.. graemlins/ack.gif graemlins/sick.gif ...can't do these rides anymore. I don't know what it is!

Daveyk
03-08-2002, 12:20 PM
I get motion sickness fairly easily, and this one is terrible for me. I've been on it maybe a half dozen times and the result is alwasy discomfort.

Funny thing, though, Star Tours doesn't have the same effect on me (though the sequence in the ice crystals does bother me).

Tavel
03-08-2002, 12:24 PM
While I never get sick from rides, this one definately gave me a queasy feeling. I'll pass on it the next time.

SarahB
03-08-2002, 12:31 PM
I can handle the biggest roller coasters in Flroda, no sweat. And Star Tours is a breeze. But when it comes to Body Wars, count me out.

I have heard that motion sickness on simulator rides is correlated with how well the visuals and the "motion" match up. In Body Wars, I feel totally disoriented. I cannot tell where we are going, or what exactly is going on. And there is that persistent heartbeat, as well as a constant swaying...ughhhh. Never again.

Anyone who is the least bit sensitive to motion sickness should absolutely avoid this attraction.

Gotta Love the TTA
03-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Goes to prove how different we all are.

I LOVE both the motion simulator rides graemlins/thumbsup.gif , but can see how easy it is to get graemlins/sick.gif .

On the other hand, I am a definite "no go" on ToT or RnRC. I don't do drops. graemlins/nono.gif Not real ones, at least. Give me fantasy every time.

WDW is not "Survivor". You won't let down the team if you sit one out.

Rob Udo
03-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Blahh... thats what I say..
98.6 degrees.... not in mid-summer with a bunch of sweaty people in the ride. I find that the ride that I get the worst feeling in my stomach from.

Funny this came up.. I was just telling my friends that I would like to sit-out on that one on my next trip March 13-16

smile.gif rob :confused:

wendy*darling
03-08-2002, 01:54 PM
I can't handle either Body Wars or Star Tours...

BUT there's good news for everyone...

You can see the same movie in a "flight check" room. Ask a CM as you enter the queue. This room runs the movie, but there is no movement. It's perfect. That way you don't feel left out of the experience, AND you don't have to fight that yucky feeling for hours afterward.

Also, the reason Body Wars seems to affect more people negatively is the colors. Star Tours uses more blues (calming), but Body Wars is mostly in oranges and reds which are very jarring on the system. Both simulators move in the same way- it's really a visual thing.

Don't forget- ask for a "Flight Check"

disneyismagic
03-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I can handle any ride at Disney except for Body Wars. I informed my family after my one and only time that I would sit that ride out in the future. Star Tours is great so it must be something with the visual journey. graemlins/crazy.gif

Jared
03-08-2002, 08:28 PM
More people definitely get sick on Body Wars than Star Tours, not because of the actual movements of the ride, but the sheer subject matter just makes people graemlins/sick.gif

PawleyPlatoon
03-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Body Wars is definitely worse than Star Tours.

I rode Body Wars ONCE on the morning we were to fly home that afternoon. Took me 2 days to get over it. If I could have thrown up I would have been much better off. graemlins/sick.gif

JenniBarra
03-08-2002, 09:34 PM
You count me in on the Body-Wars-makes-me-queasy poll! I think the problem is that the motion and visuals don't synch up well. I've heard it said that there's a constant motion to represent the pulse. You can hear the heartbeat sound, but that doesn't help you *visually*.

Anyway, I agree with what has already been said about inquiring about flight checks. I haven't done it yet on Body Wars, but I have done this with Star Tours.

imthemom
03-09-2002, 09:30 AM
All the simulator rides make me queasy so I avoid them. I think it has something to do with your inner ear. Maybe taking a Dramamine a few hours before riding would help. Of course, you would want to take the non-drowsy kind. graemlins/sleepin.gif

SpecJoe Magic
03-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Body Wars does not bother me, but it use to make my sister sick because of the nature of the film material. I have not ridden Body Wars in years simply because I do not care much for it. The wait time for it has dropped over the years due to its decreasing popularity. I think that this is one attraction that WDI is seriously considering replacing.