PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea Menu

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-05-2024, 09:43 PM
I know that tea at the GF hasn't come back since Covid (boo!), but we are planning an afternoon tea for my daughter's wedding shower, and I know in her mind, she's thinking back to the lovely times we had at the GF tea room.

So, can anyone help me put together the menu? I remember:
- there was a sandwich course (egg, cucumber, chicken salad?)
- there was a cheese and fruit plate (I remember the sage cheese, what else was there?)
- there was an onion tart, and a scone with clotted cream, lemon and jam
- there were desserts ... something and strawberries and creme?

I'm hoping to recreate this ... so any details are welcome. :)

BriarRose0708
04-08-2024, 09:46 AM
I found a website with this information:

The Berkshire Tea:
1st Course: North American Caviar with Traditional Accompaniments
2nd Course: Medley of Finger Sandwiches: Tantalizing Cucumber, Sweet Curry Chicken, Traditional Egg Salad, and Fire Roasted Tomato with Oregano Goat Cheese
3rd Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart
Finale: Choice of Dessert House-made Pastries: Mousse filled Swan, French Macaroon, and Chocolate Covered Strawberry or Freshly Cut Strawberries topped with Hand Whipped Creme or Seasonal English Trifle

The Cheshire Tea:
1st Course: Selection of Exotic Fruits and Imported Cheeses
2nd Course: Medley of Finger Sandwiches: Tantalizing Cucumber, Sweet Curry Chicken, Traditional Egg Salad, and Fire Roasted Tomato with Oregano Goat Cheese
3rd Course: Buttery Scone and Jam Tart
Finale: Choice of Dessert House-made Pastries: Mousse filled Swan, French Macaroon, and Chocolate Covered Strawberry or Freshly Cut Strawberries topped with Hand Whipped Creme or Seasonal English Trifle

this sounds like such a fun shower idea!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-12-2024, 10:50 PM
That is better than the menu I could find! Thank you.

It was so cute, my aunt kept telling about all of the times she's been to tea in this castle or that castle (she's travelled to England and Scotland many times) and I'm thinking "that's cool, but we want the Grand Floridian tea." :)