PDA

View Full Version : Any one still here?

BrerKevin
09-09-2023, 11:01 PM
Any one still here?

PopPhan
09-10-2023, 01:39 AM
Still a stalwart few. Most catch up on Facebook, Instagram, or the other 'quick bite' media outlets.

faline
09-10-2023, 12:26 PM
I'm here.

1DisneyNut
09-11-2023, 08:54 AM
There are still a number of us checking in every day. I prefer the forum format over trying to dig through all the social media mess. The biggest perk with forums is they are arranged with categories and you can easily search and find answers.

John
09-11-2023, 11:05 AM
Hello there - yes. We are in the final stages of a whole new website and discussion boards that also integrate with the news we post. Goal is realistically to have it moved over by the end of the year and power this server off.

Things are looking good - it's sifting through content and updating that will take a while. Also, we'll probably prune down the boards and number of forums to keep things tighter.

Reality is a lot of our thunder was stolen by social media so we are trying to adapt while serving loyal dedicated followers at the same time. It's tough being online 26 years ;)

phillydan
09-12-2023, 02:57 PM
Hello - not here everyday, but still stopping in.

bleen3162
09-12-2023, 11:21 PM
I'm still here too! Like visiting with an old friend!

mickclub1955
09-19-2023, 05:23 PM
Still Here!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-20-2023, 07:18 PM
Still here and still grateful for all of the advice, and all of the friendships!

AmericanDreams
09-26-2023, 03:05 PM
If there is to be an Intercot discussion renaissance, I'd love to be part of it!

JPPT1974
09-27-2023, 11:35 PM
Hey I am here. Not here every single day. But do pop on in.

sorcerer fan
10-06-2023, 12:34 PM
I'm here too

Maleficent's Dad
10-07-2023, 04:45 PM
I still check in here, but don't post much of anything anywhere any longer... It is a social media game, with the so-called "influencers" and b/vloggers taking center stage. Amazing how they get onto and into everything on day 1, while us normal folks are shut out.

Just wanted to welcome John & company back onto Twitter (X) after that technological fiasco!

Disney-4-Me
10-14-2023, 11:33 PM
I'm still here too. I don't check in daily like I used to. I miss reading the trip reports. They used to help me a LOT when I was planning a trip.

missymouseworld
10-15-2023, 06:26 AM
Look at the site every day, and now as I recover from foot surgery, I am spending much more time here. Thanks for the trip reports recently. Looking forward to the new and improved site soon!

BriarRose0708
10-16-2023, 12:14 PM
I'm here and posting trip reports from earlier this month!

azcavalier
11-15-2023, 09:02 AM
Rarely. I think this is the first time I've been on here for some time. I don't do much on social media, either, anymore. I got tired of people politicizing *everything*. The Disney boards I frequented once upon a time feel like ghost towns now.

But, I'm interested to see what the new site looks like!

Anthony
11-15-2023, 09:18 AM
LOL, just came back to check to see if my old forum was still kicking.

PopPhan
11-15-2023, 10:17 AM
LOL, just came back to check to see if my old forum was still kicking.

So, "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in" LOL

TheVBs
12-22-2023, 03:10 PM
Haven't been on here in ages. Used a couple social media groups to plan our recent trip. Definitely not something I prefer over the forum format. Without a doubt social media has had it's impact, but what also had a huge impact, and continues to go unaddressed here, is how ugly things got here in recent years. I saw some very benign comments deleted, and some really horrifically ugly ones allowed to stand. People interacting in a more intimate forum need to feel that the moderating is solid. And I'm saying this acknowledging that moderating is not an easy job, and it's typically thankless. Although, when this site was very active, people were great about expressing appreciation for the moderators. John, can you give us some insight on what the moderating will look like on the new site? I think it may be hard to draw people back if this topic isn't openly addressed.

1DisneyNut
12-26-2023, 08:40 AM
Haven't been on here in ages. Used a couple social media groups to plan our recent trip. Definitely not something I prefer over the forum format. Without a doubt social media has had it's impact, but what also had a huge impact, and continues to go unaddressed here, is how ugly things got here in recent years. I saw some very benign comments deleted, and some really horrifically ugly ones allowed to stand. People interacting in a more intimate forum need to feel that the moderating is solid. And I'm saying this acknowledging that moderating is not an easy job, and it's typically thankless. Although, when this site was very active, people were great about expressing appreciation for the moderators. John, can you give us some insight on what the moderating will look like on the new site? I think it may be hard to draw people back if this topic isn't openly addressed.

Believe it or not, all the same comments are posted on social media as well. They just have automatic software that flags a lot of it and prevents it from showing and then they also have a substantial paid staff that reviews flagged content and takes it down quickly.

I used to be a moderator on a couple of forums and it was almost constant nonsense at times. We would take down posts and then the poster would go on a tear posting garbage everywhere. They were often just there to start trouble for their own entertainment or perhaps were there to push some sort of agenda and we would have to ban them. They just come back with a new user name and start again though. Moderating a forum is not easy like you would think.

You also have to keep in mind, we had quite a bit of social issues all happening over the past few years that caused a divide and gave everyone plenty of things to disagree about. It did not take but just a few posts in a thread and it would devolve into basically what equated to a forums version of a bar fight. lol

JPPT1974
12-27-2023, 01:46 PM
I am here but not on it as I should be. But love Disney as well as everybody else on here. Maybe more than I could ever love. But yes still on here.

MrPeetrie
03-04-2024, 02:56 PM
Im here

eandrsmom
04-19-2024, 08:21 AM
I'm here, but not nearly as often as I once was. As our kids have grown older, we don't visit as often as we once did.