PDA

View Full Version : universal requiring documentation for accessibility pass

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-02-2023, 09:10 AM
I wanted to share that Universal has changed their policy/process for obtaining an access pass, which takes some advance planning and work.

From the Universal site: "Guests requesting an attraction queue accommodation must obtain the IBCCES Individual Accessibility Card (IAC) by registering at www.accessibilitycard.org prior to their visit to the park. The IAC registration consists of an online application which includes uploading necessary documentation."

All of the details can be found at: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/accessibility-information

PopPhan
08-02-2023, 11:34 AM
I am actually surprised that USO is doing this before Disney!

Disney4us2
08-03-2023, 04:42 AM
I don’t like this new system. I was at the doctor yesterday for a follow up and for the documentation that I need for the card. It will be easy once I’m in the system. This was implemented to cut it out for those who abuse the system of the AAP. At Universal it is sort of like an express pass. If the wait is less than 30 minutes you can go into the express line. Thirty minutes or greater, you are given a return time. It’s usually 10 minutes less than the standby line wait time. Then you go back, it’s checked off and you go through the express line.

I hope Disney keeps things the way they are right now. If not I’ll be in the system already.

Cinderelley
08-05-2023, 12:42 AM
I would like it if Disney did this. That way patients could be in the system and not have to repeat the same thing for every visit.

JPPT1974
08-17-2023, 10:30 PM
I have a nephew who is or has Cerebral Palsy and is in a wheelchair. So it could really be for a benefit for him and others like him.

Disney4us2
08-24-2023, 04:47 PM
I finally finished the process. It was easy and I was approved in just a couple of days. It’s good for one year.