PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations

nicholsbears
05-30-2023, 10:45 AM
How early in the Christmas season do campers start to decorate their campsites? We've heard so much about it that we're thinking about spending a whole evening there touring the sites. Thanks for the info.

faline
05-30-2023, 02:26 PM
I"m not sure how early folks who are camping set up their decorations but I do know that some folks set up some pretty extravagant displays.

1DisneyNut
05-31-2023, 01:16 PM
I haven't been to Fort Wilderness in a while but in the past, they typically start around Thanksgiving.

John
05-31-2023, 01:31 PM
I was going to say - I haven't done fort wilderness except once - and that was tent camping (big mistake that end up in us getting a hotel instead) - but I've seen Christmas stuff at the resort rooms as early as Thanksgiving. Not sure how someone affords staying that long but more power to them!

That said - if you are planning a tour to see decorations, I do it no more than a couple weeks out...

Jll3Sonex
12-12-2023, 11:33 PM
We spent some time at Ft. Wilderness at the beginning of November.

So I can state with certainty that people had Christmas stuff out on 1 November. Perhaps nothing as extensive as it'll be later, but there were quite a few inflatables in our loop. (And we had one also - a Buc-ee's Beaver in a Santa hat, saw it on the way down and couldn't resist. Not Disney IP, but it was surprising how many kids went "Buckee!" when they passed it...)