PDA

View Full Version : Ten Favorite Attractions, All Time

theyalsoran
01-26-2023, 02:23 PM
I'm sure this has been done before...but I beg your patience. I asked a question of this nature on one of the Disney World subrreddits and got some fascinating responses, so I thought I'd try it out here. II think its fascinating; t's been years since I engaged the wider WDW community, so there's a whole generation of fans out there that never even had a chance to ride some of the classic stuff like Mr. Toad o Dreamflight.

Basically, can you rank your top 10 Disney World attractions? This can include rides that have since been shuttered (such as Horizons), or an earlier version of an existing attraction (such as the Irons version of Spaceship Earth).

When I get the answers between Reddit and Intercot collated, I'd be happy to post them here.

Incidentally, my picks would be...

1. (Original) Journey into Imagination
2. Horizons
3. Spaceship Earth (my favorite was the Irons version, but Cronkite was great too)
4. Space Mountain
5. Soarin'
6. Avatar: Flight of Passage
7. Tower of Terror
8. Haunted Mansion
9. Impressions de France
10. Finding Nemo: the Musical

honorable mentions to Peoplemover, Dreamflight, Living with the Land, and Expedition: Everest.

John
01-26-2023, 04:46 PM
I'm sure this has been done before...but I beg your patience. I asked a question of this nature on one of the Disney World subrreddits and got some fascinating responses, so I thought I'd try it out here. II think its fascinating; t's been years since I engaged the wider WDW community, so there's a whole generation of fans out there that never even had a chance to ride some of the classic stuff like Mr. Toad o Dreamflight.

Basically, can you rank your top 10 Disney World attractions? This can include rides that have since been shuttered (such as Horizons), or an earlier version of an existing attraction (such as the Irons version of Spaceship Earth).

When I get the answers between Reddit and Intercot collated, I'd be happy to post them here.

Incidentally, my picks would be...

1. (Original) Journey into Imagination
2. Horizons
3. Spaceship Earth (my favorite was the Irons version, but Cronkite was great too)
4. Space Mountain
5. Soarin'
6. Avatar: Flight of Passage
7. Tower of Terror
8. Haunted Mansion
9. Impressions de France
10. Finding Nemo: the Musical

honorable mentions to Peoplemover, Dreamflight, Living with the Land, and Expedition: Everest.

This would be a great podcast topic :)

Cinderelley
01-27-2023, 04:27 AM
1. Pirates of the Caribbean (Disneyland more than Disney World)
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Splash Mountain
4. Primeval Whirl
5. Soarin'
6. Kali River Rapids
7. Toy Story Midway Mania
8. Radiator Springs Racers
9. Peter Pan
10. Haunted Mansion

Man that was hard. I might choose differently on a different day. There are a lot of really close runners up.

Cinderelley
01-27-2023, 04:33 AM
Oh I didn't see that you included a show in there. Festival of the Lion King would definitely be an honorable mention for me. Also Buzz Lightyear, Mad Tea Party, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flight of Passage, Grizzly River Run, Star Tours, Back Lot Tour and Maelstrom. Can we throw the Adventurer's Club in also? It isn't a ride, but I really miss it.

And just in case we can add fireworks shows - Wishes. I definitely miss Wishes.

Nikko's Mimi
01-27-2023, 08:32 AM
What Fun & so many choices!

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Sorin'
3. Toy Story Mania
4 Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Festival of the Lion King
6. The Great Movie Ride
7. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
8. Cars Ride in Disneyland
9. Peter Pan
10. Just walking down Main Street (Especially the first time taking my children the expression on their faces I will treasure forever)!

PopPhan
01-27-2023, 11:56 AM
In that this seems to be your first post here, I would like to :welcome: you to the INTERCOT family!!!

I can't give you good answers because I am a relative 'newbie' to WDW, only having started visiting in 2003. A lot of the more popular attractions had already closed/been replaced before my first visit.

I AM looking forward to reading the answers you receive.

theyalsoran
01-27-2023, 02:07 PM
In that this seems to be your first post here, I would like to :welcome: you to the INTERCOT family!!!

I can't give you good answers because I am a relative 'newbie' to WDW, only having started visiting in 2003. A lot of the more popular attractions had already closed/been replaced before my first visit.

I AM looking forward to reading the answers you receive.

Newbie or not, your thoughts on this subject still matter! Feel free to chime in just the same.

I'm more like a reconstructed newbie. I posted here as Ringorules many years ago, but not very often, and under an obsolete email address, so I couldn't recover my account.

Park Hopper
01-27-2023, 02:11 PM
These have changed as I get older and depend upon my current level of nostalgia. But:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Soarin' (the original - distortions not as noticeable version)
3. Rise of the Resistance
4. Horizons
5. World of Motion
6. Spaceship Earth
7. Tower of Terror
8. Peter Pan
9. Runaway Railway
10. Tapestry of Nations Parade

Honorable mention (and ones that could be on that list, depending upon my mood): Haunted Mansion, Kilimanjaro Safari, Flight of Passage, Big Thunder, Dinosaur, Na'vi River Journey, Festival of the Lion King, the American Adventure, and Finding Nemo (the show)

OfficeNut
01-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Hmm this is hard one so many good ones... my list is probably pretty dark ride heavy. That's where the nostalgia kicks in for me. But I think about it in terms of which rides would I be really bummed out if I couldn't get on at least once, if not multiple times...

2. Haunted Mansion
3. Spaceship Earth (Cronkite version)
4. Flight of Passage
5. Horizons
6. Soarin' (original version)
7. The Great Movie Ride
8. Big Thunder Mountain
9. Peter Pan
10. Radiator Springs Racers / Test Track (pretty interchangeable just depends on which park I'm in)

If I could only see one firework show again, it would probably be Illuminations, followed closely by Wishes.

PopPhan
01-30-2023, 10:18 PM
Newbie or not, your thoughts on this subject still matter! Feel free to chime in just the same.

I'm more like a reconstructed newbie. I posted here as Ringorules many years ago, but not very often, and under an obsolete email address, so I couldn't recover my account.

Okay, then...Let me start out with 4 'retired' 'shows:'

1 -- Wishes
2 -- SpectroMagic
3 -- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
4 -- Tarzan Rocks!

The first 3 were some of my fondest memories from my first trips back in the early 2000's. The music and the stories really touched me....Much more than the current offerings.

#4 was just a high-energy show with great music. The unfortunate part of it was the 'outdoor' ampitheater. It just got too hot and humid to sit in the theater too often.

Current attractions include, but are not limited to:

5 -- Soarin' If you can get in the middle (B) 'glider,' it is a great show, in both its original and current configurations. On either side, it can suffer a bit from the screen distortions.
6 -- Kilimanjaro Safari Love the animals. Period. End of story. LOL
7 -- Test Track Although I prefer the original version, which had an actual 'storyline,' either configuration is fun.
8 -- Rise of the Resistance I do enjoy Star Wars, and when this attraction is operating at 100%, it is a fun and enjoyable foray into that 'land.'
9 -- Avatar: Flight of Passage The feeling of riding the Banshee, with the effects produced on the ride vehicle, gets me every time.
10 -- Tie: Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion These 3 just 'speak' Disney to me and will always hold a special place in my heart.

I have yet to ride 'Guardians' and 'Tron" doesn't open for a couple months yet, so they MAY be additions to this list, but we shall see...

sorcerer fan
02-09-2023, 12:17 PM
Rise of the resistance, Flight of passage, Tapestry of nations( loved the drums), Spaceship Earth ( Irons), World of motion, Timekeeper( a great Robin Williams), Alien encounter( was a great shock when you thought the blood hit you), Journey into Imagination ( figment original)carosel of progress( first saw it at the worlds fair in New York in 1965) ,Soaring ( original)

Relly miss spectomagic parade, illuminations, and the train ride around the campground

JPPT1974
02-15-2023, 10:45 PM
Been nearly a decade in the fall since we went to Disney World...But Here Is My List However:

1. Space Mountain
2. Soaring
3. Thunder Mountain
4. Tea Cups
5. Peter Pan
6. Tomorrowland
7. Dumbo
8. Epcot Center Chevy Ride Test Track Ride
9. It's a Small World
10. Tower of Terror

azcavalier
02-16-2023, 04:00 PM
Hmmm....that's harder than it sounds. Here's my list.

1. Soarin' (Over California)
2. Splash Mountain
3. Haunted Mansion
4. Rockin' Roller Coaster
5. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
6. Spaceship Earth (Jeremy Irons version)
7. The Three Caballeros Gran Fiesta Tour (I know)
8. Kilimanjaro Safaris
9. Great Movie Ride
10. Grizzly River Run

villavic
03-24-2023, 12:03 PM
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Soarin’ Around the World
4. Avatar: Flight of Passage
5. Haunted Mansion
6. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
7. It’s a Small World
8. Spaceship Earth
9. Country Bear Jamboree
10. Mickey's PhilharMagic

And yes. IF you count as an “attraction”, I love walking along Main Street.
I’ve not been in Galaxy’s Edge, but since I’m a Star Wars fan, I know this list will change in the (hope near) future.