PDA

View Full Version : DAS for autism

Cinderelley
12-11-2022, 05:53 AM
The 6 year old who will be going with us is on the autism spectrum. How is DAS working now for autism?

Disney4us2
12-11-2022, 09:36 AM
Basically the same as before. You can go to a guest umbrella instead of guest services. Much easier. The umbrellas are scattered throughout the park. If you have the app on your phone. Once you use your selection, you can choose another one. Makes it easier than going to each attraction to get a return time.

Cinderelley
12-12-2022, 08:30 AM
Thank you. I can't wait to see the little ones get excited about the trip. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-17-2022, 04:01 PM
In addition to Marci's comments, if you can, I highly recommend that you pre-register for the DAS before arriving at the park (this link has all the details: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/disability-access-service/register/)

Once registered, it will allow you to pre-select 2 DAS attractions each day, you have to use them within the return times given, but they can help ensure you get to do some of your "must-do" attractions.

I just remembered that this is likely a surprise trip, but you can still pre-register, you will just need the child to come to the computer to get their photo taken, they don't have to be right with you when chatting with the Disney cast member.

Cinderelley
12-18-2022, 04:30 AM
In addition to Marci's comments, if you can, I highly recommend that you pre-register for the DAS before arriving at the park (this link has all the details: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/disability-access-service/register/)

Once registered, it will allow you to pre-select 2 DAS attractions each day, you have to use them within the return times given, but they can help ensure you get to do some of your "must-do" attractions.

I just remembered that this is likely a surprise trip, but you can still pre-register, you will just need the child to come to the computer to get their photo taken, they don't have to be right with you when chatting with the Disney cast member.

Thank you for that information. I'm sure her mom can come up with some excuse to get her picture taken. I will have to have a sit down talk with her mom to see what rides she might not be able to tolerate. That way we are sure they pick 2 rides each day that will work for them.