PDA

View Full Version : April birthday trip

Katzateer
05-13-2022, 02:28 PM
Just back from 9 nights at Pop. Had a 10 day one park per day ticket and visited the parks everyday. Highlights were space 220, new Remys ride and Runaway Railroad. I really enjoyed the Star Wars area at the studios and the Mickey Short movie at studios is so much fun! Love the spaceship earth nighttime lights. The new Connections at Epcot is very nice also. The new nighttime show at MK is growing on me and nice to see parade back in afternoon.

Katzateer
05-13-2022, 02:33 PM
The weather was perfect the first 5 days then got horribly hot the last few days. The only thing that was extremely disappointing was once you pick your park day and get your reservation made be prepared to no flexibility. The parks were all booked or maybe just one park opened up when I tryed to change my park choice for the day. It was the most busy I have ever seen at WDW for that time of year ( last part of April/first few days of May.). Lots of foreign travelers since international traveling is possible again. I have been going that week for over 20 years and I just couldn't believe the crowds .

Katzateer
05-13-2022, 02:38 PM
Pop was great and the cast members are doing a good job. It is a little irritating to be paying more for a value resort and basically get no perks but I don't see housekeeping going back to precovid routines. I think after 5 night you should be able to expect a change of linens and a room clean but being a single traveler I just switched beds after 5 nights and slept in the other bed the last 4. Gathering my own towels and trash ..........it was so nice to visit the parks and I missed my favorite - the Studios away 3 years since my last visit to that park.

faline
05-19-2022, 03:48 PM
What a nice long visit! Glad you got to see some new things on your trip.