PDA

View Full Version : Charging to the room on your final day

FiggyFan
02-20-2022, 07:45 PM
We just returned from a trip, staying on property, and had an unexpected, unpleasant surprise. While trying to buy lunch at the park on our last day, I was told that I did not have charging privileges. Apparently, charging was shut off at 11:00 AM, the check-out time. The cast member told me that a number of people had the same experience. On past trips, charging worked for the entire final day, and I received a supplemental bill for that day's charges.

Is this new policy, or just a short term glitch in the system?

1DisneyNut
02-21-2022, 05:54 PM
I have had it happen numerous times over the past several years. Once I was checked out from the room, the charging privileges were gone. No big deal, I just pull out a card and pay but it would be nice to know one way or the other whether it was going to still work or not rather than being irritated. It is WDW though, sometimes things work, sometimes they don't and when they get it all working about halfway decent, they find a cheaper way to do something or take something away and mess it all up again. lol

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-24-2022, 10:22 AM
I've had charging glitches happen over the years. The most frustrating was when we added on a night at Fort Wilderness and when we checked out of the first room, room charging stopped for that room, AND since they didn't add it correctly to the new room we were out of luck.

However, this seems to be a glitch. According to the Credit Card Authorization Policy, charging privileges are supposed to last until the end of the check-out day (the whole thing is here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/payment-card-policy/) if you want to read it.

brownie
02-27-2022, 09:16 AM
We've never had this happen to us, though with a credit card tied to our MagicBands I don't think we've really been charging to our room on our last few trips.

FiggyFan
02-27-2022, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I am hoping that this works on our next trip.

1DisneyNut
02-28-2022, 08:57 AM
We've never had this happen to us, though with a credit card tied to our MagicBands I don't think we've really been charging to our room on our last few trips.

I don't think you can use the Magicband for purchases unless you are registered as a guest at an onsite resort. The credit card is linked to the Magicband through your resort not through MDE unless they have changed that very recently.