PDA

View Full Version : How early should we be at MK

Zeike
02-12-2022, 05:51 AM
Hi all, we will get a chance for a one day MK visit on the 18th feb. How early should we be at the park ? Park times for that day is 9-10 pm. Does mainstreet opens earlier ? Thanks for the advice,

mickclub1955
02-12-2022, 12:52 PM
We stayed at the resort and park entry was at 8:30, but they did let us in early. There were lots of people already there. They were checking bands and tickets to make sure that we were resort guest at the Tomorrowland entry. Everyone else was in the HUB area. I would get there as early as possible. The Magic Kingdom always seems to be the busiest park. I am not an advocate to Genie+ but it did come in handy for individual Lightening Lane and some Lightening Lane options.

faline
02-12-2022, 01:09 PM
If you are not staying at an eligible resort and thus, not eligible for early entry, the earliest they will let you into the park is at stated park opening. Since they started the 1/2 hour early entry program, all others are held outside the turnstyles or in designated areas just within the turnstyles, depending on the park.

azcavalier
02-20-2022, 08:55 AM
I am not an advocate to Genie+ but it did come in handy for individual Lightening Lane and some Lightening Lane options.

To be clear, you do not need to purchase Genie+ to purchase the Individual Lightning Lanes.

Our goal is usually to be there at least an hour before the park "opens". What they seem to be doing is letting people through the ticket stiles about 30 minutes before open, but then hold you at certain points until opening time.

TheVBs
02-20-2022, 09:37 AM
Is the 30 minute early entry every day at every park for resort guests?

PopPhan
02-20-2022, 09:43 AM
Is the 30 minute early entry every day at every park for resort guests?

Currently, yes....For your 'reserved' park.

RunDMV
02-20-2022, 05:04 PM
Be sure to to factor in time to park and ferry or monorail over to the gates if you are not bussing directly from a resort. For MK, you have to park at the TTC, then either get on the ferry or on the monorail to get to the gates. It can take 30-45 minutes on a good day to get from your car to the turnstiles