PDA

View Full Version : Adding someone to a room reservation once already there

We LOVE Disney
01-24-2022, 02:33 PM
Ok, I have a question/possible dilemma.....

We are staying on property over the summer. Hubby has an AP (he is the only one in the room that does). I was told that EVERYONE in the room has to have the same tickets, which, we do not. So, we took hubby off the room and booked most of his park reservations separately (with no issues there thankfully).

Now, once we get to the resort, we need to go to the front desk and add him to the reservation. Problem I was told is that they MAY not let us do that (like people could in the past)! I called the Disney resort line and explained to them our issue and they said there will not be any issues.

So......my question is, has anyone recently added someone to their room reservation and had no problems with it? If you were not able to add them, what was their reasoning? I mean, we aren't trying to get away with anything and there will only be 4 of us in a room meant for 4.

Just trying to not be so stressed about it:mickey:

Thanks!

John
01-24-2022, 05:10 PM
I was never under the understanding that everyone had to have the same tickets to book a room. I have booked as an AP holder in the past while my wife and kids have had different tickets.

Who gave you this info? Doesn't sound right. I would think you could do that right now.

Did you book thru Magical Journeys?

Tink1
01-24-2022, 06:39 PM
Hi WeLoveDIsney,

It is done all the time (and by me personally in November). As long as you do not exceed occupancy it is not an issue at all.

All Walt Disney Travel Company Packages require that everyone on the package have the same components. Since your husband does not need the tickets, adding him at check-in is the safest option for y'all. That way, heaven forbid, you have to cancel the reservation you are not stuck with non-refundable separately purchased tickets. Tickets that are part of a package cancel with the package.

Nanc

We LOVE Disney
01-25-2022, 09:17 AM
Hi WeLoveDIsney,

It is done all the time (and by me personally in November). As long as you do not exceed occupancy it is not an issue at all.

All Walt Disney Travel Company Packages require that everyone on the package have the same components. Since your husband does not need the tickets, adding him at check-in is the safest option for y'all. That way, heaven forbid, you have to cancel the reservation you are not stuck with non-refundable separately purchased tickets. Tickets that are part of a package cancel with the package.

Nanc

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing this whole time that's why it wasn't making any sense that we would have an issue adding him. I feel much better now :mickey:

Tink1
01-26-2022, 10:26 AM
Just coming back to update.

As things are eternally fluid at this point in time, we are getting reports of them not wanting to add guests on to the room at check-in. This has never been the case in the past. Will this continue? We do not know.

There are ways around it though, and your agent will help you figure it all out!

Nanc