PDA

View Full Version : 86 The DVC Cards

baldburke
11-08-2021, 12:57 PM
Was anyone surprised or disappointed by last weeks' announcement that Disney will no longer be issuing physical DVC cards? I don't have a problem with it per se, but shouldn't there we a way to integrate DVC member data into the MDE app? Or if that doesn't work, how about a free standing DVC app where you couple book and edit ressies, including rooms. They've got an app for everything else, why not this?

disneymom15
11-09-2021, 12:29 PM
I would love a DVC app. I often wonder why they don’t have one.
I was surprised to hear that the membership cards were going away. Doesn’t matter to me one way or the other, just one less thing I need to carry with me.

John
11-10-2021, 06:17 PM
I guess people don't care about cards anymore - does that take effect immediately?

baldburke
11-11-2021, 12:09 PM
I guess people don't care about cards anymore - does that take effect immediately?

Current cards are good through the calendar year. No new cards will be issued for 2022.

missymouseworld
11-15-2021, 05:38 AM
From DVC website:

"Starting on January 1, 2022, Members will be able to access their Membership Card via the My Disney Experience app."

baldburke
11-15-2021, 12:23 PM
From DVC website:

"Starting on January 1, 2022, Members will be able to access their Membership Card via the My Disney Experience app."

Good catch!

mrte62
01-03-2022, 08:23 PM
DW and I just downloaded our cards - me through Google Pay and she through Apple Wallet .... there is now a Q Code for scanning and on the info section there is either DVC N (white card) or DVC Y (blue card) ... saw on another board that DVC Cards are being honored through January as part of the transition to digital.

baldburke
01-05-2022, 12:28 PM
DW and I just downloaded our cards - me through Google Pay and she through Apple Wallet .... there is now a Q Code for scanning and on the info section there is either DVC N (white card) or DVC Y (blue card) ... saw on another board that DVC Cards are being honored through January as part of the transition to digital.

Downloaded from the MDE app?

missymouseworld
01-06-2022, 06:11 AM
You can download the new card thru MDE app under Magic Mobile section. However, if you own a contract that has more than one person on it and they want their own card, they will have to establish their own account on DVC before you can get a card for them. Before, the owners listed on the contract were sent the cards in the mail, but now it is attached to your MDE account individually.

baldburke
01-06-2022, 12:55 PM
You can download the new card thru MDE app under Magic Mobile section. However, if you own a contract that has more than one person on it and they want their own card, they will have to establish their own account on DVC before you can get a card for them. Before, the owners listed on the contract were sent the cards in the mail, but now it is attached to your MDE account individually.

Thanks! I don't usually keep the app on my phone unless I'm visiting and we don't visit that often.