PDA

View Full Version : Need someplace to stay before or after your Ft. Wilderness stay?

Jll3Sonex
11-01-2021, 12:47 PM
If you're heading down to Ft. Wilderness and you get to the Orlando Area early and you need a place to stay, check out Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake.

There's a number of site with full hookups, at a very reasonable price. (Full hookups - $25 a night.) The sites are reasonably flat and paved. The bath houses are adequate - not quite Disney clean, but okay - and it's a very nice place to relax and decompress after a drive down here. There is a fair amount of noise from the Florida Turnpike, but it fades into background pretty fast, almost like surf noise in the distance. (With the occasional flatulent whale passing... ;) )

We're looking at about a 20-minute drive to Ft. Wilderness tomorrow - and then the fun starts. (Well, it already started - we went to Boo Bash the other night - I'll put up a report on that later.)

So - if you need a spot either before or after your Ft. Wilderness stay - (or even want someplace to stay instead of Ft. Wilderness) check out Bill Frederick Park. Easy access, roomy sites, and you really can't beat the price.

Enjoy!

Jll3Sonex
11-01-2021, 02:26 PM
And of COURSE I forgot the link. (Think I've bonged my head one too many times against the awning struts... ;) ) And I'll pop in a Campground Map, too...)

https://www.orlando.gov/files/sharedassets/public/departments/parks-amp-rec/bfp/bfp-rv_map-final.pdf

https://www.orlando.gov/Parks-the-Environment/Directory/Bill-Frederick-Park-At-Turkey-Lake/Make-a-Reservation-in-Bill-Frederick-Park

Cinderelley
11-04-2021, 06:37 AM
There is a fair amount of noise from the Florida Turnpike, but it fades into background pretty fast, almost like surf noise in the distance. (With the occasional flatulent whale passing... )

I don't camp, but this made me laugh.

John
11-04-2021, 02:31 PM
There is a fair amount of noise from the Florida Turnpike, but it fades into background pretty fast, almost like surf noise in the distance. (With the occasional flatulent whale passing... )

I don't camp, but this made me laugh.

:rotfl::funny:

TinaAndGlenn
11-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info! We have never stayed in a BAD campground in Florida! As avid campers we understand the highway noise comment! Its a trade-off for sleeping in our own beds at night! Not to mention all the other "perks" of bringing your home with you!

We had to reroute to Lake Louisa State Park for a few days before our Disney trip because of hurricane Michael hitting the panhandle. It is so close to Disney you can hear nightly fireworks! It is a beautiful park with spacious sites & near shopping too! We went in October & it was HOT! We also never travel without bug spray-you will need it!