PDA

View Full Version : Never See This Again...

Disney-4-Me
10-31-2021, 11:45 PM
I'm so glad I took a photo of my nephew about 8 years ago in front of the monorail sign at the Polynesian station. It said the monorail running time that day was from 5am to 3am. Now those were the days...:party2:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-01-2021, 08:20 PM
Wow! 5am - 3am ... that is one LONG day!

1DisneyNut
11-02-2021, 09:25 AM
I remember that. I remember the summer we went on the week of Fourth of July probably 2006 or maybe 2007 when the regular closing time for Magic Kingdom was 1:00 AM and then they had the 3 hour Extra Magic Hours for resort guests that night so it didn't close until 4:00AM. We got off of Pirates of the Carribean at about 3:50 and ran to Space Mountain and got in line. Believe it or not it was about a 40 minute wait because everybody tried to ride it one more time. We got out of Space Mountain at about 4:30AM and went to the Emporium and walked through and bought a couple of pins. As we were walking down the remainder of Main Street heading to the exit, you could see the sky beginning to get a little blue as the sun was about to come up. By the time we got on the bus and got to the resort it was daylight. That was the best day I ever had in Magic Kingdom. I was hoping they would go to a more permanent nighttime hours where we could go in the summer and go to the parks at night instead of cooking during the day. Of course now we know they decided to go a different direction and start having hard ticket events most evenings and closing earlier to make more money instead.