PDA

View Full Version : Sending a gift to Vero Beach

conorsmom2000
09-21-2021, 11:48 AM
Hi Intercot..... it's been a long time. :)

I didn't know exactly where this question fit, so I thought I'd start here. My best friend is a DVC member and going to Vero Beach this Friday to Monday with her husband to celebrate her 50th birthday. I would love to do something special for her, but being it's a DVC resort and not at a Disney park, I'm not sure if it's as easy to do. I tried reaching out to Disney and a Disney planner and have heard nothing. So, does anyone have any suggestions? If I did a Disney gift card, would that be useable for expenses at Vero Beach (for example, I know they are having dinner at the resort on her birthday - would she be able to use a Disney gift card towards that?) Other suggestions I was able to dig up were a Harry & David gift basket or Shari's Berries - would it be possible to send something not knowing their room number or reservation number?

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful. :)

Cheers,
Jen

PopPhan
09-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Here is the official Disney site for the resort, with address and phone number. Maybe a direct call could help.

https://verobeach.disney.go.com/?CMP=OKC-80010405_GM_WDW_resort_verobeachresort_NA

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-23-2021, 10:00 PM
What a lovely idea! Yes, Disney Gift Cards can be used at Vero Beach.

I would think that a delivery is also possible, with her name and arrival date (I've sent things to Disney without knowing my room number, and they have always arrived just fine).

conorsmom2000
09-27-2021, 11:16 AM
What a lovely idea! Yes, Disney Gift Cards can be used at Vero Beach.

I would think that a delivery is also possible, with her name and arrival date (I've sent things to Disney without knowing my room number, and they have always arrived just fine).

Well, the best laid plans.... we did contact the Resort and they were going to surprise her at their dinner reservation on her bday with a special cake from us.... But JetBlue cancelled their flight. They were at the airport and first had a 5 hour delay, that turned into a cancellation. They wouldn't have been able to get a flight out until the following night. Such a disappointment for them - though DVC was great about it, they didn't lose their points and they are rebooked for November....with United. :)

Thanks for the help!